Girls In Football

mtsu82

Well it's about like asking if a guy can wear a skirt (not a kilt). Girls sports were set up specifically for girls. It's called title nine. Now I think that high schools should have mens beach volleyball as a sport, but it upsets the balance of team sports that are available to boys and girls. You just need to think of the social ramifications of what you try to participate in. Girls can wear our clothes and look good and be accepted, but it just doesn't work well the other way around. At South Side in Jackson they have a guy on the flag corps. Now if he acted masculine and worked solely with a rifle I think it would be a little better, but he looks like a three dollar bill if you know what I mean. Guys should not try to buck the system on this issue in sports. If a girl is man enough to compete with guys then bring it on (just hope she don't make you look silly). But, if the best you can do as a male is compete with women, then stay at home with your counted cross stitching and chess/latin club.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also depends on the coach. Some coachs would push you harder than a guy, even though the regular football practices and workouts are super hard. Some coachs just might not want a girl on his team. To me i know some coachs that would not even think about having a girl on the team cause they are old school and thats fine. It is really upto the coach if they will allow a girl on the team.

I highly doubt it, but I think if girls can play football, then guys should play volleyball. I think if someone wanted to start a guy's volleyball team, you'd probably have to go through with TSSAA, and there would have to be enough teams in the state to be able to compete with each other and stuff like that. I'm not exactly sure that that's what needs to happen in order for a guy's volleyball team to be established, but I'm pretty sure. Good thinking booya23! :thumb:

If so, i would play and i would absolutely destroy everyone!

The first girl to ever score in a TSSAA football game was a place kicker from Notre Dame H.S. in Chattanooga several years ago.

I don't remember her name, but it was big news for several weeks acrooss the state. She didn't make it on her first few trys, so the anticipation grew every week.

If girls start in the K-2 program and develop the skills, knowledge, heart, and desire to play football, then more power to them.

If a high school age girl just wants to try it as a novelty, she will find that it's not all fun and games. Bruises, lost teeth, broken fingers, and sprains occur daily. Everyone plays with pain somewhere at some time.

If you don't like to taste your own blood, then tackling will not be as fun as you might think. Getting hit hurts as much as it appears.

Try putting on a helmet and pads, and hitting a big tree in your yard. If the tree wins on day 1, try another sport. If you are still trying to move that tree after 2 weeks, you just might be a football player.

Place kicking is probably the best way for a girl to compete in football.

Boys usually have stronger legs, but a girl can develop accuracy just as well as a boy. Practice, practice, practice, practice some more, and then go show the coach what you can do with a pointed ball.

Place kicking is not a 1 person job. The holder and long snapper will also have to want you to succeed, so make sure you don't go in with an attitude toward your teammates, or they will see to your failure.

Edited by The Sports Guy

Houston county has a girl on their team and she played a lot

what position did she play? i mean i know it will be togh being a girl on a football team but i want to prove people wrong and i can take gettin tackled i get body slammed in soccer all the time and i know its totally different but i want to prove a point cuz girls can be just as good as guys maybe better at somethings..not bein sexist...but ya know...girls have the right to play anything...and the reason guys cant play volleyball or softball is because its a girls sport...its specifically called girls softball and girls softball...

what position did she play? i mean i know it will be togh being a girl on a football team but i want to prove people wrong and i can take gettin tackled i get body slammed in soccer all the time and i know its totally different but i want to prove a point cuz girls can be just as good as guys maybe better at somethings..not bein sexist...but ya know...girls have the right to play anything...and the reason guys cant play volleyball or softball is because its a girls sport...its specifically called girls softball and girls softball...

she was on punt or punt return and played some defense i think either a linebacker or a dt.

if a girl was to be on a team...do you think they would let her play in the games? or just be on the bench...b/c i really am seriously considering doing it i just need some assurance

If your serious, don't watch the TD's and the celebrations. Watch the injuries and what goes into an injury, both during a game and after the follwoing week. Think about the whole picture and not just the romantic parts.

If you're down with the pain, becuase their will be pain, then you'd probably be ok. How fast are you and do you feel as if you would be big enough? Size and speed are everything these days and would be more so for a female.

I wouldn't discourage you...I think it's cool. Pick your position carefully based on your tolerance for pain though.