DII MIDDLE

stixx

BA will obviously be at the top of DII Middle, and I do not think they will really be tested until the State Tournament, the combination of Wright and Bone will propel them to State for the fourth year in a row. BGA is far weaker than they have been in the past, expect them to contend for a number three seed, there is no possible way they will contend for the number 1 spot in this division, and its highly unlikely that they will receieve the number 2 spot in this region, which is in a down year with the exception of BA. Father Ryan and MBA will be right in the thick of things. Ryan has a solid, athletic team that will attempt to go to state, and their big man Langhi's performance may determine their future. MBA is far weaker than they have been in the past with no true post presence, and will rely heavily on Senior D-1 college prospect Deon Gaines to lead them to success. JP2 has an outside shot to contend for a State Tournament Bid, but with the departure of Chuck Woosely and with the apparent loss of Alvin Ingle (focusing on football), the Knights will go through somewhat of a rebuilding year, but do not be surprised to see them upset Ryan, BGA, and/or MBA. Sewanee, Webb, MTCS, Davidson Academy, and Ensworth will not be factors in the division whatsoever. The dark horse in this division that i see going to state is USN. This team has 8 Seniors, and 3 returning starters from last year, so experience is on their side. They are much improved in the post with 3 year starter in the post 6'2 Carter Dunham and 6'8 Junior Douglas Schatz who performed very well in AAU this summer. Also, they return their starting backcourt from last year, so do not take this team lightly. I am predicting this team to be the number 3 seed in this region and to make it to state. Comments/Questions?

BA will obviously be at the top of DII Middle, and I do not think they will really be tested until the State Tournament, the combination of Wright and Bone will propel them to State for the fourth year in a row. BGA is far weaker than they have been in the past, expect them to contend for a number three seed, there is no possible way they will contend for the number 1 spot in this division, and its highly unlikely that they will receieve the number 2 spot in this region, which is in a down year with the exception of BA. Father Ryan and MBA will be right in the thick of things. Ryan has a solid, athletic team that will attempt to go to state, and their big man Langhi's performance may determine their future. MBA is far weaker than they have been in the past with no true post presence, and will rely heavily on Senior D-1 college prospect Deon Gaines to lead them to success. JP2 has an outside shot to contend for a State Tournament Bid, but with the departure of Chuck Woosely and with the apparent loss of Alvin Ingle (focusing on football), the Knights will go through somewhat of a rebuilding year, but do not be surprised to see them upset Ryan, BGA, and/or MBA. Sewanee, Webb, MTCS, Davidson Academy, and Ensworth will not be factors in the division whatsoever. The dark horse in this division that i see going to state is USN. This team has 8 Seniors, and 3 returning starters from last year, so experience is on their side. They are much improved in the post with 3 year starter in the post 6'2 Carter Dunham and 6'8 Junior Douglas Schatz who performed very well in AAU this summer. Also, they return their starting backcourt from last year, so do not take this team lightly. I am predicting this team to be the number 3 seed in this region and to make it to state. Comments/Questions?

Good analysis. There is probably not a more lopsided region in any division or class than DII Middle this year. Could BA lose a game somewhere along the way? Sure...it's high school basketball, but they are clearly the best.

It would seem to be wide open after that. Ryan is my pick for second.

Is there any chance of any team from the West competing for a crown with BA? CBHS has size in Walker and Mosby, and return a lot of the same gaurds from last year... Harding returns Mariun Price, they also get Tacuma Alexander back from his ankle injury, and get newcomer 6'5" freshman Marlon Brown who has been dominating on the football field this year... This team has more depth than last years, but not the same type of senior leadership that they had with McNutt and Martin... I see maybe a Harding vs BA state championship matchup... featuring the two best players in D2

Is there any chance of any team from the West competing for a crown with BA? CBHS has size in Walker and Mosby, and return a lot of the same gaurds from last year... Harding returns Mariun Price, they also get Tacuma Alexander back from his ankle injury, and get newcomer 6'5" freshman Marlon Brown who has been dominating on the football field this year... This team has more depth than last years, but not the same type of senior leadership that they had with McNutt and Martin... I see maybe a Harding vs BA state championship matchup... featuring the two best players in D2

I agree with the Harding pick. They are very good, and Maurian Price is an excellent player. I would have had him as a Mr. Basketball finalist last year, and he certainly will be one this season. On any given day, BA could lose, but they will be the clear favorite barring any injuries.

Father Ryan[/url'> Wrestling' post='825818462' date='Nov 7 2005 - 09:33 PM']

This is gonna be a great year of basketball. I heard Tate wasnt playing for Pope, is this true? I didnt believe the Pope person who told me. I see BA/Ryan in state, and I cannot determine a winner, determines on Ryan's health. Langhi vs. Wright would be an awesome matchup, but Langhi has a lot of work to do.

No offense, but Langhi is not in the same hemisphere as Brandan. He played

in a JV game against BA last year. He has potential but the Langhi/Wright

match-up will continue to be one-sided. I'm not sure that Ryan will be able

to replace the offense provided by Dylan Heim last year.

I agree with Itzme regarding Ryan getting the second slot in DII Middle.

BGA continues on a downward slide and MBA has no one to help Deon

Gaines.

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='825818462' date='Nov 7 2005 - 09:33 PM']

This is gonna be a great year of basketball. I heard Tate wasnt playing for Pope, is this true? I didnt believe the Pope person who told me. I see BA/Ryan in state, and I cannot determine a winner, determines on Ryan's health. Langhi vs. Wright would be an awesome matchup, but Langhi has a lot of work to do.

I would not be surprised if Tate didn't play. His future is clearly in football. His basketball skills are not that great...he gets by purely on athletic ability.

Langhi and Wright a great matchup? You have seen them both play, I take it?

I think the Price-Wright matchup is a lot better than that matchup... Not that they will be gaurding each other, but they will both be carrying their teams... Harding def. gave Brentwood its toughest game in the State Tournament last year, and Price and Wright were going back and forth just scoring for their teams...

Harding is going to be starting:

PG- Mariun Price, SR.- no explaination, second best play in D2

SG- Tacuma Alexander, SR.- got hurt last year, long and lanky, nice shot, can drive

3G- Peyton Sweeney, Jr.- three point shooter

F- Tyler Hickman, So.- great post moves, will give low post presence to team

C- Marlon Brown, Fr.- athletic, athletic, athletic...can jump and can score

Tyler Browning, Sr.- newcomer who can run point and get ball to Price and Alexander

Aaron McMillian Jr.- Hit 4 three's in State Semi-Finals last year, hopes to carry that over to this year

Trey Clemens, Jr.- atypical Harding player, fast-plays good defense-can shoot

Nathan Parrish, Sr.- excellent shooter, who struggled at times last season, but can def. hit the long ball

Jacob Street, So.- Brother of Jared Street, who garduated last year... more of a PG type, has great handles and plays good defense

This team could start any of these guys at any given time... Those are just spot starters, not the set lineup, we wont know that until the first few games... Coach Starks def. has a much deeper team than last year, and with Mariun Price, anyhting is possible... BA-Harding is what I am seeing as the State Championship Game...

How big are they in the 4/5 slots?

mofoto50, which one of those guys are you?

you must be a player for harding to be talking them up so much and to know the starting lineup etc since i dont think they have played yet.

im not saying that harding is bad or questioning what you say, im just wondering which harding guy you are.

also, briarcrest rus D2W until Harding or anyone else can dethrone them.