Collierville Vs Tullahoma

mjuhb

Dear coachof3,

I wasn't a week late, nor was I on the wrong thread. I was responding to the post just prior to mine by BRSoccer who said they were happy to take the Region 4 title over Tullahoma.

I'm not affiliated with Siegel, but was merely congratulating them on an excellent accomplishment. You sound upset, even touchy. Perhaps you're a Tullahoma fan.

Dear peterw or TN soccer Historian

No you added arrogance to the post.

Not touchy nor a Tullahoma fan.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beech won region 5 last year white house never challenged in the district or region when they were in AAA

You miss the point...peterw was stating that because things had changed in Hendersonville's region, he didn't consider it the same region for consecutive championships. My point was that since White House is no longer in AAA Region 5 that he probably wouldn't allow this year's championship to count if the string hadn't been broken last year.

Also, Tullahoma doens't "hold" the record, they "share" it if you use that same convaluted logic.

You miss the point...peterw was stating that because things had changed in Hendersonville's region, he didn't consider it the same region for consecutive championships. My point was that since White House is no longer in AAA Region 5 that he probably wouldn't allow this year's championship to count if the string hadn't been broken last year.

Also, Tullahoma doens't "hold" the record, they "share" it if you use that same convaluted logic.

However you look at it, hat's off to Tullahoma for 7 straight appearances in the AAA State final four! Great coaching, tons of talented players with drive and heart! Congratulations!

sorry my bad i get what you are saying

Good question BigGExpress.

TSSAA unfortunately does not have a position for Tennessee Girls Soccer Historian. I suppose this title was bestowed upon me years ago when I least expected it.

Shortly before the legendary Barry Redmond passed away, he knew I cared enough about statistics and girls soccer in Tennessee to maintain all the work he had done over the years. He gave me the only existing copy of the all-time scoring list and every bracket from 1986 to the present. I've faithfully maintained those stats over the years, and I believe I have the only copies of every bracket and all 100+ goal scorers.

The TSSAA always consults me on girls soccer records, but I don't think they'll be giving me a corner office on Lebanon Pike. :thumb:

P.S. PitchFever, as far as the convoluted (I used the correct spelling) theories of mine, I think it's reasonable to consider AAA Region 5 different from the original Region 5.

If the Titans for example moved from the AFC South to the NFC South, this would not be considered the same division. Sure, they're both labeled "South", just as Region 5 was still labeled Region 5 after one division became AAA, A-AA, and Division I in soccer. But the AFC and NFC are different conferences, just as one single classification is different from AAA, hence making them different divisions or regions altogether.

Trust me, I give Hendersonville much credit for winning 10 straight titles in 2 separate regions combined. I was just pointing out a stat of a different type. The fact that Tullahoma and Hendersonville had won every region title since becoming a AAA team (until Beech stopped Hendersonville). More importantly, that Tullahoma had the longest active streak going until Siegel's impressive run this season. It's exciting to see new teams step up.

Edited by peterw

Good question BigGExpress.

TSSAA unfortunately does not have a position for Tennessee Girls Soccer Historian. I suppose this title was bestowed upon me years ago when I least expected it.

Shortly before the legendary Barry Redmond passed away, he knew I cared enough about statistics and girls soccer in Tennessee to maintain all the work he had done over the years. He gave me the only existing copy of the all-time scoring list and every bracket from 1986 to the present. I've faithfully maintained those stats over the years, and I believe I have the only copies of every bracket and all 100+ goal scorers.

The TSSAA always consults me on girls soccer records, but I don't think they'll be giving me a corner office on Lebanon Pike. :thumb:

Your a better man than I am. If it weren't for my computer stats program, I wouldn't have anything. Do you do this for the guys, too?

Barry didn't give me anything on the boys. I wish I knew their stats as well.

I met Barry at the 1994 girls soccer tournament, I started asking questions, he saw how interested I was in statistics, and the rest was history.

We almost had the girls all-time scoring list added to Eurosportscoreboard (soccerinfo at the time), but Coach McCloskey wanted to get a boys scoring list too before we made that move (just to make it equal of course). So that idea fizzled because nobody has the boys list.

I'd be interested to know if anyone out there has a girls list of 100+ goal scorers as well. Barry said he had the only list before his death, but it's possible someone else was keeping track. I believe the 20 girls I have listed covers everyone of them, but with 247 teams statewide, I suppose someone could have fallen through the cracks.

Edited by peterw

• 8 months later...