SMYRNA VS LINCOLN COUNTY

82cat

Smyrna has visited LC 3 times in a row with different results and a different feel.

1st time - lc undfefeated huge loud crowd great atmosphere

2nd time - last yr lc second in region with 3 losses - empty stadium little fan reaction Smyrna wins easily

this yr - lc has 4 losses and finished 2nd again

Can someone from lc tell me truthfully what to expect this yr??

With 4 losses in 05 will it be a repeat of last yrs crowd?

Early prediction

Smyrna 35

lc 14

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln County has alot of fair weather fans that probably won't show up Friday night. I can understand folks that lose interest in their favorite NFL team in a bad year since the NFL is really a commercial enterprise that controls it's own destiny in recruiting and paying the players and coaches. I don't understand losing interest in the high school team, since it should be all about the players, and not about whether the fans see themselves as losers or winners. Those kids need the support of the community at every game, whether they're 10-0 or 0-10.

As far as the Smyrna/LC game is concerned, the Falcons can field a good defense when their minds are right - they've done it a few times this year. Playing kids on both sides of the ball has made the defense's job tougher, but I think that if the defense plays to it's potential then Smyrna will be held to maybe a couple of touchdowns. It'll be up to the offense to put enough points on the board to win it, then. THe Falcons have had a nasty habit this season of committing stupid penalties and turnovers- if they do that Friday night they'll lose.

I'd like to think that the game is important enough to them that they play four quarters of hard football and walk away knowing that they did their best regardless of the outcome.

At any rate, I'll be there rooting for them for four quarters. As 93grad always says:

LC!! LC!! LC!! LC!!

This is coming from a Cookeville fan. I hope that LC wins. It speaks for region three if they win.

So we here in Cookeville as hard as it is to say, say GO FALCONS.

and GO CAVS

Hey man, if Cookeville is playing anybody outside Region 3 I'm rootin' for them! I might be rootin' for them in a Region 3 game, but only to the advantage of Lincoln County. It's not hard at all for me to wish the Cavaliers all the best against LaVergne! As far fetched as it may seem, I'd love to see the Falcons and Cavaliers meet in round 3!

LC! LC! LC!

Thanks to all for the support. LC has had ups and downs this year, several injuries to players....guys that would have been an asset to the team...have been out for the whole season. Only had 11 seniors...Those boys had to have worked hard and hung in there when the going got tough!!! I don't understand either why there hasn't been more support...more people at the games. I just know I'm there to support the boys and support any Region 3 team in playoffs.

Go Falcons!!!