District 2aa 2005-06

tigerball12

Or if everybody was winning they would be on here.. Wheres KevB at? if his pioneers were winning i gurantee he would be on here with his insight.. what about claiborne fans? just goes to show that nobody wants to discuss whats happening unless their team is winning.. You guys can have a good discussion no matter what happens with your favorite team. I know i hvent been on here but why post if no one else is taking any interst?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PF lost to Perry Co. Central, KY (eventual champs) by 4 in the semi's and then beat a good Beth Haven, KY team by 3 to finish 3rd in the Smoky Mountain Classic in Gatlinburg.

PF went 2-1 at the Disney tournament in Orlando. Lost the first game to eventual champions Johnstown Monroe, OH, then responded by beating Western Hills, KY by 8 and Forks, WA by 1 to finish 5th.

Overall a good Christmas for PF, 4-2, with both losses to the eventual champs of the tournaments. Next game is against Sevier Co on Fri.

I think more people will begin to talk once the district race begins.

Or if everybody was winning they would be on here.. Wheres KevB at? if his pioneers were winning i gurantee he would be on here with his insight.. what about claiborne fans? just goes to show that nobody wants to discuss whats happening unless their team is winning.. You guys can have a good discussion no matter what happens with your favorite team. I know i hvent been on here but why post if no one else is taking any interst?

My Pioneers are winning, just not in the district...I'm actually a little busy. I'm about to move to Cincinnati.

:thumb:

Updated standings, please make corrections if these are wrong.

CG 4-0 (beat Union, Claiborne, GP twice)

PF 1-0 (beat Union)

UC 2-2 (beat Claiborne, Rutledge;lost to PF, CG)

CHS 1-2 (beat Rutledge; lost to CG, Union)

GP 1-2 (beat Rutledge; lost to CG twice)

RHS 0-3 (lost to Claiborne, GP, Union)

Still early, but district competition is about to heat up.

Well, the first half of district play is in the books, with Cumberland Gap leading the way with 5 wins. It's a bit misleading, since they have already finished with Gatlinburg-Pittman, and have not faced Pigeon Forge yet.

I'm looking forward to the Claiborne vs Cumberland Gap rematch on Friday night. The first one was a close one to the finish, with the Panthers finally pushing it to 6 points at the end.

Tyler Brim, Chris Warren, Clay Bisceglia, & Taylor Lowe have really pushed their game up a notch this season, and A.J. Fultz is starting to be the assertive big man with 30 blocked shots.

It will be up to Andrew Nickell to convince me that I was correct in my pre-season evaluation that he would be District 2AA MVP.

Based on the first half of the season, Tyler Brim gets my vote for MVP, and I'm still looking for someone to seperate themselves from the pack to claim runner-up.

The Claiborne @ Cumberland Gap games will be live on WLMU FM 91.3, on the internet @ http://radio.lmunet.edu, or http://www.913thegap.com. We will also do a video tape delayed broadcast on LMU TV on Monday, 1/16/06 at 7:00 pm.

Edited by The Sports Guy

Claiborne\CG should be a great game. Claiborne seems to be playing a lot better right now. They may be getting into their groove, but it may be too late to catch CG. They will need some help.

PF is hosting GP, another a big rivalry game in the district. PF needs to win to hold home court and stay in the district race. GP is trying to steal one on the road and climb back into the hunt.

Claiborne @ Cumberland Gap was all that you could ask for in a game.

Claibore took a 9-0 early lead, and held a 20-16 lead after 1. Cumberland Gap pushed ahead in the 2nd quarter, and led 36-33 at the half.

The Panthers were up by 17 in the 3rd, but Claiborne pulled it back to 10, 58-48 after 3. Claiborne then tied it up with 7.9 seconds left at 69 all. Claiborne missed a free toss that would have given them a 1 point lead. The rebound was tipped out of bounds off Claiborne.

The final 7.9 went like this. Joey McFall inbounded to A.J. Fultz, Fultz threw it across half court to Tyler Brim, Brim hit Clay Bisceglia on the left baseline, Bisceglia took 2 dribbles through a double team, and released a 10 footer with 1.3 seconds left, the shot was good, and hit the floor at zero.

A foul against Claiborne was signaled, so Bisceglia would have gone to the stripe for 2 shots if he had missed the bucket.

What a game! What a crowd! I love big rivalries!

I sure hope they get a rematch in the District Tournament, and another in the Regionals.

Thanks Sports Guy. It is always a big win, when PF beats GP. Final score 61-48. PF put together one of most complete games of season.

Tough week for PF, first they get the #1 ranked Cosby Eagles (who will come in ready to play after only loss was to PF), Rutledge Tues and Union Fri. PF needs to win Tues and Fri to stay in district hunt.