Milan at Huntingdon

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: I've been pacing myself all year for this one!!

Bulldawg Fan 2 and 12 yrold.....Whassup?

WestTn2004State....You are really impressing me with the new found attitude, I knew you had it in you!

The complexity of this game has changed from what we are used to. This game while not for all the marbles, is for more than regular season bragging rights. A Milan win and they control their own destiny regarding the 72A championship, Huntingdon needs this game and a Westview loss to Milan for the 72A championship BUT 2nd coming out of this region is sitting prettier as far as playoff seeding if you ask me. Anyway it's a MUST WIN for both schools.

Huntingdons opponents records are a combined 22-14 while Milans are 11-20

Huntingdon is scoring at a 31 ppg and giving up 10.

Milan is scoring 34 ppg and giving up 13.

Huntingdon is at home.

Huntingdon is playing their best defense right now since the 2003 state championship game, IMO.

If we are efficient and smart in the passing game Huntingdon should win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Will Milan continue to run the 5-2 considering how Donald has ate their lunch up the middle the last 2 years? I figure on seeing 9 in the box and them hoping for the best against the Huntingdon passing attack....What are ya'lls thoughts? :lol:

Mustange 69, been waiting to hear from you. Gonna be a war at Paul Ward this Friday night. Something tells me we are going to see the two best run defenses in 7-2A on the same field.

Donald has been the one for the last 4 games that we've had trouble with. He's just a great player.

:thumb: I've been pacing myself all year for this one!!

Bulldawg Fan 2 and 12 yrold.....Whassup?

WestTn2004State....You are really impressing me with the new found attitude, I knew you had it in you!

The complexity of this game has changed from what we are used to. This game while not for all the marbles, is for more than regular season bragging rights. A Milan win and they control their own destiny regarding the 72A championship, Huntingdon needs this game and a Westview loss to Milan for the 72A championship BUT 2nd coming out of this region is sitting prettier as far as playoff seeding if you ask me. Anyway it's a MUST WIN for both schools.

Huntingdons opponents records are a combined 22-14 while Milans are 11-20

Huntingdon is scoring at a 31 ppg and giving up 10.

Milan is scoring 34 ppg and giving up 13.

Huntingdon is at home.

Huntingdon is playing their best defense right now since the 2003 state championship game, IMO.

If we are efficient and smart in the passing game Huntingdon should win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Will Milan continue to run the 5-2 considering how Donald has ate their lunch up the middle the last 2 years? I figure on seeing 9 in the box and them hoping for the best against the Huntingdon passing attack....What are ya'lls thoughts? :lol:

Mustang69 - Good to hear from you again. Hope everything is good with you.

I think we will stack the box pretty heavy - 7/8 guys is my guess. If we go with more than 8 we really open ourselves up to some play action and Crocker going over the top of us. I agree with most of the post concerning our SOS but it is what it is. I do feel we have a good chance Friday night. Defense will be key if we are going to win. I am hoping for a low scoring game. I feel that helps Milan's chances. JMO. I know ultimately this game is only for region bragging rights like you said and we both want to win the next one should we meet again. I'll be there early on Friday night, anything to eat from Mrs. Shelley this year?

The new fieldhouse is in the West endzone with new concession stand and restrooms. It is really nice but the parking just isn't there. Not much you can do about that since it's located in the middle of town. The old middle school has been torn down so there may be some parking added there as well as behind the visitors side.

Yeah I`ve only seen the new building from the road.It`s good to see some improvements going on there. I wasn`t trying to belittle the facilities there, I was just surprised from the 2 or 3 times I`ve been there in the last few years that it really seemed outdated. I mean that town is painted purple during football season and I just found it odd that so little had been done to keep it maintained or improved over time. Lord knows Rothrock needs some work, but the problem there is that the school in Jackson are run by the county and Rothrock is actually owned by the city, so there`s no way the city is gonna put any money into it. Fortunately one of the local service clubs has taken on Rothrock as a project and did a lot cosmetic improvements before the season started. If they can work out some sort of agreement with the city (which doesn`t even use the stadium) they plan to get corporate money from local busineses to actually improve the facilities.