Top 5 Teams In All Of 2a

free4only1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt matter who Alcoa has played, they won last year, they have all of their starters back, unless any of the other teams have all of their starters back, its no contest. Look at the scores of their games, they killed 3 time defending 3A state champs Fulton, all of their other games were over in the first half. Maryville would beat anyone in 2A by 20 or more

Alcoa's opponents this season:

Hopkinsville (KY): overall record is 5-3

Maryville: overall record is 8-0 (this was Alcoa's loss which was by 20-points)*

CAK: overall record 5-3

Fulton: overall record 5-3

Loudon: overall record 7-1

McCallie: overall record 6-2

Rockwood: overall record 4-4

Sweetwater: overall record 4-4

Wartburg: overall record 0-8 (THIS IS WHY ALCOA IS BEHIND HUNTINGDON)

Huntingdon's opponents this season:

Camden: overall record 6-2

Westview: overall record 7-1 (this was Huntingdon's loss which was by just 3-pts.)

Liberty: overall record 5-3

McKenzie: overall record 5-3

Peabody: overall record 5-3

Milan: overall record 7-1

Gibson Co.: overall record 4-4

Dresden: overall record 2-6 (THERE RECORD IS BETTER THAN 0-8 WARTBURG'S)

Alcoa lost to 8-0 Maryville by 20

Huntingdon lost to 7-1 Westview by 3

Alcoa beat 7-1 Loudon by 28

Huntingdon beat 7-1 Milan by 3

Alcoa beat 6-2 McCallie by 10

Huntingdon beat 6-2 Camden by 19

NOTE: Alcoa will jump Huntingdon at the end of the season. WHY??? Alcoa's current combined record of their opponents is 44-28, while Huntingdon's is 41-23. HOWEVER, Alcoa finishes their schedule with 5-3 Oliver Springs and Huntingdon's remaining opponents combined record is just 4-12 (that is USJ & Humboldt who are both 2-6 overall).

Before I end this post I do know that you are gonna argue why am I comparing Westview to Maryville and Camden to McCallie. THAT IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION!!! The answer is that the COMPUTER has no clue as to whether 6-2 McCallie is any different than 6-2 Camden and 7-1 Westview is just one game different than 8-0 Maryville. All the computer knows is that Huntingdon beat their 6-2 opponent by a greater margain and that Huntingdon did not get pounded by 20-points to a team that it has no idea how good they truly are.

I hope that this information was helpful to your question :D

7-2a football just has better teams than the east and there is no argueing that point. It is a fact for this year. Alcoa could not have made it in 7-2a this year!!!

You will probably see Milan and Westveiw in the second week of playoffs and you will see a different Milan team then. Milan will then play Huntington and you will see the game of the year and Milan Comes out on top.

Amen brother!!! I think the east tn teams are not taking the west tn team for real. And some people are just looking at the W and L. The W and L don't matter in west tennessee in the play offs, we put different faces and go out with our iron fist.

You will probably see Milan and Westveiw in the second week of playoffs and you will see a different Milan team then. Milan will then play Huntington and you will see the game of the year and Milan Comes out on top.

yall are over looking carver i hope huntingdon dont or you will not see huntingdon in the third round :rolleyes:

7-2a football just has better teams than the east and there is no argueing that point. It is a fact for this year. Alcoa could not have made it in 7-2a this year!!!

So...how many of last year's state champions did Milan play this season? How many private school power houses did Milan play? How many out of state games did Milan play this year? I'm frankly surprised that Alcoa only lost 1 game, I thought they would lose 2 or 3 considering they pretty much played the best teams across the state. Maryville is just plain old better than Alcoa, but if you think Milan is better than Maryville you're nuts. Alcoa has played a MUCH more difficult schedule than anyone in region 7.

The actual 2A region 7 is better than 2A region 2, i'll give you that. But...Milan has NOT played a tougher schedule -- it's not even close.

So...how many of last year's state champions did Milan play this season? How many private school power houses did Milan play? How many out of state games did Milan play this year? I'm frankly surprised that Alcoa only lost 1 game, I thought they would lose 2 or 3 considering they pretty much played the best teams across the state. Maryville is just plain old better than Alcoa, but if you think Milan is better than Maryville you're nuts. Alcoa has played a MUCH more difficult schedule than anyone in region 7.

The actual 2A region 7 is better than 2A region 2, i'll give you that. But...Milan has NOT played a tougher schedule -- it's not even close.

I don't know who's played the tougher schedule. Neither of us do. I looked at all your posts and they are all from East Tennessee and im guessing you have not been to West Tennessee this season to see football. There are 3 teams in 7-2A that are playing some DEFENSE. Not to say that Alcoa isnt either. And not to say Carver isnt a good team. This is what the playoff's are for. We'll know in a couple weeks....