Powell Basketball

Phsbaseball13

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rim Recker don't be foolish. I know you know basketball from some of your past comments, but Hargis and Smith are very capable players. Name a team in your district those two wouldn't start for.....

Let me correct myself. Hargis is a good player, but there winning will depend on his attitude. As for smith, i thought that he was going strickly football. So that leaves Conner who i think is solid legitimate junior with a good attitude. If smith dose play it will come down to team chemistry.

Hargis wouldnt start at guard for Clinton

Clinton's coaches might disagree. I bet Dixon, Dye, & Ford would love to have him on their team. A lot of people don't like him when he's playing for Powell, but I'm sure they'd like to have him as a teammate. He would also fit in well with the Dragon's uptempo pressing style....who else at Clinton would start in front of him.....Please don't tell me you can't play with 3 guards b/c some teams have been pretty successful in the past few years with 3 and even 4 guards.....

I agree Chill. Hargis would start at almost all the schools in this area. The only exception would be Halls. He just wouldn't fit because Sharp in so good and Seagers is a very good 2. Not sure Hargis would be a good 2. He is sorta like Pete Rose. If he is on your team you love him. If he is on the other team you hate him.

If Smith will play 5 with a positve attitude and play the way he is capable Powell will be a top 3 or 4 team in the district. If not they will struggle.

Obie Taylor " Hargis " wouldnt start anywhere but Powell Sorry buddy but i think Halls, Oak Ridge, and Clinton should be the Power houses in the district

Your over your head talking b-ball big fella. Hargis is a very good point guard. I agree O.R., Clinton, Halls will be in the mix. O.R. will lead the way. After them it will be a free for all for the 2, 3,and 4 spot. I can guarantee this my Bobcats will be at or near the bottom.

Is West in this District now?????

West is in the district now Bigcatt and they should be pretty good. They have Pearl, Latiff(the big kid I dont know his last name) and McGrew(points guard I think his first name is Ryan). Oak Ridge is very good but I think they can be beaten. Oak Ridge, Powell, Clinton, and Halls IMO will all battle it out for the top 4 spots and West and Central might have a say in there too. This is a very good district this year with no "bad" teams in it.

And for Hargis, I played with him alot this summer on a traveling team and I think someone already said it and I agree with it: he is one of those kids you love him when you play with him, but you hate him when you play against him. Heck I even love the kid before and after the game it's just during the game when he tries to get in your head and all that he does, but he is a competitor and if that works for him during the game, then why not do it.

Killa Camron Sharp is by-far the best player in the district. He was good last year but his skills are just amazing!! You might think im blowing smoke but you all will see when he puts up 30 on 3AAA every freakin night!! HAHAHA Powell will be horrible and Lee Smith is a bum but good at football! Killa Cam, thats all you need to know!

I cannot say much because I haven't seen any teams in action, but I believe that it will be between OR and Halls for sure, and maybe Powell. The sucess of Powell will be up to them. If they can co-exist with each other and play as a team, then I see them up there with the other two teams competing for that number one spot. But if they have a problem sharing the ball (which I would not be surprised if it is not already an issue) then they are going to have to settle for 3rd at best. Third place may not be a bad position for this team especially if history repeats itself as we saw Powell go into the tournament last year as the 3 seed and win it all for the first time in the schools history. Powell in my opinion is going to miss Ben Ward a lot. Ben and Lee worked together tremendously down in the post and it looks as if Powell will be missing that a lot since that is pretty much what they relied on last year. Smith, Hargis, and Conner are going to have to be the leaders of this team and the other kids are going to have to step up. Powell may struggle during the season if the team concept issue takes place but hopefully they can shuffle the problems aside and do what is important - - win.

I cannot say much because I haven't seen any teams in action, but I believe that it will be between OR and Halls for sure, and maybe Powell. The sucess of Powell will be up to them. If they can co-exist with each other and play as a team, then I see them up there with the other two teams competing for that number one spot. But if they have a problem sharing the ball (which I would not be surprised if it is not already an issue) then they are going to have to settle for 3rd at best. Third place may not be a bad position for this team especially if history repeats itself as we saw Powell go into the tournament last year as the 3 seed and win it all for the first time in the schools history. Powell in my opinion is going to miss Ben Ward a lot. Ben and Lee worked together tremendously down in the post and it looks as if Powell will be missing that a lot since that is pretty much what they relied on last year. Smith, Hargis, and Conner are going to have to be the leaders of this team and the other kids are going to have to step up. Powell may struggle during the season if the team concept issue takes place but hopefully they can shuffle the problems aside and do what is important - - win.

Whoever said that Hargis can't play is a fool. I would not trade him for any point guard in the district. The kid is a winner. Period. End of story. By the way, he just loves to read crap like that, so by all means continue talking about how terrible he is on a daily basis.

Edited by mocs30