Dancing on ND's logo

Rabble Rouser

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, what are we in fourth grade again? The only team that has beaten the Jackets this year is Goodpasture and last time a checked they were a dang good football team. So that is nothing to be ashamed of and one thing is for sure they will never run up the score or get their feelings hurt by another team before the game. And for whoever said my feelings were bothered by this, well you are wrong I was sharing my opinion on the subject and if you disagree so what. [1.] And I didn't say it makes it even worse them being a christian school, i was just implying that the actions of Notre Dame probably didn't uphold to their mission of that school. so people need to [2.] stop acting like teenage girls and watching the other team and getting upset at them for getting it up, we played a team that did that in high school, we beat them by 30 it could of been worse and we called off the dogs and put in the JV, now that is the RIGHT thing to do. [3.] Don't even respond to what you consider a disrespectful act and it will go away.

1. Apparently all this team did was play football. There's nothing illeagal about running up the score. Some teams would have jawed back at the offenders or started throwing cheap shots, not this team. Besides, it sounds like the running up of the score occured in the first half.

2. What are you trying to say? B)

3. I've gotta say that that's just not a football mentality. You can't be apathetic and play football B)

No offense, I just disagree with you.

McMinn Central will gather somewhere midfield the 45 or 50 and will jump up and down and go to their sideline. Just so happens the Notre Dame has a logo ND on their field. I was NOT done in disrespect. What got me was the 3 minute announcement on sportsmanship from the ND press box before any of this happened. Notre Dame got the only unsportmanslike conduct penality.The annoucer was very rude all night with his blabbering of the score. Its OK the tell the score after a score but to go on and on even after a tackle then blab the score???

I didn't even know why they were running it up until I read the chatt. paper the next day. To me Notre Dame is a very arrogant bunch but in realty it is all a misunderstanding but what is done is done!

I hope Polk County runs all over The Sacred ND!!

I am so sick of people always complaining about running up the score, it's weird how we have athletes who dont graduate from high school or guys who play sports for four years but dont qualify for college but we are worried about somebody running up the score. it's really not that crucial. Now if you come to my stadium or gym and disrespect my team logo I'm not going to cry about it. I am going to make sure I give it to you during the game so you better be ready for a dogfight

McMinn Central will gather somewhere midfield the 45 or 50 and will jump up and down and go to their sideline. Just so happens the Notre Dame has a logo ND on their field. I was NOT done in disrespect. What got me was the 3 minute announcement on sportsmanship from the ND press box before any of this happened. Notre Dame got the only unsportmanslike conduct penality.The annoucer was very rude all night with his blabbering of the score. Its OK the tell the score after a score but to go on and on even after a tackle then blab the score???

I didn't even know why they were running it up until I read the chatt. paper the next day. To me Notre Dame is a very arrogant bunch but in realty it is all a misunderstanding but what is done is done!

I hope Polk County runs all over The Sacred ND!!

For a coach (McMinn's coach led the team to midfield) in this day and age to claim to not know that jumping up and down on a team's logo would be seen as anything less than disrespectful is beyond belief. It's hard to imagine anything considered more universally accepted as disrespectful. If he truly didn't know, he shouldn't be coaching.

As for the announcer, it was indeed rude and unfortunate.

As someone else said earlier, "I don't have a dog in this fight" but here's my two-cents worth...

First, it is either poor sportsmanship, ignorance or naivity to disrespect your opponent, especially on their home turf when they are probably better than you. It would be like ND going to McMinn Central to play basketball and talking trash to Beau Brown -- probably not a good idea!

Second, IMHO, the ND coach may have made a little too much of this situation, not only with his players but also with the local press. The fact that he mentioned it to at least two different press outlets indicates that he may have been looking for something to get his team all worked up about. If he felt that way, he could have just communicated it to his players and kept it out of the press, especially after having won 51-0. The score speaks for itself.

To me, coaches should never complain or brag in the press about the "running up the score" thing. Did anyone hear Michigan State's coach on ESPN on Tuesday night? He got a little worked up when asked if he ran up the score!

Whatever, I guess it is a good conversation piece!