Phil Weatherford Is The Best Shooting Guard In The Nation

aj rodriguez

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes got a good shot, but i don't know about best in the nation!!! i say he is in the top 5 in the state. but moving up to AAA you got quicker guards that will put a hand in the face. be harder this year to get open. good luck this year.

True, we have got to keep in mind that we are no longer in AA ball. AAA I'm sure will be much more difficult, but nothing that Sullivan Central can't handle. I'd for sure keep a eye out for Science Hill.

I take it Phil plays for Sullivan Central. The only game I saw them play last year was against Bolivar. They didn't look like they had any players that could play in Bolivars starting 5, not even to mention being a top 5 player in the state. Bolivar was a team they just "couldn't handle", maybe they will handle the AAA teams better, but I sort of doubt it.

LOL!! :D

Philly isn't even the best in Bluntvul! Past, Present, or future. He couldn't step on the court with former cougar Brian Crowder. Little Phil wouldn't even get his shot in the air against most of the guards in Memphis or Middle TN (or Johnson City). You kids are either just trying to be silly, or are hitting the kool aid a little hard. Either way, these threads/posts are just making everyone else laugh at your little idol and Bluntvul. It makes Phil look bad too.

Pudding.....You hit the nail on the head! I think some of these young uns on this site have no idea what it takes to be tabbed "one of the best". Just watch and learn throughout the season. As far as the Weatherford kid being one of the best in the nation.......GET REAL!! You evidently havent seen many players in your time.

LOL!! :lol:

Philly isn't even the best in Bluntvul! Past, Present, or future. He couldn't step on the court with former cougar Brian Crowder. Little Phil wouldn't even get his shot in the air against most of the guards in Memphis or Middle TN (or Johnson City). You kids are either just trying to be silly, or are hitting the kool aid a little hard. Either way, these threads/posts are just making everyone else laugh at your little idol and Bluntvul. It makes Phil look bad too.

Hey buddy, why don't you learn how to spell "Blountville" first off, then why don't you take a look around at all the posts and see who everyone else thinks are the "good" players from Central. I bet Phil Weatherford is in every one of them. He is one of the top 10 players in the Tri-Cities easy. He can hit a 3 pointer from anywhere on the court and he's one of the BEST guards around here. You obviously have not watched any of Central's games lately. Maybe you should watch a game of his other than the state championship game with Bolivar. Yeah we are making Phil look SOOO BAD. Sure. :rolleyes:

Edited by SMyers

I take it Phil plays for Sullivan Central. The only game I saw them play last year was against Bolivar. They didn't look like they had any players that could play in Bolivars starting 5, not even to mention being a top 5 player in the state. Bolivar was a team they just "couldn't handle", maybe they will handle the AAA teams better, but I sort of doubt it.

phil is good but i dont think he has the all around game or the size to play for a d1 school and i dont think he is the best in the tri cities either he's a good player but i would take omar wattad or derek nave from elizabethton over him anyday...

like i said before, if you don't put a hand in his face then he'll hit them all day long. i've seen it happen. but if you do, then it will be a long year for the cougars. when you say top 5 player in the state, im talking about shooter in the state, makes and attempts wise. i know for a fact he ain't no top 5 player.

Edited by bluedevils#1