Who Is Omar Wattad? Is He Overrated, Or What?

aj rodriguez

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I BELIEVE CHILL AND AJ BOTH HAVE GOOD POINTS, HOWEVER HERE IS THE BIG ISSUE. IT IS VERY EASY FOR A PERSON LIKE THIS ANDRE GUY TO SAY THAT SCIENCE HILL IS NUMBER 1 AND THEIR BEST PLAYER ( I DO BELIEVE THAT OMAR IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE) IS THE BEST IN THE LEAUGE. IF YOU LIVE WEST OF MORISTOWN THAT IS A VERY EASY ASSUMPTION TO MAKE. THE TRUTH IS THIS LEAUGE WILL MOST LIKELY BE THE MOST COMPETITIVE IN THE STATE. SOME TEAMS ARE HAVING DOWN YEARS FOR THEIR NORMALLY STRONG PROGRAMS (DB FOR EXAMPLE) AND SOME TEAMS LIKE SULLIVAN CENTRAL HAVE A LARGE GROUP OF VERY TALENTED PLAYERS WHO HAVE PLAYED TOGETHER FOR YEARS. I KNOW OF SOME SCHOOLS RECIEVING SOME IMPACT TRANSFERS AS WELL IN THIS LEAUGE. SO I INVITE PEOPLE LIKE ANDRE TO ACTUALLY COME TO EAST TENNESSEE AND WATCH SOME OF THESE GAMES. THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT SCIENCE HILL WILL NOT JUST RUN AWAY WITH IT ALL. THIS ISNT YOUR DADDY'S REGION 1 DISTRICT 1 AAA ANYMORE!!!!!!

Andre lives in East TN, so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. He saw Science Hill, DB, the Sullivan's, TN High, and others in this area from smaller schools many times last year and watched many of these kids in AAU this summer....He's very aware of kids in this part of the state and drops lines to colleges about some of these kids. Let's be serious though, while this league will not be dominated by Science Hill like it usually has been in the past, and there will be more parity this year, these teams can't beat 10 teams in Memphis. The best districts are in Memphis year in and year out and will probably always be. Occasionally a team from East TN wins a game in the state tourney, but not very often....no knock on teams from this area, just props to the Memphis teams that have players like Thaddeus Young, Jeremy Williams, Branden Powell, Jay Watkins, Ernest Fields, Wes Channels, and Memhis area players like Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, and Jarvis Varnardo....all these kids are D-1 Senior signees from Memphis and their teams are incredibly talented too.......Good luck to all the teams from the Upper North East.......

Edited by chill

Listen up. Omar Wattad and the science hill hill toppers are going to run the conference 16-0. Omar will average at least 20 ppg. And he will be dropping assists left and right. Omar had an off shooting night against central. But nobody could get around him at all. He has defense that other players wish for. plus he controlled the game with his assists. Omar is hands down the best player in the conference and he will make a case for Mr. Basketball this year. He will be east tennessee's nominee. Don't hate because you country boys from central didn't put in all of the work Omar has over the summer. And don't hate because the numerous D-1 coaches love his game. If you say they don't know what their talking about...then you are just mad because nobody is watching you or your kid or your friend or whoever you think and wished could hang with Omar on the court. JUST DONT HATE!

Listen up. Omar Wattad and the science hill hill toppers are going to run the conference 16-0. Omar will average at least 20 ppg. And he will be dropping assists left and right. Omar had an off shooting night against central. But nobody could get around him at all. He has defense that other players wish for. plus he controlled the game with his assists. Omar is hands down the best player in the conference and he will make a case for Mr. Basketball this year. He will be east tennessee's nominee. Don't hate because you country boys from central didn't put in all of the work Omar has over the summer. And don't hate because the numerous D-1 coaches love his game. If you say they don't know what their talking about...then you are just mad because nobody is watching you or your kid or your friend or whoever you think and wished could hang with Omar on the court. JUST DONT HATE!

you listen up. aj is not a player for central. you dont know what the central kids did over the summer. omar might avrg. 20 per game he is a good player. i will tell you something s. hill will not go 16-0. to many good teams to play. and dont start that country crap. J.C is not very far from blountville. i was at that game monday and saw buchanan and hess scoring a lot of points. dont you hate on them.

you listen up. aj is not a player for central. you dont know what the central kids did over the summer. omar might avrg. 20 per game he is a good player. i will tell you something s. hill will not go 16-0. to many good teams to play. and dont start that country crap. J.C is not very far from blountville. i was at that game monday and saw buchanan and hess scoring a lot of points. dont you hate on them.

You keep on thinking Buchanan and Hess could touch Omar. Hess tried to take Omar off the dribble the one time Omar guarded him and Hess went baseline and got stopped. But being the selfish player that he is he tried one of his goofy pump fakes and Wattad did not bite. Then Hess still put it up and got his stuff thrown out of bounds. Wattad also shut down number 34 (the kind of strong 3 man) (is that Buchanan?) I dunno. But he had no chance with Wattad on him. And the other guard... Number 1 was pretty good but Omar never guarded him...but trust me if he did he would have shut him down too... also Omar had an off shooting nite from 3 point land. His defense was stellar and he was penetrating and dishing on that pretty tough zone at will. The zone was effective because the court was tiny. And that was the first game Omar's 3 ball had been off...the week b4 against Unicoi, they played that zone and Wattad hit at least 8 threes on it. He was pulling up and hitting whenever he wanted. All I know is this... even if Wattad is having a "bad" game...if the game is close I can just see it in his eyes. He will not let any of these teams around here beat the mighty Toppers. Don't you forget it. You over estimate all of these teams in the conference. I truly believe Central is the second most talented team in the conf. But they will not be used to playing better competition night in and night out in AAA ball rather than a weaker schedule in AA ball. The teams are better in AAA ball. There not as good as you think they are...they are just better than AA ball.

HEATPLAYA. YOU ARE VERY STUPID ABOUT BASKETBALL. FIRST THING IS OMAR PLAYED DEFENSE ON hESS ALOT MORE THAN ONCE , HE DID BLOCK HE SHOT ONCE, BIG DEAL hESS HAD ABOUT 20 POINTS. I SAID OMAR WAS A GOOD PLAYER AND S. HILL HAS AGOOD TEAM, BUT TO HEAR YOU TALK OMAR IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM. I THINK IKNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOUR THE KID THAT PLAYED ABOUT 3 OR 4MIN. AND ONLY ON THE TEAM BECAUSE YOUR DAD FEEDS THEM MONEY. WELL NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY HE GIVES THEM YOU STINK. YOU WILL PLAY J.V. AND STILL BE OVERMATCHED. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW GOOD hESS IS JUST ASK OMAR, HIM AND hESS HAVE TALKED

HEATPLAYA. YOU ARE VERY STUPID ABOUT BASKETBALL. FIRST THING IS OMAR PLAYED DEFENSE ON hESS ALOT MORE THAN ONCE , HE DID BLOCK HE SHOT ONCE, BIG DEAL hESS HAD ABOUT 20 POINTS. I SAID OMAR WAS A GOOD PLAYER AND S. HILL HAS AGOOD TEAM, BUT TO HEAR YOU TALK OMAR IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM. I THINK IKNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOUR THE KID THAT PLAYED ABOUT 3 OR 4MIN. AND ONLY ON THE TEAM BECAUSE YOUR DAD FEEDS THEM MONEY. WELL NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY HE GIVES THEM YOU STINK. YOU WILL PLAY J.V. AND STILL BE OVERMATCHED. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW GOOD hESS IS JUST ASK OMAR, HIM AND hESS HAVE TALKED

WELL TO ANYONE THAT bballfan99 HAS PUT DOWN YOU SHOULD BE PROUD! HE SEEMS TO ONLY PUT DOWN SOME OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE AREA. SO IF HE DOGS YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AMONG THE ELITE!!!

I graduated from Central a few years ago and occassionally check out these threads. I'm getting sick of Central students, who probably have never touched a basketball in their life, getting on here and downing other teams and their players. It shows no class and makes Central look bad. I also don't understand how you can talk about how good Central is, how bad they are going to beat SHHS, and how they will win the district and make it back to the state tournament. When did Central establish themselves as a basketball powerhouse in Tennessee? I'm pretty sure they haven't so quit showing your ignorance by talking trash and glorifying Central and how great they are. You guys might want to win something first or atleast more than once every sixteen years. The Hamptons, Johnson Counties, Unicois, and other small AA schools are no longer on the schedule. It won't be a cake walk to the state tournament like it was last year and should have been the two years before, but the beating there would probably be about the same.

I beacme familiar with Omar over the past summer while watching some AAU bball. He is very exciting to watch, as well as a well mannered young man. I also watched several of his future teammates on the 1st TN Stars AAU team (15&U). For their first year playing together, that team played very well. I am looking forward to watching them next summer, as well. But overall, with Omar and his surrounding cast, look out for the Hilltoppers.