District 2aa 2005-06

tigerball12

Looks like an exciting night in the District. Alot of things will become a little clearer after tonights action. Starting with CG vs. PF. Tonights game could decide the regular season title or at least a #1 or #2 seed in the tournament and maybe the Player of the Year and Coach of the Year. Not that this game will be the deciding factor of the last two but it could have a huge impact. Who can step up and help there team win. Fultz and Brim are in the mix as well as Woodrick for the player of the year. Coach Wright and Coach King should be the only two choices for coach of the year. Which one will have his team ready for a big game? This game has alot riding on it or both teams and shoul be exciting from a fans point of view and i for one will be there to see this match up.

UC vs. Rutledge. Can Union co. win to keep there hopes alive for a bye? Rutledge is tough place to play. or can Rutledge defend home court? we'll see.

Claiborne vs GP. Claiborne must win out to have any chances for a bye. They must also win at home. I think they will in this spot tonight. It could get ugly

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PF, in an unbelievable game, beats CG 93-57. PF played out of their minds tonight and just took CG out of the game early. Richard Brown finds the infamous "zone" scoring 37 points and hitting 11 threes in only three quarters. PF led 32-17 after the 1st and never looked back. Just a truly unbelievable outcome in this battle for first. PF now needs to win one of last two to lock up the #1 seed.

PF, in an unbelievable game, beats CG 93-57. PF played out of their minds tonight and just took CG out of the game early. Richard Brown finds the infamous "zone" scoring 37 points and hitting 11 threes in only three quarters. PF led 32-17 after the 1st and never looked back. Just a truly unbelievable outcome in this battle for first. PF now needs to win one of last two to lock up the #1 seed.

Congratulations on a BIG win for the Tigers.

I wonder if Richard will realize what he did when he wakes up. :)

Great defensive effort by PF, that turned into a lot of easy looks at the other end. They boxed out extremely well, and held the Panthers to one shot on most trips. It was not a good night for CG.

I just looked up 3-point buckets made in a single game, and Richard Brown is tied at 6th with his 11 last night. It needs to be submitted to TSSAA.

Would you believe that the record is 24 3s made in a single game? That's 72 points by one player from behind the arc.

That must qualify for a Guiness record! It certainly belongs in Ripley's book.

I just looked up 3-point buckets made in a single game, and Richard Brown is tied at 6th with his 11 last night. It needs to be submitted to TSSAA.

Would you believe that the record is 24 3s made in a single game? That's 72 points by one player from behind the arc.

That must qualify for a Guiness record! It certainly belongs in Ripley's book.

What's bad is he didn't even set a school record. Allen DeWyse hit 12 three's and scored 46 points against Chucky Doak last year.

What's bad is he didn't even set a school record. Allen DeWyse hit 12 three's and scored 46 points against Chucky Doak last year.

I didn't see Allen's name on the list, so that probably needs to be reported to TSSAA too.

Where did Allen end up signing? The last time I saw his father, he said it was narrowed down to LMU or Maryville College, but I didn't see his name on either roster.

Tyler Sauceman from South Greene is on Maryville College's roster, and Javon Crockett from Cumberland Gap walked on at LMU, but has left the team to focus on academics.

Are there any more District 2AA players in college that we can follow?

Updated standings, please make corrections if these are wrong.

PF 7-1 (beat Union, GP twice, Rutledge, CG twice, Claiborne; lost Union)

CG 6-2 (beat Union, Claiborne twice, GP twice, Rutledge; lost PF twice)

CHS 5-4 (beat Rutledge twice, GP twice, Union; lost to CG twice, Union, PF)

UC 3-5 (beat Claiborne, Rutledge, PF;lost to PF, CG, Claiborne, GP, Rutledge)

GP 2-7 (beat Rutledge, Union; lost to CG twice, Claiborne twice, PF twice, Rutledge)

RHS 2-6 (beat GP, Union; lost to Claiborne twice, GP, Union, CG, PF)

Updated standings, please make corrections if these are wrong.

PF 7-1 (beat Union, GP twice, Rutledge, CG twice, Claiborne; lost Union)

CG 6-2 (beat Union, Claiborne twice, GP twice, Rutledge; lost PF twice)

CHS 5-4 (beat Rutledge twice, GP twice, Union; lost to CG twice, Union, PF)

UC 3-5 (beat Claiborne, Rutledge, PF;lost to PF, CG, Claiborne, GP, Rutledge)

GP 2-7 (beat Rutledge, Union; lost to CG twice, Claiborne twice, PF twice, Rutledge)

RHS 2-6 (beat GP, Union; lost to Claiborne twice, GP, Union, CG, PF)

Rutledge has the tie-breaker by drawing the 1 in the district meeting in the pre-season...will help if they can stay tied with G-P and could help them catch Union if they can get a win in their last 2 home games...in all seriousness, this is a pretty good year for Rutledge considering their youth and an early-season departure of a senior...

PF beat Rutledge last night 68-61 to lock up the Regular Season District Championship and the #1 seed in the tournament. It was an ugly game, but a win is a win.

KevB do you know the order of all the tie-breakers. Things could get interesting in the 4-6 spots. I wonder what Union and GP have. PF is 5 and I think CG is 6, that leaves 2,3, & 4 for Claiborne, GP, and Union.

Edited by tigerball12