Baylor Vs. Pope John Paul Ii

KizzleAssizzle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first half that JP2 played against Baylor on Saturday was the most skilled half of soccer I've seen in Tennessee in a decade.

It was November 6, 1994 when Cindy Parlow (U.S. National Team) was a junior playing for Germantown in the state finals on Brentwood High School's field. Pope John Paul is an amazing team this year, best in any classification!

I've seen Grace Lawson play quite a bit over the last 3 years, but after watching her performance Saturday, I haven't been this excited about a player since Ridgeway's Geneil Newbern 1998-2001 (now a starter with Georgia). After debating throughout this season, Lawson is the best player in the state!!!

The first half that JP2 played against Baylor on Saturday was the most skilled half of soccer I've seen in Tennessee in a decade.

It was November 6, 1994 when Cindy Parlow (U.S. National Team) was a junior playing for Germantown in the state finals on Brentwood High School's field. Pope John Paul is an amazing team this year, best in any classification!

I've seen Grace Lawson play quite a bit over the last 3 years, but after watching her performance Saturday, I haven't been this excited about a player since Ridgeway's Geneil Newbern 1998-2001 (now a starter with Georgia). After debating throughout this season, Lawson is the best player in the state!!!

Clearly you're a huge JP2 fan AND a relative of Grace Lawson!

Clearly you're a huge JP2 fan AND a relative of Grace Lawson!

Very funny. I don't typically cheer for JP2, and I'm not a relative of Grace Lawson's. I have however seen 30-something soccer games this year (including every Top 11 team in every class except St. George's and Madison Magnet). Weighing the strengths and weaknesses of every player I've seen, I think Grace Lawson has the most potential to play at the college level. Did you see her against Baylor on Saturday? Unbelievable.

My brother is a college coach in California, and I put Lawson at the top of my scouting report for Tennessee. Of course, everyone will have their own opinion, but I think anyone who wouldn't put Lawson at least in their Top 3 or 4 is crazy.

I wish Monica Dunham would have played this year. She might be better.

To Bruinsoccer, last time I checked Geneil Newbern was starting for Georgia. Is she no longer? Injured perhaps? She was incredible in high school!!!

Edited by peterw

Bruinsoccer, did Newbern transfer? I'd hate to think she wasn't playing anywhere at all as good as she is.

Patagonia, you would at least put Grace Lawson in your top 3 wouldn't you?

Who is the top player in your opinion?

Megan Forester is the top player. Grace has great skill, but only tends to work when she feels like it. For that, she is not in my top 3.

Megan Forester is the top player. Grace has great skill, but only tends to work when she feels like it. For that, she is not in my top 3.

I am sure that Patagonia is the alpha/omega of all knowledge that is east tennesee soccer, for this reason you should heed the evaluation and proceed to wander through the desert of soccer ignoranace B)