Weights and times

Westaussie

Hi

I coach rugby and football in Western Australia and would like some advice as to what times and weights linemen should be achieving to be competitive in the US High School system. I have one lad who is 16 and already plays seniors over here. He currently holds the world power lifting records for his age group but I need to understand the speed and endurance criteria applied to teams in the US. Any help would be a fantastic help. He wants to go to college in the US but needs to see if he can be competitive.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. I will have a look but I was hoping to get an idea of the times need to make the cut in the US.

The boy is very strong (benches 440 pounds) but needs to work on his mobilty and speed. I need to be able to set him goals that once achieved will make him competetive in the US system.

Thanks again

West uncle didnt mean 4.16 he probly meant 4.61 and the 40 doesn't mean as much as quickness as a lineman. I mean you lineman may run a 4.6 but if he is slow getting off the line of scrimmage he will get it handed to him but if you had a boy that big running a 4.5 4.6 put him at fullback. lol and challenge people to stop him.

West uncle didnt mean 4.16 he probly meant 4.61 and the 40 doesn't mean as much as quickness as a lineman. I mean you lineman may run a 4.6 but if he is slow getting off the line of scrimmage he will get it handed to him but if you had a boy that big running a 4.5 4.6 put him at fullback. lol and challenge people to stop him.

Nice call.. so you think I should be focusing on his 20 times? speed off the mark etc?

It would be good to focus on agilities to see how well he moves his feet cause the faster he moves his feet the better. I mean even a 20 isnt that important maybe for college stats but the lineman blocking usually stays within 10 yards of his starting position and thats if he has to go after a linebacker.

It would be good to focus on agilities to see how well he moves his feet cause the faster he moves his feet the better. I mean even a 20 isnt that important maybe for college stats but the lineman blocking usually stays within 10 yards of his starting position and thats if he has to go after a linebacker.

Thanks.. I have plenty of agility drills which I am already getting him to work on. Any other help would be alos appreciated.. Thanks