DEATH VALLEY

THSVikings2004

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South wins 21-13. Happy with the win obviously, but disappointed in the game. The game was basically boring. South played with no intensity for a game that may have decided the conference title. One of their worst performances of the season. Had chances to put the game away in 3rd quarter, but didn't get it done. Let the Vikings hang around and make it close at the end. Tn High had a couple of big plays to keep it close, but South pretty much controlled the game, especially the line play. Backup QB for South, Hicks, did a pretty good job after he got a feel for the game. Ran timid in the first quarter, but turned it up a bit towards the half. Hit a couple of good passes. This was the first time I'd seen Tn High this year, but I thought they were pretty weak. May explain the small fan support they had. Anyway, a win is a win so we'll take it and move on to Betsy next week. Good luck to the Vikings on the rest of their season.

South wins 21-13. Happy with the win obviously, but disappointed in the game. The game was basically boring. South played with no intensity for a game that may have decided the conference title. One of their worst performances of the season. Had chances to put the game away in 3rd quarter, but didn't get it done. Let the Vikings hang around and make it close at the end. Tn High had a couple of big plays to keep it close, but South pretty much controlled the game, especially the line play. Backup QB for South, Hicks, did a pretty good job after he got a feel for the game. Ran timid in the first quarter, but turned it up a bit towards the half. Hit a couple of good passes. This was the first time I'd seen Tn High this year, but I thought they were pretty weak. May explain the small fan support they had. Anyway, a win is a win so we'll take it and move on to Betsy next week. Good luck to the Vikings on the rest of their season.

Good game. It will be a win in the mind considering how close it was. I wouldn't be downplaying South saying it was their worst performance of the season...take a look at the Central game. Tennessee had plenty of opportunities to score and gave it right back to South. Good luck to the conference champions the rest of the season. :thumb:

Since DB was off this week WKPT had this game on the radio. I should have skipped this broadcast but beyond my better judgement I listened. I don't know who the TN High announcers are but Friday night they were B-A-D! You couldn't understnad what was happening on a play because all they would do was hoop and holler and go on. There were several plays where they were going nuts but I never did hear what happened on the play. At to that several remarks about the clowns in stripes not making a good call all night. and some garbage about checking to see if the ref was on the South payroll. One announcer actually made the comment that he didn't feel like the best team walked off the field with a win Friday night! Say what?!! How about 214 yards rushing for South to 15 for the Vikes. If the refs were in Souths back pockets why then did South get called for double the penalties (6 to 3) of TN High :rolleyes: ?

I am in NO WAY a South fan of course...but you gotta give the kids that play the game the credit for there effort.

What kind of excuses did they make for the 45-0 game the week before? I'm sure they felt the best team didn't walk out of J Fred with a win.

• 1 year later...