What Do Yall Think Of Riverside

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Riverside is a very good football team. Their offense is very strong. I think they need to make some adjustments on the defensive side. Their weakness is punting. I really believe we will fix our punting game before the playoffs. We have a good chance to win some playoffs games.

Good luck 6-2A!!!!!!!!

we have some good punters in practice but something always goes wrong in the games i hope they can get it together for this week and in the playoffs

i agree we have a strong offense[you cant go wrong with #6 running the ball}

i think we can win some playoff games[maybe a camden-riverside rematch]

Riverside is a very good team. Should have won their region.

Have had trouble kicking the ball. Showed up in the first game

against Lexington.

Like to see them go deep in the playoffs and beat Camden in the quarter finals.

I'm not sure about the "should have won their region part" because you've got to take care of business every week to do that... but Riverside is a very tough agressive ,physical team that has surprised alot of people except for those of us who have played them every year and have known that they are a tough ball club. Although we would like to see the Panthers make it to the quarters along with us...do we really want to play each other?? :lol::lol: ...ok what the heck lets make it a date just for the fun of it ;):thumb:

I thought riverside would have the punting figured out by now.

dont have much confidence in the coach getting it fixed before the playoffs.

he has had 2 months and it shows no improvement.

no one can say they have nobody to kick.

you just dont' have anybody who want's to put in the time and

effort.

And just how do you know how much time is put into the kicking game. How many practices have you attended? I know for a fact that Riverside practices kicking every day. Most days the kickers and punters stay after practice and kick for about 20 minutes. You know what they say about what happens when you assume.

Honestly I don't see Riverside making it out of the first round of the playoffs. However as many possibilities that Region 5 has in placements of playoff teams, it all depends on who Riverside has to play in the first round if they will win and procede. I am not trying to knock on Riverside, that is just my opinion.

Nice opinion Gerry!!!!!!! How is Fairview doing ????? I forgot you are a high school football genius.... If you know so much about high school football you would know that Riverside is one of the best coached teams in 2A.......

Riverside is a good team. They are physical, faster than some think, huge, and very well-coached. I don't think you can blame the coaches for the punting situation. I saw both of their punters booming the ball in pregame workouts before. But when they get into a game it is a different situation. You have heard the old phrase, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, " and I think it is appropriate here. I am almost 100% certain that Riverside's coaches give special teams their due attention, but they can't go on the field and do it, the players have to do it. I think that Riverside can go deep into the playoffs. Smith is an unbelievable back, Gilbert and McCormick are as good of linebackers as you will see, and the whole team plays hard for 4 quarters. But they won't be sneaking up on anyone, because this observer thinks that people that know high school football knows that Riverside is one heck of a team. Good luck to Riverside! Represent 6-2A well!

Honestly I don't see Riverside making it out of the first round of the playoffs. However as many possibilities that Region 5 has in placements of playoff teams, it all depends on who Riverside has to play in the first round if they will win and procede. I am not trying to knock on Riverside, that is just my opinion.

Gerry, this is not the Riverside of old. They are fast, are BIG and are very aggressive...the only weakness is special teams which if they get that fixed will mean they will be VERY difficult to stop come the post-season. We don't know alot about some of the leading teams in 5-2a. Could you give us a run down about which teams do what , tendancies etc...I'd just like to see how we might match up with some of them. Thanks!

Check these 5-2A Stats

This is what I come up with.

DCA

Throws 21 times a game

Runs 24 times a game (this may not be enough)

Ezel Harding

Throws 16 times a game

Runs 25 times a game

East Robertson

Throws 15 times a game

Runs 23 times

Goodpasture

Throws don't throw much (maybe 4 times)

Runs mostly maybe 25 to 30 times

CPA

Throws 13 times

Runs maybe 20 times

I know these are not accurate but it shows that each of these teams are very balanced. Goodpasture is the only team that is not balanced. Their Qb has attempted 33 passes.

Good info Ekard...you're gonna give Swamp Thing a run for the money :lol: