How would -you- do it?

TheGreatLineJudge

The VB girls miss a lot of school during this time already. Have the Tournament 3 days. Thursday, Fri, Sat. This would allow a lot more fans and working people to see the big dance. Find a site that it wouldn't interfere with Home Coming and run the schedule that worked best for the schools. Have a Miss Volleyball for each divisions and a all freshman team of the year. Make it an awards party like BB and FB. It will be a hugh fight because so many other big sports are in the lime light but this could be done.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the change from a Sat Final was done to accomodate MTSU's football program and Saturday games. I can understand the parking issues, as MTSU has plenty of them, but I feel like having the Semi-Finals and Finals on Saturday is an abosolute must. IF MTSU can't do it, move the thing somewhere that can. I realize that this is about dollars signs and not about what is best for the kids. Sometimes it seems like the TSSAA takes the stance that they will have championships for the minors sports just to get it over with. This should be about the kids. These girls work hard and deserve no less than a grand finale to their season that is unrivaled.

And missing 3 days of school is a big issue for some, I know it is to me. If you had the tournament Thursday, Friday, and Sat., the majority of kids would still only miss two days of school. OR what about Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, and the 3 Championship matches on Sunday. Each school could play one pool match on Thursday night, followed by the other two on Friday. Saturday, the Quarters and Semis could be played and the Finals on Sunday. The TSSAA has no rule about Sunday play. MTSU could even have their customary Sunday match but move it up to 12, followed by the TSSAA Championships at 3, 5, and 7.

I realize that no change will probably be made, but the issue could be pressed if the ADs and principals of schools would go to the board of control with the ideas. If we really want a change, then we need to present a united front and go to our ADs and Principals with a proposal that can be presented by them to the TSSAA. I feel like we could get something changed if the coaches, AD's and Principals get behind this issue. I do realize most principals could give a rat's behind about Volleyball, but there are some sympathetic out there and will listen. If we can petition the Board of Control and Legislative Council of the TSSAA, the worst thing they can say is no.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Great to meet you too.  We're going to work hard to get back.  
    • I extend my gratitude to ManCoverage for initiating this discussion thread tailored to the residents of Trousdale County. In times of adversity within our football team, it is imperative to have an outlet for expression, and what better platform than CoachT's Craigslist forum? I respectfully request that GOAT exercise discretion in his commentary, as his remarks have caused me personal distress.
    • I am inclined to wager a substantial portion of my financial assets on the likelihood that Waggoner shall transition to an alternative coaching vocation prior to the year 2028. It is my contention that discerning individuals are beginning to perceive his coaching prowess as lacking in the requisite excellence. Allow me to articulate the following assertion: Waggoner represents a markedly superior choice compared to the individual who perpetrated the act of fuel theft.   This individual exhibits a conspicuous propensity for frequent professional transitions, a trait which undermines his credibility and renders him an untenable choice for serious consideration. It is indeed confounding that his candidacy continues to garner attention and support.
    • Yeah same   It’s definitely true that tough times make tough kids, but some kids just have a big passion for the game and will become the best of the best no matter where they come from.
    • Hope you enjoy it King and good to meet you at state this year. Good luck to the Lady Landers. Keep battling.