Winner In District 16a

lilyo865

This district has two teams that are without a question state championship contenders. But i think Middle College is the best. This team is lead by 13 Daren Currie who won district mvp lat year and would have won region mvp if not for the loss to lake county. He has size and strength to help him out in Romeo Lucchesi, Jeremy Williams, and Steven Johnson. He also has pretty smart guards in Jamelle Owens and James Buntyn. You better be ready because the Coach of the year Coach Starks will have his troops ready to play. These kids are seniors and they have experience and are ready for the big games. Trust me he will have some surprise players. He always does.

Edited by lilyo865

This district has two teams that are without a question state championship contenders. But i think Middle College is the best. This team is lead by 13 Daren Currie who won district mvp lat year and would have won region mvp if not for the loss to lake county. He has size and strength to help him out in Romeo Lucchesi, Jeremy Williams, and Steven Johnson. He also has pretty smart guards in Jamelle Owens and James Buntyn. You better be ready because the Coach of the year Coach Starks will have his troops ready to play. These kids are seniors and they have experience and are ready for the big games. Trust me he will have some surprise players. He always does.

I agree with you Lilyo..Middle should have the talent to make a run at the state..I'm from Lake Co and enjoyed all our games against each other..It's a shame we're not in the same district anymore but at least we still play each other..Lake has all their starters back from last year except for the Mays boys,but Jamarr wasn't playing much until the end of the season and Leshon was on the bench more at the end of the season..After the tough loss to Lake Co in the tournaments,Middle cheerleaders and fans came to the Lake Co side and you would have thought they were from Lake Co..The gym was really loud..Class act on the part of Middle College..I look forward to talking to Dirtyred from Middle .. I will be pulling for you guys and hopefully we will both be able to make it to State..We have our hands full with Union City,Halls,and Humbolt etc...You guys have Middleton now...I believe you guys will have the most talent in your district though..Good luck this year..I'll be watching how yall do this year and be rooting for you and Halls both except when we play each other

I agree with you Lilyo..Middle should have the talent to make a run at the state..I'm from Lake Co and enjoyed all our games against each other..It's a shame we're not in the same district anymore but at least we still play each other..Lake has all their starters back from last year except for the Mays boys,but Jamarr wasn't playing much until the end of the season and Leshon was on the bench more at the end of the season..After the tough loss to Lake Co in the tournaments,Middle cheerleaders and fans came to the Lake Co side and you would have thought they were from Lake Co..The gym was really loud..Class act on the part of Middle College..I look forward to talking to Dirtyred from Middle .. I will be pulling for you guys and hopefully we will both be able to make it to State..We have our hands full with Union City,Halls,and Humbolt etc...You guys have Middleton now...I believe you guys will have the most talent in your district though..Good luck this year..I'll be watching how yall do this year and be rooting for you and Halls both except when we play each other

Did Jamar & Leshon graduate?

Did Jamar & Leshon graduate?

Both of them graduated but Tony Tyler and Warlick are both back at the guard spots...Papa Clay will probably be the center,back up by big Kevin Copeland ,about 240 lbs and can really move...forward spots should be be between Andrew Wallace or Channen Geanes...I really look for Coach Whitby to start the best 5 athletes and if that's the case..will be Sep Valentine,Tony Tyler,Jay Warlick,Papa Clay,and either Wallace or Geanes at the other spots..I imagine he will play about 7 or 8 people the same amount and keep the pressure on...I really can't see anyone pressing Lake Co with Sep and Tony on the floor together...

Edited by mrbigster

Both of them graduated but Tony Tyler and Warlick are both back at the guard spots...Papa Clay will probably be the center,back up by big Kevin Copeland ,about 240 lbs and can really move...forward spots should be be between Andrew Wallace or Channen Geanes...I really look for Coach Whitby to start the best 5 athletes and if that's the case..will be Sep Valentine,Tony Tyler,Jay Warlick,Papa Clay,and either Wallace or Geanes at the other spots..I imagine he will play about 7 or 8 people the same amount and keep the pressure on...I really can't see anyone pressing Lake Co with Sep and Tony on the floor together...

I agree. Sep & Bay are definitely a genuine combination. I am looking forward to seeing how far LC will take it this year.