Milan at Huntingdon

bulldawgs#1

I agree. Milan has a much better team this year over last year. Milan can throw the ball this year and that was missing in 04'. If Milan brings their A game, they should win.

My Goodness!! I HOPE Mrs Walker, Coleman, Blount and company do not read this!! Have you been watching the same games I have??

If recent history holds, I hope Huntingdon does win Friday night! Then we all know what will happen in the playoffs!!

Westview, you have a good team, but just keep your fingers crossed that the 'Guy' stays healthy!!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Goodness!! I HOPE Mrs Walker, Coleman, Blount and company do not read this!! Have you been watching the same games I have??

Yep, seen every game and play.

Last years team was a good team but I haven't seen this team lose games they were supposed to win like last years team did. Last year a 2-8 Trenton team came to Milan and embarassed us. Last year I also saw an average Humboldt team beat Milan. So yes, this Milan team is better than last years team and next years team will be even better than this year's team.

Yep, seen every game and play.

Last years team was a good team but I haven't seen this team lose games they were supposed to win like last years team did. Last year a 2-8 Trenton team came to Milan and embarassed us. Last year I also saw an average Humboldt team beat Milan. So yes, this Milan team is better than last years team and next years team will be even better than this year's team.

Yes, but last year's team beat Westview twice, and Huntingdon once, something this years team hasn't done yet. If they accomplish the same, yes I will say they are better, but not 'much better'! Their 'passing' game is average at best! It is very easy to 'look ahead' as last years team did vs. Trenton. Poor play calling lost the Humboldt game. USJ and Gibson Co. had this years team 'on the ropes' but couldn't finish them.

This bunch has yet to prove themselves, as the combined W-L record of their opponents so far shows! Beat a 'quality' opponent before you go talking about how much better this team is!

Yes, but last year's team beat Westview twice, and Huntingdon once, something this years team hasn't done yet. If they accomplish the same, yes I will say they are better, but not 'much better'! Their 'passing' game is average at best! It is very easy to 'look ahead' as last years team did vs. Trenton. Poor play calling lost the Humboldt game. USJ and Gibson Co. had this years team 'on the ropes' but couldn't finish them.

This bunch has yet to prove themselves, as the combined W-L record of their opponents so far shows! Beat a 'quality' opponent before you go talking about how much better this team is!

I don't consider GC up by 7 on their opening possesion to be on the ropes. JMO.

You make good points about Westview and Huntingdon. However, had we kept the 1st team in on GC, the score is 45-7. That's not on the ropes. Yeah, the USJ game was tight for 2.5 quarters but the final was 39-15.

Milan's own head coach said before the season that this was an improved Milan team.

FYI Folks

Milan Bulldogs will be the only undeafted team in 2A football come Sat. morning.

maybe by 1 point, but we'll take it!

GO DAWGS! :)

MrGoodwrench I'm sure either team would be tickled with a one point victory, But here's why I think the mustangs will win by one this week:

Our kicking coach has worked very hard on the kicking game this week. He's widen the goal post 20 ft. on both sides to even the kicking game.(extra points and field goals) He's putting helium in the balls used on kickoffs so just maybe we can kick the ball a little deeper (hopefully we will get to kickoff more than once)

I dont know if he will be able to find that much helium or not. :thumb:

I've heard some say we dont have a kicking coach; this week they will be eating those words :)

Our other coaches have been busy too! They are cutting the grass so close it will almost be like playing on artificial turf. ( RUN BOO RUN )

This is a Wonderful week for West Tenn FOOTBALL!

It just dont get much better than this, too bad these teams cannot meet in the semifinals again this year!

Widen the post, mow the lawn and lets play some football :P

Edited by radioman27

You make good points about Westview and Huntingdon. However, had we kept the 1st team in on GC, the score is 45-7. That's not on the ropes. Yeah, the USJ game was tight for 2.5 quarters but the final was 39-15.

Milan's own head coach said before the season that this was an improved Milan team.

What is USJ and Gibson Co's combined record? I don't believe it would be above .500

I believe that Milan's coach said the 'passing game is improved'. It's still AVERAGE at best! Beat Huntingdon, like last years team did, then we will talk about how good they are!

The new facilities at Milan are nice. Fit for kings in some regions that I've seen. I got the chance to see the inside of the visitors locker room and was impressed. There were even showers with curtains! I do hope that Milan takes the opportunity to properly maintain the facility and not allow it to become run down. I do believe there is adequate parking now. The addition of the gravel parking lot in the back of the visitors' bleachers is large.

Overall, I would say that Westview has the best place for a visiting team to come to. Milan needs a new home set of bleachers and possibly a new visitor's bleachers ... but I wouldn't take them from that spot. There is a whole lot of tradition there.

Edited by fieldgoal1

:thumb: I've been pacing myself all year for this one!!

Bulldawg Fan 2 and 12 yrold.....Whassup?

WestTn2004State....You are really impressing me with the new found attitude, I knew you had it in you!

The complexity of this game has changed from what we are used to. This game while not for all the marbles, is for more than regular season bragging rights. A Milan win and they control their own destiny regarding the 72A championship, Huntingdon needs this game and a Westview loss to Milan for the 72A championship BUT 2nd coming out of this region is sitting prettier as far as playoff seeding if you ask me. Anyway it's a MUST WIN for both schools.

Huntingdons opponents records are a combined 22-14 while Milans are 11-20

Huntingdon is scoring at a 31 ppg and giving up 10.

Milan is scoring 34 ppg and giving up 13.

Huntingdon is at home.

Huntingdon is playing their best defense right now since the 2003 state championship game, IMO.

If we are efficient and smart in the passing game Huntingdon should win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Will Milan continue to run the 5-2 considering how Donald has ate their lunch up the middle the last 2 years? I figure on seeing 9 in the box and them hoping for the best against the Huntingdon passing attack....What are ya'lls thoughts? :P