DEATH VALLEY

THSVikings2004

Maybe I don't understand sports anymore, but...7-6 & 45-0 both go in the "W" column and that is what matters...funny how getting to the playoffs doesn't mean anything when it comes to D-B because we haven't won it all, but getting close to D-B in a game means you won, or you're equal, or better...funny...

This should be a very interesting game...Tn. High should have all their skill people healthy...South will have a very capable QB behind center even if Phillips can't go...but, if healthy, Phillips can definitely go...both teams have good size and good speed and solid toughness...South has to get the ball in Hauldren's and Compton's hands...Tn High has to shore up the defensive secondary...special teams will be very important...Tn High travels well...South is at home...this one should be well worth the price of admission

Roll Tribe Roll

Okay Skunkster, let me see if I can clear this up a bit for you since you're having a hard time understanding it. I'll be honest if you can. I'm a South grad and fan and as hard as it is for me to admit it, half the problem is jealousy. You guys have beaten us 20 out of 25 i think, so naturally, it would be normal for us to be a tad bit jealous. Don't know the stats, but you have certainly won your share of basketball games vs. us. I think we've held our own in baseball, but all in all, D-B beats us more than we beat them. So, half the problem is jealousy I'll admit. Are you with me so far? Now, the second half of the problem is where YOU have to be honest. D-B fans rant and rave about how they are perennial STATE powers in all these sports, but as far as i know, the only thing they've been successful at on a STATE level is track and tennis. Everyone knows these don't count. What the people of the Mighty Indian Tribal Nation really want is a STATE title in one, just one, of the big three. South just so happens to have one of those. State baseball champs in '87. All D-B has are MYTHICAL state titles in football. Now, I've been honest, how bout you?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Skunkster, let me see if I can clear this up a bit for you since you're having a hard time understanding it. I'll be honest if you can. I'm a South grad and fan and as hard as it is for me to admit it, half the problem is jealousy. You guys have beaten us 20 out of 25 i think, so naturally, it would be normal for us to be a tad bit jealous. Don't know the stats, but you have certainly won your share of basketball games vs. us. I think we've held our own in baseball, but all in all, D-B beats us more than we beat them. So, half the problem is jealousy I'll admit. Are you with me so far? Now, the second half of the problem is where YOU have to be honest. D-B fans rant and rave about how they are perennial STATE powers in all these sports, but as far as i know, the only thing they've been successful at on a STATE level is track and tennis. Everyone knows these don't count. What the people of the Mighty Indian Tribal Nation really want is a STATE title in one, just one, of the big three. South just so happens to have one of those. State baseball champs in '87. All D-B has are MYTHICAL state titles in football. Now, I've been honest, how bout you?

Go on all you want and complain how we say we have a chance to win state every year in football. I don't think we said that this year. We actually did have a chance last year but we didn't and we're over it. As for all you current and former South students, EVERY year you all say that "This is the year we are going to beat DB!" Well guess what... you didn't. So get over it and go on with your lives and leave the winning to the mighty indians.

Go on all you want and complain how we say we have a chance to win state every year in football. I don't think we said that this year. We actually did have a chance last year but we didn't and we're over it. As for all you current and former South students, EVERY year you all say that "This is the year we are going to beat DB!" Well guess what... you didn't. So get over it and go on with your lives and leave the winning to the mighty indians.

you are correct someguy!!! let's have a big hip hip hooraaaay for track and tennis!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: everyone fear the MIGHTY indian track team!!!! :angry:

We outta go back and find that post that shows a side by side comparison of DB vs South sports. Volman did not have too much to say after that one. DB would rather be in the hunt reaching state all the time, going deep in the playoffs regularly, then to have 1 baseball championship from 20 years ago and rarely get to the postseason. Besides we all know Volleyball is Queen (I mean King) at South. One problem though with volleyball, nobody ever gets past Brentwood, they have a dynasty over there with 6 championships and prob another this year. There is really no point or reason to argue all this. South will see DB at JFred next year and we can again settle the differences there ok?

Now back to TN High and South. Saw in tricitiessports.com that most people picked South and a few picked TN High. I did not know that this was a homecoming game for South, that should give them a bit of motivation. Now that I think about it, TN High was DB's homecoming so TN High will have two back to back homecoming opponents. Props to South for scheduling a tough homecoming opponent though.

Thanks guys, you proved my point.........you can't be honest. If you could, you'd admit that you'd trade all that district champ crap, "deep into the playoffs" crap, tennis crap, and track crap, for ONE just ONE major championship. C'mon guys just admit it. It's like Mickelson FINALLY winning a major. C'mon, be honest, we're all waiting. :rolleyes:

heck no I would not trade it! That is the truth! You did not read my post. Where did you say you got your eduacation from again?I said NO WAY. I would rather be consistently competitive, with a great following of fans rather than sometimes having fan support or sometimes having a good team. Who cares about 1 championship that was played before todays high school players were born? It is about being competitive every year. I guess you were not brought up that way.

Edited by bud

heck no I would not trade it! That is the truth! You did not read my post. Where did you say you got your eduacation from again?I said NO WAY. I would rather be consistently competitive, with a great following of fans rather than sometimes having fan support or sometimes having a good team. Who cares about 1 championship that was played before todays high school players were born? It is about being competitive every year. I guess you were not brought up that way.

Ain't buying it. Let me put into perspective for you Buddy. D-B is like the indy driver that never won the Indy 500, like the nascar driver that never won the Daytona 500, like the PGA golfer that never won a major, etc... Are you getting the idea here? Some of the greatest athletes' biggest knocks are that they can't win the "Big One" you know?? Elway finally did it to COMPLETE his career. He was still a great QB, but no one gave him credit until he won the Super Bowl. Who holds all the passing records................Marino, but is he in the same class as Elway, Montana, and now Tom Brady? NO WAY!!! :rolleyes:

Art,

The only reason you want TN High to win is because you want everyone to think that South is not on DB's level. Well, I hate to burst your bubble, they are. DB couldn't prove they were a better team in the game, so you are looking for Tennessee High to make your statements for you. That is not going to happen either.

South 34

TN High 14

Actually, the reason I don't like South is their Fans. A teams or individual's Fans are why I usually don't like a a team or an individual...just like why I didn't like Dale Earnhardt and why I don't like the Dallas Cowboys.. there Fans..

And, talking about making a statement, if you will check the DB vs South game results, you will find a statement in there, even a South fan should be able to figure it out.

Good luck Vikings

If all that is true, where does that leave South? Already told you no fan of DB would trade all they have accomplished for one championship from 20 years ago in baseball. Big whoop. I would venture to say most South fans deep down would trade 1 championship for years of success though. Admit it Volman. You are jealous. No matter what you say, I don,t believe it. Now get over it. You sound like one of those guys that drives a big truck to make up for something else, You really sound like a more of a kid then I do on here! Talk about your TN High game and we will see you at J Fred next year and you can tell us all about your 1 baseballchampionship back before any of todays senior were even born

Maybe South could be compared to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?? Don't have a great overall record history wise, but they do have a Super Bowl trophy. In such case we could call D-B the Minnesota Vikings.........great history, but nothing to show for it! Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't i ALREADY say that part of the problem here was jealousy on behalf of us South fans?? Please read before typing Buddy. I admitted I am jealous of not being able to beat the Mighty Indians on a more regular basis. It's the Mighty Indian fans that won't admit that they have nothing more than an above average athletic department that has NO major championships. If you're lucky, maybe the South athletic department could let you guys touch the State Baseball Championship trophy to see what a major trophy feels like? But, only if you admit the above. :rolleyes:

Actually, the reason I don't like South is their Fans. A teams or individual's Fans are why I usually don't like a a team or an individual...just like why I didn't like Dale Earnhardt and why I don't like the Dallas Cowboys.. there Fans..

And, talking about making a statement, if you will check the DB vs South game results, you will find a statement in there, even a South fan should be able to figure it out.

Good luck Vikings

Ah, c'mon Artie, give me a chance. You and i could be best buds! ;) Maybe we can sit down one day, have a few beers and talk about tennis or track or maybe even all those years you guys used to score over 100 points vs small schools just so you could win those mythical state championships!

I think maybe you admitted your jealousy, but sorry for not being jealous of 1 trophy. I already told you I would not trade the past 20 years, no way. we have plenty of individual and team championships over the years, none in the 3 big sports in recent years but I will be willing to bet the house that DB gets another before any team in the area.

Edited by bud