Powell plays at Knox Halls

fairplay2121

Well first off i heard that BBS is a genius in the math department! Wink Wink! 2nd Red byrd is not correct on the Reese thing i talked to Reese for about 30 mins at my work last night and he said, "he wouldn't play for Shephard". PepVol listen about your Rebels, Brent Burnette still lives in Halls i pass Tommy every morning while he is taking the 40 min drive to Maryville! Finally this is the Halls vs the pink panthers post room lets keep it like that ladies!

The Burnettes still live in Halls but they have property with a house being built that they will move to eventually in Maryville so it is actually "legal" that he was able to transfer up there and not be on any waiting list or anything. And the thing you said and most everybody else said about Reese is true. If Sheppard was coaching this year Reese would not be playing.

Edited by hhsbball12

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Burnettes still live in Halls but they have property with a house being built that they will move to eventually in Maryville so it is actually "legal" that he was able to transfer up there and not be on any waiting list or anything. And the thing you said and most everybody else said about Reese is true. If Sheppard was coaching this year Reese would not be playing.

The Burnettes rent a home in Maryville while their new home is being finished. They still own their Halls home but live in Maryville.

Your right on the money hhsbball12. Also Brent's grandparents still live here. So you will still see his Dad in the area from time to time. Everyone knows about J.Reese so I think REDBYRD was just trying to have some fun with us. Finally, Shephard is not coaching here any more so everyone needs to get behind KJ and forget about comparing them. They are not even close in how they coach. Julian is a defensive guru and keeps mostly hands off with the offense. Powell is our next opponent not ifs & buts. Now how does that go? I hope we all have a early Merry Christmas. Halls by ten.

It will be curious with all the seniors Halls has to replace after this year to see a TRUE Devil fan stick behind KJ after this year, Especially if Halls has a couple down years starting next year. And by the way LL took his business elsewhere when everybody found out he was a drug addict. Why do you think he left Halls for AC and then all of a sudden AC becomes a powerhouse almost overnight? Maybe because some boys from Campbell CO and a few other places were RECRUITED in? Just one more question for all the Shephard bashers....I wonder why first your Head Coach resigns, then all of a sudden your Asst. Head Coach resigns and then to beat all that the Principle even resigns (retired). I guess that was just a coincidence huh?

Ouch!! I hate bringing up old wounds no matter how true they are.True Devil fans like yourself will stick behind KJ like they did Shep. True fans never change in their support just their mindset. Kind of like George Steinbrenner with the Yankees he has the mindset if you don't win a pennant you better be improving from last year or he will be pushing you to change employment. He will never quit being a Yankee fan he just has the ability to influence change faster than most. Granted the Halls community in the past has had some great teams both in the Kerr & Shephard era and we all want the same again. Why is it that Central & Maryville have been consistently successfull year in year out? How can we be like them or even better? Are we doing things we need to change? Ask the seniors from this years team they will tell you.

This is THE BIG GAME! This is what Halls players look forward to during the season. It will be a close one, but I believe Halls will pull it out. The Halls defense will stop Watts and Smith. The D-line will stop anything and everything coming through so Powell has to throw it. Halls DBs are beasts so Powell is in trouble. Get off the tracks when the Ferg train is coming through! This is THE YEAR for the Julian Dynasty. HALLS WILL WIN THIS GAME! There is no need to talk about Maryville's waiting list or Red Bank or anything else. Just Halls dominating Powell. End of story. Case closed. I'm done.

P.S. LET THE BIG RED ROLL!!!!!!

Edited by bigsambball50

Well I woke up this morning and for the second straight year a tropical type storm is raining Thursday of Powell week. Supposed to rain pretty good tomorrow also though. What added factor does this have to the game? Does it hurt Halls or Powell more? We all know Halls has some pretty thick grass up there and with it being wet and the field not draining incredubly good could provide for some interesting side stories. Of course, if Halls did win I'm sure Powell fans would blame it on the rain. What do you all think?

If I remember correctly Powell folks felt like the game wouldn' have bee close last year if it weren't for the rain.

Halls better be ready for Powell. Powell is a better football team talent wise than Halls. Powell has played very tough competition while Halls has padded their record with cream puffs like Karns and Gibbs. If Halls isn't careful and they think Powell is a pushover they will find themselves a sad bunch of Red Devils come late Friday night.

Big catt, the halls boys know what Powell can do Believe me, they know powell will bring them a game and the Devils are ready to Knock some Heads with the rain it helps Halls and hurts Powell, Halls has better backs and will still be able to run and maybe throw some passes, but u gotta think this isnt the Hurricane type rain that both teams played in last year either

If I remember correctly Powell folks felt like the game wouldn' have bee close last year if it weren't for the rain.

Halls better be ready for Powell. Powell is a better football team talent wise than Halls. Powell has played very tough competition while Halls has padded their record with cream puffs like Karns and Gibbs. If Halls isn't careful and they think Powell is a pushover they will find themselves a sad bunch of Red Devils come late Friday night.

Now, I wouldn't say that's completely true about Halls. The Red Devils aren't just winning the pushovers and doing it like they should, they beat West who went to overtime with Mo West. Also, it took a funk john fake punt play late in the 4th quarter to get West within the 8 points of the eventual 17-9 loss. They beat Sevier County 24-14. In preseason, against 1s...they beat Kingsport DB 2 TDs- 0, they beat Catholic 2-1 and Carter I think 3-2. And to add to this Halls was a bad call and Lucas' only interception away from beating Central, whether Central fans want to admit it or not. Plus Halls knocked on the door several other times that game in the second half. So, like it or not, Halls deserves respect.