Wayne Co. At Jo Byrns

neutralfan07

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great game, it starts at 7:30 and everyone should come out to see it! Both teams are very good offensively, so whats everyones pick?

I am not that familiar with Jo Byrns. Wayne County is pretty solid but also pretty reliant on CJ Hammack (sp?)

I do know this about Jo Byrns. They beat East Robertson, a AA team that won out over Goodpasture, DCA, CPA and Ezell in region 5-AA. That was a remarkable feat for them and for Jo Byrns to defeat East, they must have a heck of a single A program.

Yes Wayne Co. is known for running the ball, look at CJ Hammock he has like 2000 yds rushing. Jo Byrns leading rusher is RB Colton Morris who has like 600 yds rushing, but has more then that receiving. Jo Byrns saw a weakness in there defense this week and will have to work this week to straighten it out, because WC will get there film and try to exploit it. I do know that WC has a weakness in there D as well, and i think it showed in there game against Cwood. This is gonna sound stupid but i look for this to go 2 ways: Either very high scoring, or very low scoring, no in between.

this cj hammock kid sounds about like carlos hudson for east robertson and we shut his rushing attack down so i think we should be aware and respectful of his potential to break one out but i don't see him getting another 200 plus yard night against jbs. as far as our offense goes wc has a weak secondary and we have a EXTREMELY good passing quarterback with GREAT recievers so i think us scoring won't be the problem it will be keeping them from scoring.

Who are the stars for Joe Burns?

Well first of all if you going to disrespect a team by spelling their name wrong, you just need to keep your comments to yourself, but just to answer your question JO BYRNS stars would be the following

Clay Head,QB

Colton Morris,RB

Chris Tuck, LB

Parker Holman, WR

Jacob Gezely, TE

Dusty Jackson, DT

Tramont Moody, DT

those were just some of the many great players on jo byrns team

Wayne Co will be no pushover like most think. Go Wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think anybody on this thread has said its gonna be a pushover for Jo Byrns, they know it will be a hard fought game, and they also know that WC is probably better then CA and not much behind Mt. Pleasant. So beating this team would be a huge start to getting through the first 3 rds. I think WC should be at least 3 maybe even 2 in there region, but strange things happen.

Wayne co is a good team but they arent a complete team, they arent good on special teams, they dont defend the pass very well, and they dont have much of a passing attack. These are the reasons they deserve to be fourth in their region. Having said that, they do have a VERY strong running game and for that reason alone they are tough to beat. Hammack is terrific , Cole and Duarte can also tote it pretty well. This will be a big test for Jo Byrns. Im not a fan but i respect them and their coach for having a good program.