HS FOOTBALL ON TV

hallewould36

I checked here at work and they said CSS didn't have a contract with TSSAA to cover the play-offs. CSS covers the southeast. So there will be times you'll see games outside your area. That's what they told me anyway.

Also the tssaa wont let you broadcast a playoff game till 48 hours after the game is played. Radio is ok but not TV.

Does anyone know if the TSSAA has a contract to televise the state championships (football and basketball) live across the state?

I know last year's football games were on television in some places, but I was only able to watch b/c I happened to be at a relative's house near Nashville on the day of a replay.

Let me know.

I think they have stations in nashville memphis knoxville and chattanooga.

I wish we could get some type of TV contract with one of the Fox Sports stations to televise our state championships regionwide and nationwide.

I can watch games out of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, California, Florida and Georgia (as well as the Kentucky boys' basketball state title game) -- just to name a few states -- b/c their finals are televised on one of the four Fox College Sports regional networks.

I think something like that would be great for high school sports in Tennessee.

The UPN affiliate in Nashville is going to broadcast all of the Championship games both Friday and Saturday on Channel 30. In other parts of the state it depends on if a team from the area is playing. Last year I lived in West Tennessee (not Memphis) and they showed Huntingdon-Alcoa on Friday night on the station in the area, but Saturday they didn't show any of the other games because they didn't involve teams from West Tennessee that weren't in Memphis.