Carter-24 Union Co.-10

UCHSPAtriots

Excuses excuses thats all you have to say is that they had an off night or something was slowing them down thats what every decent team says when they play us and it isnt a blowout like everybody thinks.You Carter fans are just mad because u didnt blow out a 1-6 Union Co. team.Like I said Union Co. cant beat 11 on 11 plus how ever many refs there are on the field.Carter knew going into the game that w/ those refs that they was going to win!

Read these three times, which team got the worst end by the refs? Seeing both sides complaining about the officials?? What gives?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Union County complain about officiating?

What needs to happen is for them not to worry about officiating and learn to play on the road...I see 4 wins in the last 5 seasons...

UC as far as I can tell is somewhat of a disappointment this season...coming off a strong showing against A-E in the playoffs last season and should have been a safe bet for the playoffs...looks like that's not going to happen without a miracle.

I hate to see any team blame officiating or wheather conditions for a loss or poor play. (Did both teams not play in nasty wet conditions?) Union Co., just be proud you played Carter as closely as you did. Carter, you have a great team, best in your region, but realize you are not going to beat everyone 65-0. It's sad to hear about lude gesturing and poor sportsmanship, but to keep bringing things like that up doesn't progress anything. All excuses and complaining does is take away from the effort of the boys (on both sides) who just want to play football.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.