State Tournament Schedule

TheGreatLineJudge

Our friends at TSSAA have changed us back to a Wednesday through Friday schedule. I sincerely hope this year is better than last as far as the way things are handled.

http://www.tssaa.org/2005Champions/StateVo...ll/schedule.htm

Friday, Session 4

Semi-Finals @ MTSU (2 Courts)

Division II - 9:00 A.M.

Class A-AA - 10:30 A.M.

Class AAA - 12:00 P.M.

Finals @ MTSU

Division II - 1:30 P.M.

Class A-AA - 3:00 P.M.

Class AAA - 4:30 P.M.

Oh how I hope that the finals will be on the full court.

I think they're being ambitious with the published "start" times. For there to be only 1 1/2 hours between match start times, the matches would have to be a quick 3. Rarely do quick 3s come about at state, and the only way this schedule will be followed is with quick 3 game matches. That's no fun and it won't happen.

My crazy thoughts are to extend the tournament a day. Allow plenty of time between semis so that matches do start on time. Put maybe 2 1/2 hours between matches, which would provide for the inevitable long dogfights that are the semi-finals and start a bit later. 10:30 am, 1 pm, 3:30 pm as potential match times. The final day would consist of finals only- 11 am, 1:30 pm, and 4 pm for finals.

My two cents.

I think they're being ambitious with the published "start" times. For there to be only 1 1/2 hours between match start times, the matches would have to be a quick 3. Rarely do quick 3s come about at state, and the only way this schedule will be followed is with quick 3 game matches. That's no fun and it won't happen.

That's nothing--I've been to one where they only allowed 1¼ hours per match, and that with five sets and sideout scoring!

Announcements