What Is The Record For Most Scored/allowed In A Season?

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Let it go. These Dekalb players don't need this at this point in the season. They still have heart. More than some.

Coacht, could you remove this post?? This is just plain uncalled for.

Hey I mean no harm by asking this simple question. My sophomore year at Sycamore had to make the all-time top five for total points allowed in a single season. We almost beat Mont. Cent. but they scored 28 in that game. We gave up over 30 to Hickman Co. We did improve and among the list of teams we beat my senior year was your WH Blue Devils, who that season lost in the quarterfinals to Hillsboro. Sycamore was a quarterfinalist that year as well.

Last year's Harpeth team is also on the list. Their season low for points allowed was 22 against Loretto. They scored a total of 57-points in '04 and allowed a whopping 380.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton gave up a measly 65 points in regular season in the late 80's. Sounds pretty decent, right. 21 of those came in the first game against Johnson County, so that's 44 points in 9 games. Sounds even better, right. First game in playoffs, Gatlinburg-Pittman throws up 34.(oh yeah, we lost) But our defense was pretty good i'd say. Not many teams can boast those type #'s, except for the 34 in playoffs.

West Greene has given up 381 points, with high scoring Cumberland Gap & South Greene still left to face.

They could easily hit 550 this season.

South Greene went easy on their cross-county cousins. 57-0

That gives West Greene 438 given up, with only Cumberland Gap to face.

We will see a lot of reserves in the 2nd half, but I still think the Panthers will have a hard time staying below 62 points to make it 500+ for the season.

I was helping coach a Monterey team in the mid to late 90's that gave up 92 points to Trousdale County in one night. The only good thing about that night was that I believe Boyd Buchanan beat sombody 96 to 3, or maybe 95 to 2, to keep us from being the team that got beat the worst that night! I think the year was 1995 or 1996. If somone finds out the specifics on these please let me know! Seriously! Thanks, Coach Delk

Tyner beat Boyd Buchanan 95-3 in 1997 in route to their state championship that year.