Jv Football Championship Game Northwest Vs Rossview

Who do u think will come out on top ? B) Personally i think the Northwest JV will demolish the Rossview JV. Since they already lost to the Hawks I think they will come out fired up and ready to play. I am a big fan of Northwest and enjoy seeing them play. Even though they aren't doing so Hot this Year I'm glad to see the young guys do good and maybe this is a sign of good things in Northwest's future of High School football. B)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game will come down to two quarters, the first and the forth. The team that gets up early may continue momentum, but the last game northwest was up 13-0 but a safety, block punt, and in the forth quarter reverse sealed the win for rossview and the game ended 16-13 rossview. They are talented but it comes down to the 4th quarter in this one.

Amazing you have a winning season mac and now you are the big man. Last season you were in the same spot and almost won the championship and lost to who, well, rossview. They seem to have a future brewing over there and this championship means the world to the futures of teams. It showcases the future talent in our city, so we care and many others do to. Be thankfull that fumble went your way, or you would be in this position. You cannot deny the facts, so enjoy your season as we will support you and by the way, if we win friday night you get a share of the region championship, so you better care!

By the way Chris, we won last years championship in JV and was 2nd the year before! Also, you are putting the horse before the cart is even built! You got to beat your first round opponent to get there, right? And to be a team that gets to the playoffs, you have to have a little luck along the way! All i am stating is that nobody writes about JV stuff is all! While it is true they have something brewing over there, winning a JV championship doesnt always EQUATE to wins on the varsity! This being said, i think if we had been in 4A the past 4 years with 1100 in our building, and not 5A competing against teams with 5 to 1000 more kids, we could have competed instead we were 0-10, 1-9, 1-9... But playing those teams has made us a better overall team. So that is my take on things! ANd yes we are winning, but that is through a lot of hard work and PERSEVERANCE!!! Good luck friday night against beech! AND I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT I WAS THE BIG MAN! I am who I am, and I dont and never have touted our JV championship!

Who do u think will come out on top ? :thumb: Personally i think the Northwest JV will demolish the Rossview JV. Since they already lost to the Hawks I think they will come out fired up and ready to play. I am a big fan of Northwest and enjoy seeing them play. Even though they aren't doing so Hot this Year I'm glad to see the young guys do good and maybe this is a sign of good things in Northwest's future of High School football. :D

I didnt know they had a JV chapionship game. Will somone fill me in? :thumb:

Mac I respect you and enjoy talking to you. And the way the JV is created, it is very important to win. You guys won it last year with many of the boys winning this year. Tells you something, Momentum in the offseason and Belief. To get the Job done. Maybe if we put work into our future and not solely on our present this town will be successful each year. I am cheering you on this week as usual, and will be there for your home playoff game in 3 weeks. Go get them on Friday, and give me a call need some information about a team.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I feel that it is my responsibility to shed some light on the issue. The JV Championship in Montgomery Co. is simply another chance for our young players to gain some experience on their trips to the varsity level. Unfortunately for the teams involved in this years championship, "winning a JV championship doesn't always EQUATE to wins on the varsity!". I hope both teams will use this opportunity to Coach their teams to a better level of football prowess. However, in recent weeks I have trouble believing Viking Country will be able to produce.

I disagree, it builds momentum, and this championship of the JV level will send great athletes to the Varsity level. Every successful team that competes has a good lower level. Granted, it is only JV to many, but to the coaches involved in the game feel as if this is a great opportunity. I bet Marryville, Hillsboro, and Riverdale have teams participating in the JV and Freshmen levels and find success. Maybe a little more attention needs to be placed on these athletes. However, as I have heard for years, JV is not in the paper on Saturday. Well High School Football is not in the paper on Sunday or Monday Either, this town will not find great football success until the youth of the city is taken seriously. Till then lets build another school and spread the coaching and the talent. Hopefully northwest will be able to build momentum for the next season, and win games that are coming down to the 4th quarter. That would be nice!!!

Four years ago the head coaches in Montgomery County decided that if the schools were going to have a chance to compete on the varsity level, then the jv games had to be played. Teams were trying to field freshman teams on Thursdays, Varsity on Fridays, and then jv on Mondays. JV games were being cancelled on a weekly basis and thus, the jv league was created out of necessity because the sophomores were losing valuable game experience from the 9th to the 11th grade years. The six high schools in Montgomery County and Springfield and Sycamore make up the league. We play a regular season that runs through week 8 of the varsity season. The jv playoffs consist of the top four teams from the league and the two top seeds host. The highest seed to advance to the championship hosts the game. All sophomores and freshmen are eligible, and we now allow up to three juniors that do not start on varsity.

It would be nice to get a freshmen schedule again but all numbers would have to go up. You cannot field a freshmen team with only 10 freshmen a year, but 20 freshmen and sophmores make a good JV team. Bad thing is you now only have about 30 varsity athletes if that as Juniors and Seniors. Wish we dressed 60 to 80 like some teams. Yeah, that would be nice.