District 2aa 2005-06

tigerball12

PF beat Union last night 71-61 in a hard fought game at PF. Score was tied at half 31-31, before PF went on a run in the third quarter to extend to a ten point lead. That proved to be the difference in the game. Brown led PF with 14, Woodrick 13, Gibbs 12, Cave 8, and 4 others with 6 a piece. Very balanced scoring once again for the Tigers. Good win in the district for PF.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that everyone has played a district game, we can take a look at how everyone is doing. I know it's early, but it may be easier to keep up with if we keep it updated all season.

CG 2-0 (beat Union, Claiborne)

GP 1-0 (beat Rutledge)

PF 1-0 (beat Union)

CHS 1-1 (beat Rutledge, lost to CG)

RHS 0-2 (lost to Claiborne, GP)

UC 0-2 (lost to PF, CG)

Now that everyone has played a district game, we can take a look at how everyone is doing. I know it's early, but it may be easier to keep up with if we keep it updated all season.

CG 2-0 (beat Union, Claiborne)

GP 1-0 (beat Rutledge)

PF 1-0 (beat Union)

CHS 1-1 (beat Rutledge, lost to CG)

UC 0-2 (lost to PF, CG)

Good update! It's still very early in the season, but it's starting to look more balanced than I had expected.

I'm glad that GP & PF are playing well.

Rutledge & Union Co. are not that bad either. It should get interesting by mid-February.

Rutledge over Cocke Co. 88-78. Pioneers have been thin due to injuries and defections. They appear to be getting healthy again. Should be full strength by next week except for Point Guard who quit, and even that may be positive in the long run. His repalcement Skylar McBee had 20 last night. Hudson had 25 and Horsley 28 last night.

Nicely quit???

Nicely quit???

From what I've been told it is not the first time he quit, I believe he's been given a second chance already. From what I saw I don't believe he could outplay McBee over the course of the season and he probably knew that. It only hurts them in depth right now, but maybe someone will step up.

PF lost to Greeneville Fri. 75-58. Didn't play particularly well. Greeneville has a solid team. CG beat GP in a close game at GP. Union shocks Claiborne at Union. Of course, anything can happen at Union.

CG 3-0 (beat Union, Claiborne, GP)

PF 1-0 (beat Union)

GP 1-1 (beat Rutledge; lost to CG)

UC 1-2 (beat Claiborne; lost to PF, CG)

CHS 1-2 (beat Rutledge; lost to CG, Union)

I think this is correct.

From what I've been told it is not the first time he quit, I believe he's been given a second chance already. From what I saw I don't believe he could outplay McBee over the course of the season and he probably knew that. It only hurts them in depth right now, but maybe someone will step up.

Oh I'm aware that it's not the first time he's quit. He quit after his freshman year and then begged to come back and looked like he had a complete change in attitude towards things. I really like his grit, but I guess he's decided to concentrate on baseball and try to be a repeat All-Stater. I just feel bad for him because he does offer quite a bit in the way of tenacity, but you're right on with the assessment of McBee. Skylar is going to be a stud.

• 2 weeks later...