Huntingdon Beat's Milan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great defensive football game by both teams. Good luck Milan and go get those Chargers for us!!

I believe we will take care of the Chargers for you!! It will be a tough game for sure. It was a good game. I still like our chances in a rematch should it happen. The Mustangs have a good team this year, we had our chances. I know we would like to have the last 50 seconds over again.

First let me say I did not give Milan enough credit heading into this one, once again they have only reloaded. AWESOME effort from both defenses. Huntingdon still just aint clicking on all cylinders on O, but tonight Milan gets the credit for that. If I have one gripe it is this.......on first and goals we need to FEED Chris the ball and thats not taking anything away from BOO, but give me Chris Donald and 4 downs and 9 times out of 10 we're gonna score. Great gutted out win Stangs. And not taking anything away from The Dawgs either but

1) The kickoff return man on their 1st half scoring drive touched the ball obviously, that should have at the least gave us a safety.

2) The pass interference call in the same series was BULL.

There is no doubt in my mind that even if Guy is back by week 10 Milan WILL beat Westview. Huntingdon cant let down we still have problems that need worked out to get ready for a playoff run and once again PEAK at the right time. To me this is Mike Mansfield and Staffs STRONGEST asset, they just have that magic touch to gets the Stangs playing their best football at the right time. I expect to see a Huntingdon- Milan rematch in the 3rd week of the playoffs.

;)

First let me say I did not give Milan enough credit heading into this one, once again they have only reloaded. AWESOME effort from both defenses. Huntingdon still just aint clicking on all cylinders on O, but tonight Milan gets the credit for that. If I have one gripe it is this.......on first and goals we need to FEED Chris the ball and thats not taking anything away from BOO, but give me Chris Donald and 4 downs and 9 times out of 10 we're gonna score. Great gutted out win Stangs. And not taking anything away from The Dawgs either but

1) The kickoff return man on their 1st half scoring drive touched the ball obviously, that should have at the least gave us a safety.

There is no doubt in my mind that even if Guy is back by week 10 Milan WILL beat Westview. Huntingdon cant let down we still have problems that need worked out to get ready for a playoff run and once again PEAK at the right time. To me this is Mike Mansfield and Staffs STRONGEST asset, they just have that magic touch to gets the Stangs playing their best football at the right time. I expect to see a Huntingdon- Milan rematch in the 3rd week of the playoffs.

;)

I agree about the kickoff man touch - But I don't think it matters unless he has possession and the loses the ball. I felt we got the a couple of raw calls on your first two drives. 3rd down and our lineman was drug down just outside the QB and we get called for interference. I personally thought the white cap was off all night JMO!! You guys have a good team and I hope for a rematch in round 3. Looks like it could be a trip back to H-Town. I don't know if either team can handle Alcoa, but that is a long way off. We have to stay focused each week just to get a 2 seed for the playoff run. I know Trenton, Dresden, & Martin will be trying to take us down.

;)

You can get some on that !!!!!

Great game and great crowd. Lots of heavy hits out there tonight. These two teams will probably see each other again in the playoffs. We couldn't understand why Morris calls time out on the 3 yard line with another time out to burn and then comes back and trys a pass play? Why wouldn't you pound the ball in the middle or fake it in the middle and go with the QB keeper? I think the Milan fans would agree that Coach Morris has overcoached the last two times these teams have played and came up just short both times.

It was certain what Milan was going to do all night and that was to pound it up the middle. I also think field position hurt the Mustangs for the better part of the game but they gutted it out there in the final quarter. If these teams meet again you'll see a different type of game. We were limited in what we were trying to do and Milan had alot to do with that.

Good luck to the Bulldogs. You've got one tough team..

Great game and great crowd. Lots of heavy hits out there tonight. These two teams will probably see each other again in the playoffs. We couldn't understand why Morris calls time out on the 3 yard line with another time out to burn and then comes back and trys a pass play? Why wouldn't you pound the ball in the middle or fake it in the middle and go with the QB keeper? I think the Milan fans would agree that Coach Morris has overcoached the last two times these teams have played and came up just short both times.

It was certain what Milan was going to do all night and that was to pound it up the middle. I also think field position hurt the Mustangs for the better part of the game but they gutted it out there in the final quarter. If these teams meet again you'll see a different type of game. We were limited in what we were trying to do and Milan had alot to do with that.

Agree, a typical Milan v. Huntingdon Match up. Tough football for 48 minutes on both sides of the ball. I tell you the old ticker cant take many more of these.

Anyway, the Stangs dont need to back away from the pass so quickly. Stick with it. It is the only way to keep the defense honest. We have to keep good defenses like Milan off balance. Coaches take heed!! Dont abandon the pass, you need it to make the running game work.

We will have to keep a balanced offense if we want to get back to the Boro. Hats off the the Bulldogs, by far the best team we played this year. They will put a whippin on Westview.

Sorry Chargers, you are the third best team in the region. Without Guy, your probably the 4th best. JMO.

Later,

Truth out,

Oh yeah,

Way to go STANGS!!!!!!

;):huh:

Edited by truth225

Great game tonight to both teams...congrats mustangs....i would just like to say something about the Huntingdon fans....not all fans but most are so horrible...whenever we get down the fans just look like dead beats but when we are killing someone everyones cheering their head off...come on guys they need our support even when we are down...lets try to work on that.

I know Milan had one timeout and #29, #10 were getting their yds. but if Milan scores, it's a great call. It was play action and Milan's receiver was wide open for the winning score but the QB just lost the ball. That's just football and the Bulldogs will be back next week for some more exciting 7-2A football.

Crowd was estimated around 6000.

I got my $5 worth!