District 8-aa

timbdp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance we may see a freshman (Corey Elliott) suit up for the Bobcats this year?

Yeah I knew exactly which freshman you were talking about when you said that. I'm about 99% certain he will dress at the beginning of the season before football gets there and very likely see some playing time. Then he will have to compete for a spot after that. He definitely seems deserving of a spot on the varsity team (especially after playing with/against him every day during school because he plays and competes with everyone and does a good job). The only problem is there are 6 seniors, 3 juniors, and 6 sophomores on this team and all of them are just as deserving to be on the varsity team as Cory, but I just can't see coach Eidson dressing 16 players so it will definitely be tough for him. I will say though, that he is one of the best freshmen I have seen in a while. Great quickness and a great shot, good on defense and rebounding and just a pure athlete. Even if he doesn't dress this year he will definitely be one to watch in years to come.

Edited by catsbball1

cory is definetly an athlete, he kinda reminds me of roger or kenton when they were freshman. I just hope that wayne and the other freshman stick with it because in my opinion if you have a group of kids who play together through middle and highschool by the time they are seniors they can be pretty tough to beat.

Oh yeah CoachHard you forgot Rauchenberger.

I actually ran into CJ tonight and we had a nice little talk about about this years district and about what's gonna happen when GB plays GP :rolleyes: , but anyway he did say he has plans of going to Mt. Zion which is a prep school in North Carolina but that won't be til next year which will be his senior year. For now he will be a force to be reckoned with in this district this year.

And gb7272, as I said there are so many people on this GB team that will get playing time its hard to name them all. Rauschenberger should be a starter for this team this year. He has improved greatly over the last couple years and will definitely help this team.

Gomab, what are your predictions for this district, how do you think it will turn out???

Well, I'm back on the boards... Definately the biggest difference is the absense of Martin Luther King and David Lipscomb from this district. Your talking about losing the top two teams of the district last year and now having 3 and 4 compete for a spot in the region.

Prediction for this distrcit: Greenbriar, They bring alot of experience back and won't have the powerhouse teams to fight... look for them to skate into the region.

BIG BEN

Well I'm glad you think we're gonna win the district. Yeah we did put up a good fight last year and always played close with MLK and DL (except the region game against DL) and if it wasn't for those two teams we might have made it to state but you have to remember we lost a very good senior class last year. We still have a few players that saw alot of playing time last year and some that are stepping up so the experience is there, but I wouldn't say it will be a "skate" to the regions. I would definitely welcome a skate if it happens and it very well could if we play like we can but I think Goodpasture and Station Camp will put up a good fight. We do still get to play Lipscomb again this year, and its on a Saturday on their homecoming so we'll see how we would've done against them if they were still in our district. It would be nice to finally get the DL monkey off our backs and finally beat them on their homecoming. I wish we played MLK this year, Gerald Robinson is gonna be great this year!