Obion County...Playoff Bound?

rebel_oc

man please!!!!! covington and crocket are two of tuffest teams in the state.haywood is always tuff. 7aaa just became a region to look out for :thumb:

I think that was meant to be sarcastic.! Your buddy mg even said that basketball would be tougher than football. And by the way, we will have plenty to talk about on Oct. 22nd.

Ohhhhh, I'm sorry. For those of you who don't understand, that is the Saturday after week nine. (OC vs. D-Burg)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was meant to be sarcastic.! Your buddy mg even said that basketball would be tougher than football. And by the way, we will have plenty to talk about on Oct. 22nd.

Ohhhhh, I'm sorry. For those of you who don't understand, that is the Saturday after week nine. (OC vs. D-Burg)

make sure there is plenty of tissue when the trojans leave town. obion will be even closer to not making playoffs :thumb: obion is a good team but not a mach for the trojans :lol::P

make sure there is plenty of tissue when the trojans leave town. obion will be even closer to not making playoffs :thumb: obion is a good team but not a mach for the trojans :lol::P

OC is not a "mach" for the Trojans, as you put it. Well OC was not a match for Covington, or Union City either according to most, but The rebs put those games on the win side. Dyersburg is a solid football team, and the Rebs will have to play VERY well to get a win vs the Trojans, but it CAN be done. OC must address the struggles of the offense, and maintain their play on defense to get this one. The Rebs have suffered thru injuries, from the start of the season, and have continued to find ways to compete, and win. As I said before, on paper Dyersburg should win the game, but the game is not played on paper, it will be on the grass of Rebel Field.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm gonna jump off topic, so I'll make it quick ... I just had to respond to the girls' b-ball stuff.

First of all, you're right, Dyersburg has won the last three meetings: 70-61 at Troy and 53-51 in OT at Dyersburg last season and 57-50 at Dyersburg in the 03-04 season.

And, as far as saying the Lady Rebels haven't been the same since Spencer (whom I like) left, you're right again: With Spencer, OC was 3-5 in the postseason and did not advance past the first round of the regional tournament in either of his two seasons. Under Eddie Suiter (whom I also like) last year, OC won the district tournament, finished runner-up in the regional, won its sectional game in Memphis and advanced to the state tournament.

And, since we have some people here who are hung up about banners, the Lady Rebs can hang 16 for district tournament championships, six for region tournament championships, nine for substate/sectional wins and 13 for state tournament appearances .... all since opening the doors in 1961. No state titles, sure, but one runner-up and some pretty good tradition, by anyone's standards.

Oh, the football game. Well, they'll play on Friday night. :thumb:

OK, I'm gonna jump off topic, so I'll make it quick ... I just had to respond to the girls' b-ball stuff.

First of all, you're right, Dyersburg has won the last three meetings: 70-61 at Troy and 53-51 in OT at Dyersburg last season and 57-50 at Dyersburg in the 03-04 season.

And, as far as saying the Lady Rebels haven't been the same since Spencer (whom I like) left, you're right again: With Spencer, OC was 3-5 in the postseason and did not advance past the first round of the regional tournament in either of his two seasons. Under Eddie Suiter (whom I also like) last year, OC won the district tournament, finished runner-up in the regional, won its sectional game in Memphis and advanced to the state tournament.

And, since we have some people here who are hung up about banners, the Lady Rebs can hang 16 for district tournament championships, six for region tournament championships, nine for substate/sectional wins and 13 for state tournament appearances .... all since opening the doors in 1961. No state titles, sure, but one runner-up and some pretty good tradition, by anyone's standards.

Oh, the football game. Well, they'll play on Friday night. :thumb:

Great post nwtenn.....yes off the football topic, but still a great post. Your right there is great tradition with the girl's basketball program, and they should be solid again this season. As for the football, as it has been said on here, OC controls their own fate in reguards to playoffs, and have a BIG game Friday night with D'burg.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the football game. Well, they'll play on Friday night. B)

Couldn't have said it better myself!!