a real football player

jcm

Take all the guys that give 110% off a bad teams and put them all on one and id say that would be a pretty ruff team. By the way Chad doesnt see himself as a loser he sees hisself as one that can keep improving. Great attitude and the kids got good grades so he might end up a walk-on somewhere you never know.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im giving a shout-out to number 74 for happy valley. they played north greene friday night and won 35-0 as you may know. he could've been worn out but wasnt...even when he was standing on the sidelines after certain plays he asked almost every second to be put back in....he is a true player in my eyes..if he reads this post he will know who its from.and no im not from happy valley..he made some of the best tackles ive seen in a while..my props goes out to him and that team!!! :thumb:

hey bigpun19...i think you were one of those guys who is a neverwas and is mad about not ever playing probably because u didn't give it all u had...in 02 i was on a losing team and i was out for eight weeks with an injury and stood by for 6 games watching my team lose most of those games but i couldn't wait to get in there and play...that winter we worked our butts off so the next year wouldn't be the same we went into the 03 season knowing we could win state we didn't even win the region but i know 9 out of 9 seniors on that team were able to look each other and the rest of the team and coaches in the eye and everybody could tell we gave it all we had and a little more but we still lost to smith co. in the playoffs...so quit bashing players that played harder than you ever could in your mind. i may be wrong about u not ever playing but i don't really care...

Edited by ptown_man

hey bigpun19...i think you were one of those guys who is a neverwas and is mad about not ever playing probably because u didn't give it all u had...in 02 i was on a losing team and i was out for eight weeks with an injury and stood by for 6 games watching my team lose most of those games but i couldn't wait to get in there and play...that winter we worked our butts off so the next year wouldn't be the same we went into the 03 season knowing we could win state we didn't even win the region but i know 9 out of 9 seniors on that team were able to look each other and the rest of the team and coaches in the eye and everybody could tell we gave it all we had and a little more but we still lost to smith co. in the playoffs...so quit bashing players that played harder than you ever could in your mind. i may be wrong about u not ever playing but i don't really care...

Yes, you are wrong about me..... I'm not bashing anyone on here.... All that I am saying is that you should go out during every practice, game, etc. etc. etc. and give it all you got.... It is something that you are suppose to do......If you are not doing that, you should go ahead and turn in the jersey...... I'm just one that feels like it is your duty and your job to go out give it all you have and come back, look in the mirror at yourself and say I did everything that I could and I have no regrets.....This goes for everything in life,,,,not only sports....... Boy he works hard.....You know what,,,,you are suppose to.......Most kids don't know what they have inside themself because they have never really worked as hard as they can,,,,and do not know what they are capable of doing........ And this my friend can get you to the next level no matter where you are playing....You will stand out if you work hard..........

Edited by BigPun19

Yes, you are wrong about me..... I'm not bashing anyone on here.... All that I am saying is that you should go out during every practice, game, etc. etc. etc. and give it all you got.... It is something that you are suppose to do......If you are not doing that, you should go ahead and turn in the jersey...... I'm just one that feels like it is your duty and your job to go out give it all you have and come back, look in the mirror at yourself and say I did everything that I could and I have no regrets.....This goes for everything in life,,,,not only sports....... Boy he works hard.....You know what,,,,you are suppose to.......Most kids don't know what they have inside themself because they have never really worked as hard as they can,,,,and do not know what they are capable of doing........ And this my friend can get you to the next level no matter where you are playing....You will stand out if you work hard..........

I agree. Working hard is very important, and it is expected of all players. But not everyone does work hard. There are so many guys out there who go out and just work hard on days they feel like working hard, or just show up on gamedays. And some of these guys are athletes, who are putting up pretty good stats on fridays, but because they arn't giving it everything they can, they have no idea how good they really could be. I think it is a great thing to mention those kids who do work their hardest, every single day, and live up to that expectation. Give credit to those one winning teams who are giving their best, and give credit to those on loosing teams, if they are doing their best. All you can do is work your hardest, and do your best. Giving your best is something all players are supposed to do, but to be able to do that day in and day out, even when it get hard to give your best, is something special, and credit should be given to those kids.

This is a great thread and deserves a lot of recognition for the little guys out there that don't miss a practice and keeps trying to win that starting position. As for work ethics, I have to agree that every player should have them and never give up. But I think it is not as common as one might think. It is a lot easier to get out on that field and practice hard when the team is winning year after year. I know of a couple teams who are used to winning and they are having a bad season and several of their players have already quit the team, yet there are still some players on those same teams working just as hard as ever. I also know of a few teams who haven't got the "great Football history" yet you will see some of those kids practice and play like every game if for the championship and do it for 4 quarters, even when they are 30 points down. Have you ever saw the single A teams who barely field enough players to play? Watch those kids give their all for 4 quarters and see what is true heart.

I think the true meaning of the thread is being over-looked by stating the obvious. Every player who straps those pads on should give his all, all the time. But looking at reality it just doesn't happen that way. The thread is dedicated to the player who won't quit, whether he is on the practice field or the playing field and there is still time left no matter what the score is.

This is a great thread and deserves a lot of recognition for the little guys out there that don't miss a practice and keeps trying to win that starting position. As for work ethics, I have to agree that every player should have them and never give up. But I think it is not as common as one might think. It is a lot easier to get out on that field and practice hard when the team is winning year after year. I know of a couple teams who are used to winning and they are having a bad season and several of their players have already quit the team, yet there are still some players on those same teams working just as hard as ever. I also know of a few teams who haven't got the "great Football history" yet you will see some of those kids practice and play like every game if for the championship and do it for 4 quarters, even when they are 30 points down. Have you ever saw the single A teams who barely field enough players to play? Watch those kids give their all for 4 quarters and see what is true heart.

I think the true meaning of the thread is being over-looked by stating the obvious. Every player who straps those pads on should give his all, all the time. But looking at reality it just doesn't happen that way. The thread is dedicated to the player who won't quit, whether he is on the practice field or the playing field and there is still time left no matter what the score is.

Great post