district 10 AA

nuttinbutnet

It's hard to say at this point since I haven't actually seen any of the teams play and what line-ups they have for this season. I would guess that Loretto will be good with Jana Cross, Leah Stone, Jessica Green, and Sarah Brewer. Page will miss Nicole Bagsby and Alison Harmon, but return twins Kayla & Leslie Young, Libby Barker, Jessica Spencer, Kayla Bowling, Rachel Underwood, Ana Morton, Courtney Campbell, and Katelin Ford. There are also some interesting incoming freshman that could also see some varsity playing time. I don't have the full roster yet. Lewis Co. returns Nicole Duncan and Summer Jones and possibly others. Marshall Co. is somewhat unknown since I don't know if Keisha Summers graduated or not. Giles Co. is unknown as well as with new district member Spring Hill. I'll try to look at last year's rosters and determine who has graduated and what effect this will have on this year's teams.

Marshall Co. has graduated both Keisha Summers and Tangela Alexander, but return post Elaxis Baugh, Bethany London, Nisha Brown, Nikita Hightower, Jessica McQueen, and others. The question will be can they replace the point output and ball handling of Keisha Summers.

Lewis Co. has graduated Allyson Brewer, Casey Anderson, and Courtney Sheets. They return post Nicole Duncan, Jeanie Durham, Marisa Bryant, Whitley Clayton, Kasey Kilpatrick, Summer Jones, Diksie Scott, Heather Hudgins, Chelsea Beasley, Sara James, Taylor McKinney, and Micah Anderson. The key to their success will be the play of Duncan and Anderson and whether the guards can replace Casey Anderson and Allyson Brewer.

Edited by PageMan

It's hard to say at this point since I haven't actually seen any of the teams play and what line-ups they have for this season. I would guess that Loretto will be good with Jana Cross, Leah Stone, Jessica Green, and Sarah Brewer. Page will miss Nicole Bagsby and Alison Harmon, but return twins Kayla & Leslie Young, Libby Barker, Jessica Spencer, Kayla Bowling, Rachel Underwood, Ana Morton, Courtney Campbell, and Katelin Ford. There are also some interesting incoming freshman that could also see some varsity playing time. I don't have the full roster yet. Lewis Co. returns Nicole Duncan and Summer Jones and possibly others. Marshall Co. is somewhat unknown since I don't know if Keisha Summers graduated or not. Giles Co. is unknown as well as with new district member Spring Hill. I'll try to look at last year's rosters and determine who has graduated and what effect this will have on this year's teams.

Marshall Co. has graduated both Keisha Summers and Tangela Alexander, but return post Elaxis Baugh, Bethany London, Nisha Brown, Nikita Hightower, Jessica McQueen, and others. The question will be can they replace the point output and ball handling of Keisha Summers.

Lewis Co. has graduated Allyson Brewer, Casey Anderson, and Courtney Sheets. They return post Nicole Duncan, Jeanie Durham, Marisa Bryant, Whitley Clayton, Kasey Kilpatrick, Summer Jones, Diksie Scott, Heather Hudgins, Chelsea Beasley, Sara James, Taylor McKinney, and Micah Anderson. The key to their success will be the play of Duncan and Anderson and whether the guards can replace Casey Anderson and Allyson Brewer.

You are on top of this dist. every year. Can you really see anyone beating Loretto?

MIDTN, while Loretto does appear to be the favorite, but it seems they have trouble with Giles Co., especially in Pulaski. GC's post Vee Young was a very good player last season and I think they lost one of the Ewing sisters to graduation so they might be one team that could give them a defeat. I'll see how Loretto looks this Saturday at the Lawrence Co. Play Day as I think they have a couple of games. I'm not sure who they play so this will be subjective to say the least. I don't put much stock in play days in general as coaches usually are testing things out. Nothing really matters until the season starts anyway. I'll have more data to gather on all the district teams as the season progresses.

• 2 weeks later...