Macon Co. Vs Greenbier

tiger_fan1111

Great hard fought game by both teams. This game was a lot of fun to watch and I was very proud of the sportsmanship displayed by both teams. Macon County was a gracious host. I left the game already knowing what I did when I got there.... Macon County has a good football team and Dallas is a great back. I wish them the best of luck next week and we will be pulling for you in the playoffs.

Congratulations to the Bobcats once again. You control your own destiny.

NoDoubt....my head about popped of my shoulders on the "inadvertent whistle". That was an embarrassment to the officiating crew. Not only did it take away a GB TD....it gave Macon an extra down. I'm just glad it didn't have an impact on the final outcome.

Time to rest up....and get ready for the big showdown next week.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like my prediction was just about rite...the bobcats almost beat um by 2 touchdowns which is wat i preticded. Good job Greenbrier....And the thing bout the refs...well they were on the field and you was in the stands so i think they had a better view..and yes some might have been bad but still they had a better view. But anyway good job bobcats and good luck tryin to get there next year macon :ph34r:

The Bobcats had some size and speed, but MCHS made a terrific showing. I am not sure about the refs: very poorly officiated game. These guys need to take a refresher course in "Ref 101". The clock messed up, the refs couldn't keep up with the downs and I was uncertain about some of the calls made on both teams. Good game though for both teams!!

Way to go Cats! It was another fun Friday night of football. Enjoy the win this weekend and get ready to prepare for WH. I was really surprised what a good team MC had. They played hard, their running back was excellent, and their crowd was really behind the team. Cats, as you get ready for next week, keep doing what you've been doing all season long. You have surprised everyone all year. Stay focused on the next game and believe YOU can win. I believe this is the year the streak ends. GO CATS!

congrats to greenbriar on a well played game, good luck on the rest of the season. the difference in the game was basically 2 big plays. macon fought hard, and i personally was impressed with the willingness macon had to put the ball in the air . i mean seriously, we've went season's where we didn't throw 32 times! but where was the running game, even though greenbriar did an excellent job containing the ground game it seemed macon abandoned ship alittle quick on the running game. which brings me to asking where did dallas dissappear to during the second half? someone said he had tweaked his ankle or something but i would hope that he would have the heart to stink it up if at all possible. so i am assuming he was really badly hurt cause surely he didn't just quit on his team, so lets hope its not serious enough to end his season.

good luck to both teams for the rest of the season

Gr

NoDoubt....my head about popped of my shoulders on the "inadvertent whistle". That was an embarrassment to the officiating crew. Not only did it take away a GB TD....it gave Macon an extra down. I'm just glad it didn't have an impact on the final outcome.

When you have the inadvertent whistle, the play is blown dead and you just start over. You're right..... For a ref to just have to say, "Oops! Sorry. I didn't mean to blow it dead and take away your touchdown but I did. Oh well, let's just line up and give that down another try." Sad

This was the 3rd time that I've seen this happen in a game to the 04/05 Greenbrier classes dating back to the Jr. Pro/Middle School years and each time it took a TD away.

I also didn't like the way that the ref allowed the down marker to spot the ball each time. I good ref will come over, plant his heel, and tell you to mark it on his spot. This ref seldom came within 10 yards of the sideline and just allowed the guy to eyeball it and make his own decision. This is not to say that the guy from Macon wasn't doing it as he should but the ref shouldn't put an individual from the home school in this position. Anyone that's ever worked a "chain gang" will know how hard it can be to get the correct spot from across the field. It's the refs call, not the volunteer on the chain gang.

congrats to greenbriar on a well played game, good luck on the rest of the season. the difference in the game was basically 2 big plays. macon fought hard, and i personally was impressed with the willingness macon had to put the ball in the air . i mean seriously, we've went season's where we didn't throw 32 times! but where was the running game, even though greenbriar did an excellent job containing the ground game it seemed macon abandoned ship alittle quick on the running game. which brings me to asking where did dallas dissappear to during the second half? someone said he had tweaked his ankle or something but i would hope that he would have the heart to stink it up if at all possible. so i am assuming he was really badly hurt cause surely he didn't just quit on his team, so lets hope its not serious enough to end his season.

good luck to both teams for the rest of the season

#29 Dallas hurt his knee. I don't know if it was a bruise or a sprain. They had it wrapped in ice. How bad it is,Idon't know. #59 Pedigo hurt his ankle, again, I don't know how bad he is hurt. Both of these injuries hurt the Tigers, but it's a team sport and that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Well it looks like my prediction was just about rite...the bobcats almost beat um by 2 touchdowns which is wat i preticded. Good job Greenbrier....And the thing bout the refs...well they were on the field and you was in the stands so i think they had a better view..and yes some might have been bad but still they had a better view. But anyway good job bobcats and good luck tryin to get there next year macon :thumb:

Yeah, but when you're in line with players, sometimes you can't see what fans can see from a higher perch. And if you had your eyes on the field, anyone could see that lateral that they took away after we got the TD ;) I've never seen a game so mixed up in my life; I would think the refs would have been a little bit more knowledgable than they were. The clock went backwards at least once, and I've never seen a play that had 5 downs before, til last night. Even Macon County fans had to see that.

But regardless, this was a great game. Macon County had me concerned there for a few minutes because Dallas is a great back. Macon County's passing game was good , although the Cats gave them a little too much cushion. Kyle Herndon's interception nailed the coffin shut. Troy is a BULL as someone said. His legs don't stop and he keeps churning. Justin was greased lightning once agaiin. The D line stepped up and did a fantastic job, as well as the whole team. Great job to the Greenbrier coaches. You continue to work the magic!

Greenbrier team, just keep doing what you do. Have confidence in yourselves and your abilities. Have good practices all week and end next Friday night with a Big Green EXCLAMINATION POINT!!!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Just to comment on the post about Dallas giving up ship that isn't true. The accident he was in banged him up pretty good and I am sure he was in pain the whole time but just didn't show it. We still have A1 players that can back up the whole team. Dallas broke the school record with his rushes so I say Dallas did a gr8 job and with plenty of heart cause I know he was in pain. The team has already exceeded expectations for this season. About a month ago most people already had given up on our guys but they never gave up and finally came together as a team. Congrats to Greenbrier you should go very far into the playoffs. Not to take away from Dallas cause he is aboslutley awesome but if for some reason he was not going to be able to play the rest of this out (which I am sure he plans on playing)I promise you there are quiet a few key players stashed back just waiting to show what they got too. So to say well there is next year no it is this year not next year and they are going to focus on now. Good luck boys you got lots and lots of fans behind you ;)

And the thing bout the refs...well they were on the field and you was in the stands so i think they had a better view..and yes some might have been bad but still they had a better view. ;)

I agree with the statement you make but yoooou were not there and didn't see the play. 4 of the five refs all saw the pass as a latteral incomplete which is a fumble. the ball was returned for a TD for Greenbrier. One of the five refs blew the pass as incomplete...He was awful all night for both teams. this makes it an inadvertent whistle...re-play the down