Playoff Question

Pauladcc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Which region would play region 5 in the playoffs?

That would be region 6. The playoff teams from that region are gonna be Lewis Co., Camden, and Riverside. The fourth playoff team from that region will be Loretto, Waverly, or Richland.

Region 6 for at least the first 2 rounds with Camden, Riverside, Lewis co,(for sure) and probably Richland being the playoff teams. and then the 2 winners from regions 5 &/or 6 playing in the quarters...then that winner will meet the region7/8 winner for the semi's.

Edited by Lions4ever

Region 5 is top to bottom the best region in 2A, just like it was when the privates were in 1A. I feel sorry for 6-2A, u guys have a tough playoff road. GOOD LUCK!!!

Sorry region 7-2a holds the honor of toughest region in 2a with 5-2a close behind so even if we get through the privates into the semi's we still have Huntingdon, Milan or Westview to contend with :huh: ...but we're up to it :huh:

Sorry region 7-2a holds the honor of toughest region in 2a with 5-2a close behind so even if we get through the privates into the semi's we still have Huntingdon, Milan or Westview to contend with ;) ...but we're up to it :lol:

Region 7 is not as tough top to bottom as Region 5. I don't care what anyone says, its just not. Compare the teams and you will see. It is something for Fairview, last year's region 5 winner to be 6th in the standings right now. That is a strong region.

Region 7 is not as tough top to bottom as Region 5. I don't care what anyone says, its just not. Compare the teams and you will see. It is something for Fairview, last year's region 5 winner to be 6th in the standings right now. That is a strong region.

Considering that region 5's top two last year got whipped by region 6's top two, I probably wouldn't use Fairview's #6 spot this year as a water-mark to the talent level in this region . Come on Gerry now I agree that from top to bottom region 5 is more comparable this year, but if you take the top 3 from each, region 7 would take region 5.

All I know is whoever the number 1 is in Region 6 has a good shot of going home on the first week, especially if a team like East Robertson comes into Camden. Thing is you West Tennessee people can't except the idea there may be a region tougher out their than yours, and this year it is true. Having seen East Robertson play they could beat any team in Region 7, yes I said it they could beat anyteam in Region 7 right now. But playoff time is awhile a away, but I predict you will see the mulitplier come into effect this year, and for those who use USJ as an example, everyone knows they are way down this year.

I don't know if 5-2A ( 5-1.8A? :justwrestle: ) is the "best" region but it is definitely the most competitive this year. There is going to be a very good team (or two) left out of the playoffs in region 5. We'll know for sure when the playoffs hit. I have my suspicions on how DCA, Ezell-Harding, and whoever else makes it out are going to do, but we'll certainly find out for sure.

In region 7-2A this year, you have the "big three" and then everybody else seems to be about even. Peabody got a big win to give them some separation last night, but let's see how that holds up as they hit the meat of their schedule