Powell Basketball

Phsbaseball13

Moc:

I can almost agree. I wopudn't trade him for anyone in the district except Sharp at Halls. If I was his coach I wouldn't trade him for any one else around. He is very good at what he does. Needs to cool it sometimes. But his confidence is what you want in a pt. g and a guy to run the team. I think Powell has one problem and that will be the ability to coexist. I feel you have one player on the team that could cause some problems with team chemistry. Don't ask because I won't say. But I would speculate that Moc knows who I am talking about.

How about the other teams. I know Halls has Sharp. IMO the best player in this area in several years. If he was 6'1" a for sure D I player. Size will be an issue when the D I schools come calling. But he has the game.

Karns want guard anyone. So if they can't score a bunch hey will have limited success.

Clinton has some good guards. Any size in the post?

O.R. I am not really sure about but they always come up with a pretty good team.

West has a couple of good big fellas.

Central will be the bottom feeder. Mc Gill is a nice player and the other kid his name escapes me is decent. But the coach just doesn't get it. I watch them at least 5 times a year and always go by the bathroom and throw-up before I leave.

The top 4 teams will be very evenly matched in my opinion.

Any specifics about the District 3 teams?

Edited by bigcatt2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who did Halls lose from last year?

Halls lost Cody May and Willie Buchanan to graduation. I also think that Travis Borum is not playing this year to focus on baseball. Those were all good players.

Also, my comment about Hargis is no jab at Cameron. I have all the respect in the world for him. He works hard and plays a bunch of basketball. Personally, I think that Cam is more of a combo guard than a pure point. Halls typically needs him to score more points. Hargis is more of a pure point guard. Hargis can score but is very unselfish, that's why I would not trade him. He does play over the edge sometimes and it costs him and his teammates. However, I believe that this year will be Hargis' big coming out year for establishing himself not only as a physically talented, but a "mature" point guard.

And chemistry is something that every team has to worry about. Smith, Hargis and Conner get along fine and they compete against each other as hard as heck. Accordingly, there is respect there from each of those kids.

Mocs30 - when and where is Powell's first game. If I have no plans, I'd love to come watch them play and see how the team looks. By the way, who do you think will be starting besides Harg, Lee, and CC.

To add to my previous statement about Powell's chances, Coach Ogan is a huge factor also besides the chemistry issue I mentioned. He is a factor in the way that he, in my opinion, is the most knowledgeable coach in the district about the game and since Powell has Ogan, they have an advantage to begin with. With Coach O on your side, you always stand a chance. He will take what he has and mold it into a team that will compete even if the talent is slim. If the chemistry starts to be an issue, I'm sure Coach O will fix it before it becomes major.

It is fast approaching and I'm startin to get pumped!

Mocs30 - when and where is Powell's first game. If I have no plans, I'd love to come watch them play and see how the team looks. By the way, who do you think will be starting besides Harg, Lee, and CC.

To add to my previous statement about Powell's chances, Coach Ogan is a huge factor also besides the chemistry issue I mentioned. He is a factor in the way that he, in my opinion, is the most knowledgeable coach in the district about the game and since Powell has Ogan, they have an advantage to begin with. With Coach O on your side, you always stand a chance. He will take what he has and mold it into a team that will compete even if the talent is slim. If the chemistry starts to be an issue, I'm sure Coach O will fix it before it becomes major.

It is fast approaching and I'm startin to get pumped!

We have the Jamboree tomorrow night. We open next Tuesday vs. West Greene. If we win, I think we play Science Hill. This is a tournament in Greeneville I am talking about. The schedule should be up in the next few days.

As far as other starters go, I am not sure. Coach Ogan probably has a good idea but we have not discussed it and I will not presume to know myself. I think to a large degree that that situation is fluid. We have several players who could start at other positions including Daniel Hansen, Tyler Howell, TC Dinkins, Migi King, Jared Magaha, Nick Gordan and Jason Seymour. I have been VERY up front with our players in letting them know that playing time is up for grabs. The guards who are calmest with the basketball and who do not panic against pressure will see most of the time on the floor. The great thing is the all of those players bring something good to the table. Having that many players competing for playing time is very good. Guys are pushing each other all the time and that is what we want. Just because someone starts on our team, they should not presume that they have won the job for good.

Cam is more of a 2 than a point I personally think that Clay Should play point a put Cam at 2. Webster would be smart if he done that

So you think you should take the ball out of your best ballhandlers hands and let your bet shooter run the point?

I am sure every coach on Halls schedule would love that. Stick to football

Killa Camron Sharp is by-far the best player in the district. He was good last year but his skills are just amazing!! You might think im blowing smoke but you all will see when he puts up 30 on 3AAA every freakin night!! HAHAHA Powell will be horrible and Lee Smith is a bum but good at football! Killa Cam, thats all you need to know!

You really think Sharp is that good? I think he needs to work on his dribbling skills a little. His jump shot has gotten better.

You really think Sharp is that good? I think he needs to work on his dribbling skills a little. His jump shot has gotten better.

Obviously you have been inside your house for your whole life!!!! I can't believe you can actually discrace this thread!! You havent seen him play this year or you wouldnt be saying these foolish comments, sonny boy dont hate!! I dont know what school you are from but I guarentee he is heads and tails better than anybody you know, heard of , or watched so dont hate. He would tear both of your ACL's if you tryed to guard him so just shut up and come see for ya self

Yours Truly,

" The Future "