next season

mjuhb

FRA is/was recruited by parents affiliated with the Harpeth Futbol Club. They're

strong enough now that they are attracting players from other clubs........plus

they have a very good coach.

I do not know if I agree with that statement. The Harpeth Futbol Club had players that went and are attending several schools (public and private).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRA is/was recruited by parents affiliated with the Harpeth Futbol Club. They're

strong enough now that they are attracting players from other clubs........plus

they have a very good coach.

:thumb: Just is not so. A move from private to private isn't that unusual. Little or no interest in soccer at certain schools certainly can contribute to a decision to move if the CHILD seeks a different situation as well as academics. Props to schools that decided to improve their programs after the fact. Changing schools is incredibly difficult. Hard on the parents and very hard on the child when they are leaving close friends. HFC parents had little to do with individual family decisions in seeking the best situation for their daughters regardless of the reasons. This is an old subject.

I think that 7 of the 11 starters for FRA were travel players? and yeah ai think all the starters are great....super bunch of ladies So many of these keids give up other sports to play soccer at this level...other kids choose to play many sports...should kids who focus on one sport year round ( i.e. travel baseball) be excluded from competing for a school championship?...perhaps its a hot spot because I have a relative who was big with TSSAA and has been in the public school arena for many years (coach, principal, athletic director, teacher, etc.) He thinks the public school and private schools playing each other is fine and doesn't really see a need for a multiplier unless a school i gender specific...this would throw off the student/athlete ratio! I trust his judgement on this after over 25 years of involvement with public school athletics (at big and large schools...it just so happens he attended a private school in hgih school)

You better check their resumes.....at least 10 of 11 plus travel depth on the bench.

Alabama used to limit the travel and HS relationship.....BAD rule.

Not taking anything away from Ken Mc.....the program/coach has had a lot of help

from parents in pulling good players toward the doors.....hey, it' s tough but so can

anyone else if they care about building a "winning" program.....it attracts the kids and families that aspire to be a part of a competitive program. Their depth is the key. Their talent for the most has been average, however most A/AA schools do

not have the travel players that are even average either on the field or the bench. Again, not knocking a great coach, he does have the soldiers when comes to battle. :thumb:

You better check their resumes.....at least 10 of 11 plus travel depth on the bench.

Alabama used to limit the travel and HS relationship.....BAD rule.

Not taking anything away from Ken Mc.....the program/coach has had a lot of help

from parents in pulling good players toward the doors.....hey, it' s tough but so can

anyone else if they care about building a "winning" program.....it attracts the kids and families that aspire to be a part of a competitive program. Their depth is the key. Their talent for the most has been average, however most A/AA schools do

not have the travel players that are even average either on the field or the bench. Again, not knocking a great coach, he does have the soldiers when comes to battle. :thumb:

Playing travel three years back does not necessarily make them travel players....anymore than playing Y soccer makes someone a "travel player"....I think my math is pretty good...perhaps players played some travel in the past....I do not consider someoen who gave it up a 'travel starter".....generally the complaint from the publics is that these travel players benefit from year round soccer. This is not the case in the entire starting bunch...although I think we see a tend in that direction for most of the top ranked teams....and not just in soccer. My guess is that in 5 years 90% of the starters in the final four teams in soccer in each state division will have "travel experience" as you put it...part of a trend across the sport scene.

Indiana still limits travel participation from one high school...I think ist 5 players, and yes it is a bad rule.

And yes Coach Mac does an excellent job....I hope he contiues to grace FRA with his excellent coaching ability for another decade..... I think most any parent associated with FRa would probably speak highly of the FRa coach....if that is recruiting, so be it.....I'm sure that the Ravenwood parents are speaking pretty highly of their football coach right now....is that "recruiting" also????

• 4 weeks later...

Playing travel three years back does not necessarily make them travel players....anymore than playing Y soccer makes someone a "travel player"....I think my math is pretty good...perhaps players played some travel in the past....I do not consider someoen who gave it up a 'travel starter".....generally the complaint from the publics is that these travel players benefit from year round soccer. This is not the case in the entire starting bunch...although I think we see a tend in that direction for most of the top ranked teams....and not just in soccer. My guess is that in 5 years 90% of the starters in the final four teams in soccer in each state division will have "travel experience" as you put it...part of a trend across the sport scene.

Indiana still limits travel participation from one high school...I think ist 5 players, and yes it is a bad rule.

And yes Coach Mac does an excellent job....I hope he contiues to grace FRA with his excellent coaching ability for another decade..... I think most any parent associated with FRa would probably speak highly of the FRa coach....if that is recruiting, so be it.....I'm sure that the Ravenwood parents are speaking pretty highly of their football coach right now....is that "recruiting" also????

Come on now.....three years ago? The air isn't that thin up on the hill!

Try this year (2005).

a early scheduling highlight centennial plays at siegal august 29 so there should be a lot of goals scored in that game

Wow, i'm on the team and hadn't even heard of that one yet. I know were playing jp2 and a few other top teams forgot who at the moment. Centennial will be a huge test for us. How is centennial's defense? Is it not great, is that why you are saying there will be lots of goals? Haven't watched them play much. So i'm not sure.

Wow, i'm on the team and hadn't even heard of that one yet. I know were playing jp2 and a few other top teams forgot who at the moment. Centennial will be a huge test for us. How is centennial's defense? Is it not great, is that why you are saying there will be lots of goals? Haven't watched them play much. So i'm not sure.

it is already up on eurosport here is the link it is a big link sorry

http://216.27.84.134/cgi-bin/sicrtsc.pl?Ty...der=w&Season=06

jp2 lost all their big guns last year they won't do much they lost 4 starting midfielders i know jamie trocino also plays midfielder anna fisher will be the best player in the state next season so she is good for at least 40 goal

but the good thing about next season is that we get extra week of practice

AAA

1 siegal

2 brentwood

3 centennial

4 shelbyville

5 oak ridge

6 hendersonville

7 collierville

8 franklin

9 science hill

10 houston

11 bearden

12 greenville

13 tullahoma

14 white station

15 mcminn co

16 cookville

17 beech

18 ooltewah

19 farragut

20 soddy-daisy

21 dobyns-bennett

22 clarksville

23 independence

24 cordova

25 knox west

AA/A

1 fra

2 ccs

3 notre dame

4 knox catholic

5 hume-fogg

6 chuckey-doak

7 columbia a

8 mcnairy co

9 madison a

10 grace

11 liberty

12 cpa

13 usj

14 white house

15 station camp

16 dca

17 david lipscomb

18 cak

19 fairview

20 hixson

D2

1 st agnes

2 gps

3 bga

4 jp2

5 baylor

6 father ryan

7 ecs

8 hutchison

overall

1 siegal

2 brentwood

3 centennial

4 st agnes

5 gps

6 fra

7 ccs

8 shelbyville

9 oak ridge

10 hendersonville

11 bga

12 jp2

13 baylor

14 father ryan

15 ecs

16 notre dame

17 collierville

18 franklin

19 science hill

20 houston

21 knox catholic

22 bearden

23 greenville

24 tullahoma

25 hume-fogg

thats for 06 because the thread that i did have got deleted

AAA

1 Siegal

2 Brentwood

3 Centennial

4 Collierville

5 Shelbyville

6 Hendersonville

7 Oak Ridge

8 Franklin

9 Houston

10 Tullahoma

11 Bearden

12 Greenville

13 Science Hill

14 White Station

15 Mcminn Co

16 Cookville

17 Beech

18 Ooltewah

19 Farragut

20 Soddy-Daisy

21 Dobyns-Bennett

22 Clarksville

23 Independence

24 Riverdale

25 Smyrna

AA/A

1 FRA

2 CCS

3 Notre Dame

4 Knox Catholic

5 Hume-Fogg

6 Chuckey-Doak

7 Columbia a

8 Mcnairy Co

9 Madison a

10 Grace

11 Liberty

12 CPA

13 USJ

14 White House

15 Station Camp

16 DCA

17 David Lipscomb

18 CAK

19 Fairview

20 Hixson

D2

1 St Agnes

2 GPS

3 BGA

4 ECS

5 JP2

6 Baylor

7 Father Ryan

8 Hutchison

AMENDED 2/1/06

AAA

1 Siegal

2 Brentwood

3 Centennial

4 Collierville

5 Shelbyville

6 Hendersonville

7 Oak Ridge

8 Franklin

9 Houston

10 Tullahoma

11 Bearden

12 Greenville

13 Science Hill

14 White Station

15 Mcminn Co

16 Cookville

17 Beech

18 Ooltewah

19 Farragut

20 Soddy-Daisy

21 Dobyns-Bennett

22 Clarksville

23 Independence

24 Riverdale

25 Smyrna

AA/A

1 FRA

2 CCS

3 Notre Dame

4 Knox Catholic

5 Hume-Fogg

6 Chuckey-Doak

7 Columbia a

8 Mcnairy Co

9 Madison a

10 Grace

11 Liberty

12 CPA

13 USJ

14 White House

15 Station Camp

16 DCA

17 David Lipscomb

18 CAK

19 Fairview

20 Hixson

D2

1 St Agnes

2 GPS

3 BGA

4 ECS

5 JP2

6 Baylor

7 Father Ryan

8 Hutchison

AMENDED 2/1/06

When this happens next year i fully expect you to come out of your small one bedroom apt. and experience the real world.

The top five teams in AAA for next year will be: (not in this order)

Brentwood

Centennial

Collierville

Houston

Hendersonville

Some things never change

P.S.

I know each of these teams rosters and saw each play numerous times.

Amazing what happens when you see the sunlight