District 9a

vanbureneagle

Hey Van Buren Co., as for yall having always had to travel, good for you. Big deal. Your school is up in the middle of nowhere, I am sure that some of you call it traveling to get to Wal-Mart. The schools from the other district has not had that problem. So please forgive some of us if we dont feel you guys pain. I think that Cascade's longest trip last year was to Huntland, and I am pretty sure that was one of if not the longest trip for Eagleville, Forrest, and Community as well. I am sure Van Buren Co. will be very hospitable for everyone and maybe the folks who go over there can join hands with ya'll and sing Koom-By-Ya . :rolleyes:

Good point. I've heard Wartrace was really a booming metropolis :rolleyes:

And no we won't sing Koom-By-Ya but we will sing "go start the bus" after taking you out to the woodshed for a good ole fashioned butt whoopin.

Edited by vanbureneagle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. I've heard Wartrace was really a booming metropolis :rolleyes:

And no we won't sing Koom-By-Ya but we will sing "go start the bus" after taking you out to the woodshed for a good ole fashioned butt whoopin.

May I ask did you get that chant from us? Because nobody started doing it until we did......By the way are you going to watch the middle school play tonight? I'll be making the trip across the mountain to watch......

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

May I ask did you get that chant from us? Because nobody started doing it until we did......By the way are you going to watch the middle school play tonight? I'll be making the trip across the mountain to watch......

No, I'm pretty sure that chant started before either of us... don't think spencer or pikeville can take the credit for that one.

And, yeah, I will be watching tonight (my first one of the year). But I hear we REALLY struggled against dunlap. I think we only have 1 eighth grader so don't expect much. You guys should take care of business tonight. Our girls are good though, I think. :rolleyes:

Edited by vanbureneagle

No, I'm pretty sure that chant started before either of us... don't think spencer or pikeville can take the credit for that one.

And, yeah, I will be watching tonight (my first one of the year). But I hear we REALLY struggled against dunlap. I think we only have 1 eighth grader so don't expect much. You guys should take care of business tonight. Our girls are good though, I think. :rolleyes:

Our girls arn't to good either.....Even though I think we beat Sequatchie pretty bad in a scrimmage but thats just a scrimmage and didn't mean nothing.....

van buren girls beat sequatchie girls 45-20

Sequatchie boys beat van buren boys 64-13

Bledsoe County Girls beat Van buren Girls 33-29

Bledsoe Boys beat Van Buren boys 46-17.....The score could have been a whole lot worst but the coach took the starters out with 4:00 minutes left in 4th quarter and put in the 3rd string I guess you'd say.....

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

When people start complaining about having to travel too far to a basketball game and think all games should be played in their home gym the next thing is they will want the all refs and scorekeepers to be from their hometown. And being "out in the middle of nowhere" is not so bad. It is harder to hear all the "whining" that way.

What did you think about the game last night bledsoe? You guys obviously were older and outmanned us a little, but I was excited to see how well our 6th & 7th graders were coming along. Fundamentally, I thought we were just as good, just too young. Our defense (man to man) which some are scared to play in middle school looked pretty good, & when our kids got open they knocked down shots. We were just overmatched physically though. Your coach seemed to be doing a good job over there too. You guys like him?

What did you think about the game last night bledsoe? You guys obviously were older and outmanned us a little, but I was excited to see how well our 6th & 7th graders were coming along. Fundamentally, I thought we were just as good, just too young. Our defense (man to man) which some are scared to play in middle school looked pretty good, & when our kids got open they knocked down shots. We were just overmatched physically though. Your coach seemed to be doing a good job over there too. You guys like him?

What Coach are you talking about? Girls or Boys?

When people start complaining about having to travel too far to a basketball game and think all games should be played in their home gym the next thing is they will want the all refs and scorekeepers to be from their hometown. And being "out in the middle of nowhere" is not so bad. It is harder to hear all the "whining" that way.

Hey I dont know about the refs up there, but any refs that I have ever seen, from the hometown or not, arent very good. So NO thats is not an issue for anyone except yall I guess.

As for your "whining", no one is whining over here, just wish that other schools would have stood up for their own communities. No reason to whine about it, just really wishing that someone from those other schools would attempt to explain why they are looking forward to traveling that far. Thats all.

And who cares about Wartrace, I dont. You must think that I am w/ Cascade, for Cascade, or something... I am NOT. I just liked watching the old district. So why are you bringing up Wartrace, but the last time I was out there it only took about 15 min. to get there from Wal-Mart.