Lenoir City at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all hurt this week over the game friday night. It was a tough weekend for the seniors. But as we know one game doesn't a season make. So I'm expecting a big bounce back from the running game. Also I'm hoping we pass on first down occasionally in the first half. I don't think we will look ahead to Maryville now because each game is so important. I bet the long snap for the punter will get a lot of attention this week in practice. Overall, this team still shows a lot of spunk and intestinal fortitude. RED DEVILS 28 L.C. PANTHERS 14

This will not be a problem for Halls. LC has a couple of good players in Hightower, Cusick and Johnson, but they will not be enough to cause a problem for Halls. Halls should roll up some points in this one and win by a wide margin. Good luck to both.

Yep, should be a stat game for Halls.

Let's not get carried away. Hightower is one of the best RB's in the area with already having gained over 900yds. in 7 ball games. If the devils aren't focused and are still pouting over friday, then this will be a dog fight 'til the end.

You've got to be kidding me. Since opening the season with wins over two patsies, Lenoir City has given up 45, 47, 45 again, and 34 points in losses, and won over Clinton. Halls isn't 5-2 by accident. They will roll this week, too.

HTV and Sneaky, I think you are both right. I don't think Halls will ever overlook a team. If they let Lenoir City hang around, it is because they lost faith in themselves. They are a better team this year. Not because of better players, but because of believing in themselves and their coach.

Halls kids have grown up in the youth leagues learning that they can play with anybody but also that anybody can beat them if they give up to many big plays. Speed is almost always the issue that causes this.

The loss last week was due to line play in the first 3 quarters and mental mistakes. That is what makes it harder to take. I am sure that the coaches will get those things addressed.

If I know coach J., Lenoir City better get ready for a mad Halls team.

The loss last week was due to line play in the first 3 quarters and mental mistakes. That is what makes it harder to take. I am sure that the coaches will get those things addressed.

I have to take exception to that statement. Halls lost because they had 6 yards rushing in the first half and only 21 for the game when they came in averaging about 180 per contest. Powell's defense had something do to with the loss. You have to be able to run the football to win in 3-4A, and especially on a night like it was Friday when the wet field dictated that whoever controlled the line of scrimmage would more than likely win the game.

You can talk about mental mistakes all night long being the difference, but Powell made them, too. The Panthers had 3 possessions inside the Halls 10 that came away with no points. Penalties, and lack of execution hurt Powell every bit as much as mental misakes hurt Halls.

That said, I am very impressed with where Coach Julian has his team. They are a good football team.

I have to take exception to that statement. Halls lost because they had 6 yards rushing in the first half and only 21 for the game when they came in averaging about 180 per contest. Powell's defense had something do to with the loss. You have to be able to run the football to win in 3-4A, and especially on a night like it was Friday when the wet field dictated that whoever controlled the line of scrimmage would more than likely win the game.

You can talk about mental mistakes all night long being the difference, but Powell made them, too. The Panthers had 3 possessions inside the Halls 10 that came away with no points. Penalties, and lack of execution hurt Powell every bit as much as mental misakes hurt Halls.

That said, I am very impressed with where Coach Julian has his team. They are a good football team.

HTV, I don't think my comments disagree with yours. I think the lack of rushing was due to line play as was Powell's success in rushing.

And penalties were just one type of mental mistake I was mentioning. The punters mistakes were mental I believe as well. If you take a conservative average of O'Conner's punts of 35 yards plus the fact he was 15 yards deep receiving the snap, those two miscues cost the Red Devils 100 yards.

I wouldn't take anything away from Powell. They controlled the line for 3 quarters and earned the win. I was just commenting on what Halls needed to do to get better.

HTV, I don't think my comments disagree with yours. I think the lack of rushing was due to line play as was Powell's success in rushing.

And penalties were just one type of mental mistake I was mentioning. The punters mistakes were mental I believe as well. If you take a conservative average of O'Conner's punts of 35 yards plus the fact he was 15 yards deep receiving the snap, those two miscues cost the Red Devils 100 yards.

I wouldn't take anything away from Powell. They controlled the line for 3 quarters and earned the win. I was just commenting on what Halls needed to do to get better.

Fair enough. No problem.

Red Devil no he didn't miss the catch or the field goal but first of all a field goal doesn't matter in a 18 to 14 game you do the math! to be a fellow UGA fan ur not very smart! when it came down to the end of the game shephard choked! Halls rolls on senior night big! And sry to my fans that have been missing me posting on here ive been a lil busy!

Halls 45

LC 10