Brentwood Academy @ Montgomery Bell Academy

Eagles09

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't that game one of those bizarro, non-region games, that didn't even count towards regional records?

Yes.

Does anyone remember when the last one was that counted in the region standings? Seems like it's been a while. Coach Rutledge was quoted in the paper todaythat he would like to see everybody play everybody each year "for keeps". Probably won't happen while DIIAAA is so spread out, especially with fuel costs escalating.

Not real excited about this one as a BA fan. Our CONSERVATIVE offense will not have much of a chance vs. the Big Red defense. Long gone are the days when we could just out talent everyone.

Unfortunately for us, in 2003 things did have a way of working out...we got blasted when the 2 teams play eached other for a second time in the Clinic Bowl. Refs couldn't even have screwed that one up.

Go Eagles.

Not real excited about this one as a BA fan. Our CONSERVATIVE offense will not have much of a chance vs. the Big Red defense. Long gone are the days when we could just out talent everyone.

Unfortunately for us, in 2003 things did have a way of working out...we got blasted when the 2 teams play eached other for a second time in the Clinic Bowl. Refs couldn't even have screwed that one up.

Go Eagles.

Normally you are sarcastically silly and you may have been trying to be on this occasion, but you are pretty accurate this time. Except I think BA has a chance at the very least. BA is not that great this year, but neither is MBA.

You are exactly right. That is what I said. MBA was not a top 5 team in the nation, evidently. They were better than BA, evidently. Worked right out. It was all resolved, but some people can't let it go.

Edited by USA1

I may as well post once on this thread before the game.

It should be a good game. I'm not sure why there's not much more of a buzz about this game, at least on this site. It seems to be popular opinion that these two teams are down this year, and while it may be true that both teams are down from previous years, they are still 4-2 (BA) and 5-2 (MBA), and I am confident that there are maybe only 10-15 teams in the entire state that could have records as good as these two have if they played the same schedules.

This one's a tossup, and I'm looking forward to it.

Would you rather have a workhorse RB in Andy Snyder or the one two combo of Tyree Ford and Ryan White? I don't think BA can find their "groove" enough to get past the MBA D. Tyler Griffin was one of the most underrated players in the entire state last year and I can't imagine BA actually improving after losing him and replacing him with youth and inexperience, on both sides of the ball.

Would you rather have a workhorse RB in Andy Snyder or the one two combo of Tyree Ford and Ryan White? I don't think BA can find their "groove" enough to get past the MBA D. Tyler Griffin was one of the most underrated players in the entire state last year and I can't imagine BA actually improving after losing him and replacing him with youth and inexperience, on both sides of the ball.

I would rather have a really good QB to go with either of your options. Things are a wash at the QB position at BA in my opinion from last year to this year (little better runner - not quite as good a passer). The 1-2 punch is coming straight at you and MBA has done a good job of knowing that, stacking it up and stopping that in recent years. This may be the same scenario as recent years (except 2003) - we may have a slight talent advantage, but not as good of a game plan.

Edited by USA1

I would rather have a really good QB to go with either of your options. Things are a wash at the QB position at BA in my opinion from last year to this year (little better runner - not quite as good a passer). The 1-2 punch is coming straight at you and MBA has done a good job of knowing that, stacking it up and stopping that in recent years. This may be the same scenario as recent years (except 2003) - we may have a slight talent advantage, but not as good of a game plan.

I think that's what has people so unsure about this game. If Garrett plays to his potential, BA could be a very tough offense to stop. He may be the best pure athlete to play the position at BA since Benji Walker, but he has not really looked comfortable out there very often yet.

MBA seems to be very consistent week to week, at least to a casual observer. They have only lost to two teams that they "should" have lost to, and beaten a couple of tough foes. BA beat a very good Ravenwood team, then lost to McCallie in a game they had won, and were crushed by MUS. The real question is can they come back mentally to play well against the Big Red? If they play their best, they win. QB play on both sides is the key to this one.

Week in and week out you have to give snyder credit for his toughness. When Rutledge gives him the ball 20+ tiimes a game, MBA wins, when he hasnt they have lost. If Snyder get his touches it might be a long night for the Eagles.

I think if Coach Flatt can take advantage of our talent and athleticism we will win this one 21 - 13.