The Collar Tackle

Mr. Polesit

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

football is about tackeling. most of the things said are true most of the time you dont try and hurt anyone but i also agree that this tec. is one that should be banned. half the distance. personal foul. because yes pepole are still going to do it so throw the fat yellow. seriously this does hurt. think about it if you are the wide rec. or the running back and you got tackeld like this and you were a senior fixing to go to college ball and you tear your ACL because of this would you think that it should be banned then? think about it

I understand what is being said but my point is that a flag is not going to deture anyone from tackling like this. They will take their penalty and line up again. Also, there are plenty of penalties being called as it is and this would be a judgement type call as to was he on the side of the ballcarrier or was he directly behind him. I dont want to see anyone injured but this is a physical sport and @#$% happens.

I just dont think it should be banned its just part of the game.

The horse collar tackle has injured many players, it is the reason Gerald Riggs broke his foot in Bama. Although it is dangerous to a player, and whos to say a normal tackle isnt, they should not ban it because it is part of the game. Every player goes into every game knowing that it could be their last. A tackle is a tackle and one shouldnt be banned over another

Sorry guys its just kinetics. The more powder, the bigger the bullet the more the damage. These guy are bigger, stronger and faster than ever and are able to inflict more damage. Human cartilidge, ligaments and bone are no stronger today than a thousand years ago but the bodies and muscle mass of todays athletes, because of training, nutrition and some genetics to boot, are just plain incredible.

I likes me some smash mouth but something like this should be seen as a positive.