District-4 A, Region-2 A

S.O.S.HS05

• 3 weeks later...

As far as District 3 Rockwood by far is the best. And for District 4 I think their are 3 teams above the rest for now. but I do not know if they have any good young kids that might step up and help a club out so it might come down to Oneida, Coalfield. Oliver springs and Wartburg.

Have you seen Greenback's team this year? They are by far the best team in D3. They played 30+ games over the summer (most of them against AA/AAA teams) and only lost to Oliver Springs (by 3 I believe), Powell (who they beat later at CAK camp) and Walker Valley. They beat Walker Valley last Saturday at their play day by 8 or 9. I also saw Rockwood get beat by Tellico Plains on Saturday (Tellico was minus their big post player...she was in street clothes at the game). I 'm not sure what the score was but Rockwood didn't look too hot. Greenback also beat Rockwood over the summer by a big margin.

Greenback fans are very excited by this years team. This could be the best Lady Kee team in a long while. I don't want to jinxs them. Only time will tell.

Greenback and Rockwood split last year(i believe). I agree that these 2 teams are the best in that district. And yes, only time will tell. Cosby probably 3rd.

Harriman 4th.

In District 4......Oneida returns so much, I give them the nod over OS(new coach) and Coalfield(loss of Jackson). But again, only time and injuries will tell. Oakdale and Wartburg will be strong also. This is one of the toughest ditricts in the state!

Edited by hopalot

Cosby has a new coach, Dennis Payne. Former Farragut OC in Football and Girls JV/Boys freshman coach.

Coached at South Young HS in 82-83? And lost in Sub-state to Gibbs by 3.

Went back to Farragut and won the Knox County freshman title every year from 83-84 to 1989.

Was out of coaching and is now at Cosby. He'll do fine if he can get the team playing his style of ball (work the ball. Work it inside out.) instead of throwing up three's everytime down.

They probably won't best Greenback, but - I won't count them out for 2nd in D3. Tough Region, though. Way too tough.

Whats going to happen in D4 and R2? Predictions anyone?

Region 2

District: 3

Cosby

Grace Chr.

Greenback

Harriman

Knoxville Christian

Midway

Rockwood

TSD

District: 4

Coalfield

Oakdale

Oliver Springs

Oneida

Sunbright

Wartburg Central (Wartburg)

district 4-A is totally wrong it will be:

1.) Coalfield

2.) Onieda

3.) Wartburg

4.) Oliver Springs

5.) Sunbriight

6.) Oakdale

Cosby has a new coach, Dennis Payne. Former Farragut OC in Football and Girls JV/Boys freshman coach.

Coached at South Young HS in 82-83? And lost in Sub-state to Gibbs by 3.

Went back to Farragut and won the Knox County freshman title every year from 83-84 to 1989.

Was out of coaching and is now at Cosby. He'll do fine if he can get the team playing his style of ball (work the ball. Work it inside out.) instead of throwing up three's everytime down.

They probably won't best Greenback, but - I won't count them out for 2nd in D3. Tough Region, though. Way too tough.

I totally agree. I haven't seen Cosby play this year but they traditionally play tough in the district. I have seen Rockwood play several times in the off season and I wasn't impressed.

Also, I followed the hype over Oliver Springs and Clarkrange. Greenback plays OS on Saturday. We will find out early if the promising off season play will hold up in the regular season. I can assure everyone that this season's Greenback team is very balanced has some great chemisty. Greenback has six players that could start on any team in the district (all six had significant playing time last year). Four that can shoot the 3 and much improved post play especially on offense. They will be hard to stop. I agree that this is a tough region but don't count the Lady Kees out for regional honors.