District 3aaa

CentralBaseball09

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think Lee Smith was playing this year because of signing with UT for football. If he does play it should be an all out battle between Clinton, Oak Ridge, Halls, and Powell. Clinton has probably the top guard duo in the east. Oak Ridge has an all around balanced team, but lost quite a bit to graduation last year in loosing Goeringer-shooter but can be replaced by Domsic and Younkin, Daniels-Mulholland, they dont have a player that can come in and replace his strong power and post dominance on the boards and just being able to power it in. And Aaron White an all around player but will be replaced by Dowdell this year. Halls was a good team last year and should be a good team this year too w/ Sharp becoming a Junior and having a year of experience under his belt and they only lost Cody May to graduation and i think Lucas isnt playing this year because of baseball so they shoudl still be a contender. Powell lost some to graduation by loosing Ben Ward, Andrew Roach, and #5. Hargis will be alot better this year because he has a full year of playing varsity ball under his belt and if Smith is playing they will probably have the best inside - outside duo in the district. West could be a contender in this one also but i dont know much about them I know they have a good player in Lateef Michael but i dont think the rest of their team is that good. But, West got a new player this year in Steve Pearl and i think we all know he will be good and help West out but i dont think any of us know how good he will be. My prediction for the regular season district title is:

1. Clinton

2. Halls

3. Oak Ridge

4. Powell

5. West

6. Karns

7. Central

8. Campbell Co.

Oak Ridge, Powell, Halls and Clinton fighting for the regional positions. West could be a dark horse to slip in.

I think West might be more than a darkhorse. Lateef Michael and Steve Pearl are arguably two of the best players in the district. Both are at least 6/4 and strong. McGrew is a scorer who plays tenacious defense, and the European kid that played for AE is said to have grown into a 6/5 point guard. How true all this is will be seen when the season starts, but there is a lot of talk coming out of West....

Oak Ridge is loaded with talent and should be the team to beat, but they are still young...Clinton has Dye and Dixon and some nice complementary players.... Powell has a nice trio with Smith, Connor, and Hargis.....Halls has Sharp and Cantrell, but a replacement for Cody May is imperative to their success...

I dont know how much of a factor he will be but they got a freshmen named Jamie Wilson. He also plays varisty football for Central. He was the leading scorer on a dominant middle school team that one the championship. He played at Northwest with 2 of the top 2 freshmen according to www.unapproved website.com. Their names are James Gallman and Jordan Rorex. Should help the point guard position out.

I dont know how much of a factor he will be but they got a freshmen named Jamie Wilson. He also plays varisty football for Central. He was the leading scorer on a dominant middle school team that one the championship. He played at Northwest with 2 of the top 2 freshmen according to www.unapproved website.com. Their names are James Gallman and Jordan Rorex. Should help the point guard position out.

I think that Jamie is on that list too, but he's listed as Wester instead of Wilson..

I think West might be more than a darkhorse. Lateef Michael and Steve Pearl are arguably two of the best players in the district. Both are at least 6/4 and strong. McGrew is a scorer who plays tenacious defense, and the European kid that played for AE is said to have grown into a 6/5 point guard. How true all this is will be seen when the season starts, but there is a lot of talk coming out of West....

Oak Ridge is loaded with talent and should be the team to beat, but they are still young...Clinton has Dye and Dixon and some nice complementary players.... Powell has a nice trio with Smith, Connor, and Hargis.....Halls has Sharp and Cantrell, but a replacement for Cody May is imperative to their success...

Is Lateef ready to put it all together? When he plays hard he's hard to stop.