DB @ Sevier County

ArtVandalay

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Sylvester could be rotated in or do you mean Sylvester getting the start?

I don't know.

Just starting to hear some rumblings that it may be time to give him a shot. I am sure this would be a rotation deal to begin with. I hope he gets the chance.

Week before last he scored 5 times on 5 carries. 4 td's and 1 conversion. I have not heard anything from last week. As I was in your neck of the woods for 3 days.

More to come I am sure.

Current players or alumni: Would like to trade for a "Kingsport Football" t-shirt, jersey or cap...prefer the older and more beat up the better. Art, Bud, or Waco, anyone. Of course when I went there we stole it at risk of having Tom Brixy poke his fingers in our chests or having Chuck Lain or Tom Pugh catch us 'round town with same. Glad to offer some excellent stuff: No.33, blue and gold, Serra High (Brady and Bonds), years of DLS streak, CA, GA, many other schools. Thanks for responding.

I agree with the posts so far, the game should be a close one. I know most will be favoring D-B, because of the past few years, but Sevier County has been playing well this year, this should make for a good contest.

I have attended a few D-B games this year and just have a couple of questions. How come they have gone to more of the I formation in recent games? How will the supposed return of McCord boost the offense? And why does #19 (do not know his name (or really just forgot it)) not play play in the gun formations? Just a couple of questions to clear up my clouded mind.

Roll Tribe Roll

DB has run the I formation in most games, albeit only a few times until the Jeff County game. The spread formation was not being productive in that game, so DB went to the I with great success. Continued that trend in the TN High game. Expect to see both formations in play with Sevier County. #19 is Andrew Pappas, who starts at OLB and as the FB in the I. DB has a number of good running backs, but Pappas is the power blocking fullback. Pappas does get the ball occasionally, and is averaging just over 5 yards/carry. Out of the spread, Bennett has been very successful, and should be back for the Sevier Co. game. Ring stepped in for Bennett in the TN High game and had several good carries. DB has a host of good running backs, and uses all this talent to keep the players fresh, especially since several players go both ways.

McCord is an outstanding athlete. Having him back can only add another dimension to the offense which continues to improve with each game.

What do you mean you don't know......Plowboy. You started it. Get yourself over to practice and see if he's with the Freshman team or the Varsity.

Those rumblings your hearing could be from something you ate.

Like "they" say talk is cheap. Talk is all I have heard.

Last time I went near the practice field I saw some dude in a space suit drivin an orange Yugo. Kinda scared me, ya know. Saftey in numbers I only go around on game nite now.

For a Frosh to play for DB would be out of the norm for Graham Clark. I asked him about that very thing during the summer @ the Baseball Fields. He told me that Freshman, especially at the 5A level, need more time to mature, both physically and mentally. He mentioned how it would be awful to see a gifted athlete have major injury because they were forced to play as a Freshman. I agree. Heck, as deep as this years Junior Class is for the Indians, very few of them played regularly as Soph's on the Varsity. I can think of 3, Pappas , Brandon Thompson and Coty Sensabaugh.

If you want to look way down the road at someone who may challange the Freshman Varsity rule, look at Sevier 7th grader, Chris Sensabaugh. Chris was held back a year in Elem. School, he is bigger, stronger and faster than almost anyone in the 9th grade, now. He is the 8TH Grade Starting TB, Middle LB and plays on all Kick Teams. He never comes off the field. He has those EYES!!

Enough about players not playing this week. DB has a long road trip this week, if you plan on attending the game, get started by 5:00. Traffic in Sevierville is awful. It is best to come in the back way, if you know how.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Enough about players not playing this week. DB has a long road trip this week, if you plan on attending the game, get started by 5:00. Traffic in Sevierville is awful. It is best to come in the back way, if you know how.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

The only back way that I know of is to take I40 to Newport, then US411 to Sevierville. Dolly Parton parkway, Correct? If anybody knows a better way, I'm all eyes.