Knoxville Halls Travels To Chattanooga Red Bank

fairplay2121

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be one of the more even matchups of the first round. I haven't seen

Red Bank play, but from other posters and from their record, I think Halls has a good chance of pulling the upset. It sounds like Halls may have size on Red Bank in the line which works well in Halls favor IMO. I also am concerned with speed much less than I have been in recent years for Halls. Our defense tends to give up early TDs against good opponents so I afraid Halls will either need to match Red Bank early or come from behind. I think it will be a great game.

Knoxville Halls 20

Red Bank 14

Hmm..interesting point there. Halls' offensive tackles are big, strong and quick for their size. They probably weigh between 270 and 280 each but move quite well for their size. However, in Halls offense i don't think the tackles do a whole lot of blocking on the ends...it's more of the fullback or guards pulling. I may be wrong as I usually just watch the ball and see who has it like any normal fan, but I'm pretty sure the tackles are blocking down a lot. Halls has been effective on offense against pretty good defense in Powell, Central and Maryville. They weren't great by any means, but had their bright spots in each game. I think their worst game offensively was against Powell, but against maryville and central they scored which is something they have done in years to be honest.

Great observation PVT, Tackles seem to be always blocking down you are all over that and they have done this for years.

We were all frustrated against Powell but it was because their ends controlled the line of scrimmage. If Red Bank has quick ends that will hurt our outside running game. Trey will also have trouble on his roll outs. If you remember we abandoned the run in the second half of the Powell game. Because we couln't move the ball on the ground against Smith & Galyon.

We need to firm up the middle on the special teams.

Unpredictability on offense could be our greatest asset come Friday night. Central was confused with our offensive scheme and it helped the defense stay off the field for great periods of time. Seems like both Halls & Red Bank have good defenses. KJ & Ward will have the answer by the time we kick-off.

I still feel when the clock runs out friday night the pride & the passion of this senior group will get their revenge from last year.

Did a little snooping around and got some stats for Red Bank this is not after ten games but only after eight. So any Red Bank faithful who can fill in the rest feel free.

Passing Ledbetter 60-107 638yards 8 tds 2 ints.

Rushing Simms 92-499 6 tds Staton 59-471 8tds

Receiving Benford 28-327 5tds Caldwell 18-202 3tds Mcduffie 11-88 0 tds

Looks like pretty good stats Red Bank after 8 games.

I would hate for special teams to cost Halls a playoff game. Were the breakdowns on punt team against South Doyle blocking or snapping or both? I didn't see the game. I have noticed in the past that our long snapper has a hard time getting the ball back there, (two kneel downs against Powell) and when he does it is a rainbow floater type snap. Maybe we need to scoot Logan up but that may open up other problems with protection. I am sure Coach J. is on top of it.

I would hate for special teams to cost Halls a playoff game. Were the breakdowns on punt team against South Doyle blocking or snapping or both? I didn't see the game. I have noticed in the past that our long snapper has a hard time getting the ball back there, (two kneel downs against Powell) and when he does it is a rainbow floater type snap. Maybe we need to scoot Logan up but that may open up other problems with protection. I am sure Coach J. is on top of it.

I think one of the snaps hung in the air a little. But the interior line allowed the blocks. It was like a jail break. O'Conner had no chance. I think SD #5 did the damage both times. I thought the special teams looked good after the Powell debacle against Lenoir City & Maryville. So we just have to firm it up a bit. Also, and I may be wrong, these problems occured in the first half and I think some players sat out that normally might have been in the punt formation. Any one know for sure?

I think one of the snaps hung in the air a little. But the interior line allowed the blocks. It was like a jail break. O'Conner had no chance. I think SD #5 did the damage both times. I thought the special teams looked good after the Powell debacle against Lenoir City & Maryville. So we just have to firm it up a bit. Also, and I may be wrong, these problems occured in the first half and I think some players sat out that normally might have been in the punt formation. Any one know for sure?

that's what I heard too. wonder who and why.

You guys did pretty wel againts maryville in the punting and speacial teams.

KJ will have that under control.

I think red bank will come out throwing in this one early. Coners and safties better have their heads one strait. Red bank wont have that much success running. Not with that cox out there.

That stinks for gary,wyalon, and chris. Hope they enjoyed their day off :D

Checked the TSSAA website and I pulled out the computer ratings that I liked.

Because I was finding no love on the Coacht fans picking Red Bank in the 90% range.

Take heart Red Devil faithful we are loved by other people.

Massey Ratings

4A Divison Red Devils #5 Red Bank #9

All Classes Red Devils #18 Red Bank #35

Elmo Branum Ratings

All Classes Red Devils #17 76.809 rating Red Bank #47 65.471 rating

The Sports Report Memphis

4A Red Devils #4 .950 rating Red Bank #10 .877 rating

CoachT Strength of Schedule

4A Division Red Devils #29 51.00 rating Red Bank #57 42.00 rating

Red Bank #1 in their district we are #4 in ours. So big deal! Throw that out folks the seasons starts this friday night. Come ready to give this team the Kudos they deserve then lets get behind them and be the 12 man(person).

Its gonna be different this year I feel it.