*District 7A*

tlcbball

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didn't think anyone could compete with Pickett Co. last year then you weren't watching any games all year. We were every bit as good as they were and when it came to hustle, we had them murdered. We knew them better than they knew themselves come tourney time and we were the better team in the region championship game, and just didn't finish it off. That will build character for this years team and they have learned a lot from the experience.

With that said, Pickett does have a good team this year, but from what I've heard, Capps has been moved out to the wing and I can not understand that move at all. Roddy is a good post player with really good footwork so I can understand while he's in, but you've got to run two post with Capps in. Wright is good, but Clay has it out for him after his actions at our place last year. He won't be doin any of that this year.

Clay's biggest concern should be not thinking like me. They shouldn't read these boards, or anything else that will make them cocky. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." That's how they have to play every second of every game. They're gonna be prepared and they're gonna be more talented that the other side but they still have to play hard.

Edited by Dawg05

If you didn't think anyone could compete with Pickett Co. last year then you weren't watching any games all year. We were every bit as good as they were and when it came to hustle, we had them murdered. We knew them better than they knew themselves come tourney time and we were the better team in the region championship game, and just didn't finish it off. That will build character for this years team and they have learned a lot from the experience.

With that said, Pickett does have a good team this year, but from what I've heard, Capps has been moved out to the wing and I can not understand that move at all. Roddy is a good post player with really good footwork so I can understand while he's in, but you've got to run two post with Capps in. Wright is good, but Clay has it out for him after his actions at our place last year. He won't be doin any of that this year.

Clay's biggest concern should be not thinking like me. They shouldn't read these boards, or anything else that will make them cocky. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." That's how they have to play every second of every game. They're gonna be prepared and they're gonna be more talented that the other side but they still have to play hard.

I know yall competed with Pickett Co last year I just made the statement that noone should count yall as a team that's gonna go out every game and just kill every district team yall face...a team could jump like you all did last year and suprise...I am first to say I didn't expect a team to really compete with Pickett last year until they lost to Clakrange...

no way pc was that much better than everyone last year, they didnt have much size or a deep bench and you must not have known as well as you thought because everybody in the gym knew bailey was getting the ball. i doubt very much that capps is playing wing i think he is working some at point with wright on the post!!

with that said clay should not lose a district game with the players they return! shouldnt lose more than 4 games with there schedule

no way pc was that much better than everyone last year, they didnt have much size or a deep bench and you must not have known as well as you thought because everybody in the gym knew bailey was getting the ball. i doubt very much that capps is playing wing i think he is working some at point with wright on the post!!

with that said clay should not lose a district game with the players they return! shouldnt lose more than 4 games with there schedule

Actually Capps was, at least at one point, playing the wing with Roddy in the post. I'm not sayin it's gonna stick, I'm just sayin I don't know why this experiment took place. Putting TC on the wing is taking him out of his element and removing him from the game offensively.

T.C. Capps will have a future at the college level, but he needs some perimeter skills to complement his inside game. I think this is a great opportunity for him to prepare himself and is a good move by Coach Bibb. In reply to the posts about Coach Bibb, I think he is the best coach in the district and his teams (not just PC) have a track record of being very fundamentally sound and well prepared. I think as long as they have a coach like Bibb, they will be in the chase for the district championship. I expect Jacob Wright to have a breakout year as well as Capps. I think Roddy is going to be tough in the post and Brent Logan has a chance to get hot at any time and with a little more aggressiveness could be one of the best players in the district next year. James Gibson is a tough defender and can shoot the ball, so this team has alot of balance if they can just put it together. This team will surprise alot of people this year. Also, Clarkrange has the players to make a run, but Clay Co is the clear favorites. Their coaching staff does a great job and gets the most out of their teams every year. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go to state this year.

T.C. Capps will have a future at the college level, but he needs some perimeter skills to complement his inside game. I think this is a great opportunity for him to prepare himself and is a good move by Coach Bibb. In reply to the posts about Coach Bibb, I think he is the best coach in the district and his teams (not just PC) have a track record of being very fundamentally sound and well prepared. I think as long as they have a coach like Bibb, they will be in the chase for the district championship. I expect Jacob Wright to have a breakout year as well as Capps. I think Roddy is going to be tough in the post and Brent Logan has a chance to get hot at any time and with a little more aggressiveness could be one of the best players in the district next year. James Gibson is a tough defender and can shoot the ball, so this team has alot of balance if they can just put it together. This team will surprise alot of people this year. Also, Clarkrange has the players to make a run, but Clay Co is the clear favorites. Their coaching staff does a great job and gets the most out of their teams every year. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go to state this year.

You could put Edwards/Bibb as 1/2 on any coaching list, both are great coaches and i have alot of respect for them. Pickett will be tough and believe me Clay County isn't looking past the first game, they are taking it one game at a time just like the everyone else. Its a long season and anything can happen, good luck to all this season and may the best TEAM win! :(