Round 2 - Greenbrier vs. White House

titans89

Greenbriar couldnt beat our Jr Pro program this year either.Greenbriar couldnt beat our Freshman team and lost to our middle School team in a preseason scrimage.Think this is why he is bitter.Shouldn't the Mens Club try to beat every team that they play?As far as the reference to the KKK that is the most childish post I have ever seen.Catfish has never said anything that stupid, and thats saying alot.Hate us all you want.You cant love what you cant beat, and we have bragging rights until next October.

Also I would much rather have a sign that says STATE QUARTER FINALS than Region Champs and I think your players and coaches would say the same.

Hey Titans good post :) KKK ha that is hysterical :):):)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only for the record, Greenbrier took 2 of 3 games from White House East this year in Jr. Pro. My son's team (11-12) won their game. I am only bitter about the high school game!

Titans, your post is typical of the Men's Club.....distorting the facts. As a matter of fact, my son's team has only lost to White House East twice out of 7 games! And, they have never lost to WH West....but of course....they are your red-headed stepchild....aren't they?! :)

Y'all want to talk about classless.....in last year's superbowl between Greenbrier and White House East, we were at Cheatham Co. HS where both sets of fans have to sit on the same side. Every time WH did something good......their fans didn't just cheer.....they turned to the Greenbrier fans and were yelling at US! Talk about bush league and classless.....parents acting like that over little league football......now THEY should be ashamed of themselves!

So, maybe I should be a bigger man than this.....but that is just one of many incidents that I have faced the last 6 years.

I could go on for days of the things I have seen at GB/WH Jr pro games over the past several years including 2 parents from GB being kicked out of the game for unsportsman like hehavior.I am not a member of the mens club but my son went through that program and I saw first hand none of the crap for which you speak.I guess looking from the outside in, your the expert.I was at the game you mentioned last year and to state a fact there were parents from both sides yelling at each other so dont make this out to be all about White House.As was the case Friday night.I had a fan,not sure if it was a parent, Want to fight after the game.This happened in front of my children and was unprovoked.Is this classless?I think so.Is this bush league, I think so.Is someone From GB making racial remarks towards one of our players classless.I think so.Dont be critical of our program until yours has no flaws.Just a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edited by titans89

Only responding to stupid things again Vandy!But really, it sure will be good to see the kids on the practice field this week.Its better than having to turn in your pads :)

Yep! Those guys will be practicing again this week. :) One game at a time... one step at a time to the final goal-

Racial slurs directed to our Ricky is just uncalled for on any field! It makes me furious- His mom was sitting down on the first section and I sure hope she didn't have to sit and listen to any of that kind of talk. This kid... well- Can't say enough good things about Ricky. He is very deserving and his team mates know that! :) Did you read my other post? Directed towards you and my not replying - computer problems ... ugh :)

Yep! Those guys will be practicing again this week. :) One game at a time... one step at a time to the final goal-

Racial slurs directed to our Ricky is just uncalled for on any field! It makes me furious- His mom was sitting down on the first section and I sure hope she didn't have to sit and listen to any of that kind of talk. This kid... well- Can't say enough good things about Ricky. He is very deserving and his team mates know that! :) Did you read my other post? Directed towards you and my not replying - computer problems ... ugh :)

Got your reply.Will talk to you later in week about travel plans to the game.Come on now Vandy show some love to Townsend. :)

Got your reply.Will talk to you later in week about travel plans to the game.Come on now Vandy show some love to Townsend. :)

Gotta keep that passing game going if we want to end up in the "Boro" :)

I'll show some love to GAINS #71- Lay one on em Friday night son!

Edited by Vandyman21

Great game. I would know. I was on the field.

Can't say enough about the class they showed afterwords. #67 is probably GB best player in my opinion. Real classy guy too. Their coaches should be proud. So should their fans. As should White House fans. Maybe the fans could take some notes from the players on how to "show some class". Both sides.

Next week, Notre Dame. Dont know much about them. Dont really care. We still get to practice.

B.D.P.

Not expressed in words, but evident in emotions.

Great game. I would know. I was on the field.

Can't say enough about the class they showed afterwords. #67 is probably GB best player in my opinion. Real classy guy too. Their coaches should be proud. So should their fans. As should White House fans. Maybe the fans could take some notes from the players on how to "show some class". Both sides.

Next week, Notre Dame. Dont know much about them. Dont really care. We still get to practice.

B.D.P.

Not expressed in words, but evident in emotions.

Good Post turf- Maxer... ha

Never claimed to be using reason. Reason would say not to act in the manner I am. However, the disgust I have come to develop for the people from White House has overruled my sense of reason.

Sadly enough, most of it comes from the Jr. Football folks in White House. They are some of the most classless people I have ever met. Talk about hatred.....those guys scheme every year to try to beat Greenbrier's teams as if their life depended on it. My gosh.....it is just little league.

That so called "Men's Club" y'all have is the most hate filled group I have come across outside the KKK. They're so bad, we had parents from there calling calling me about having their kid play in the Greenbrier program because of all the shenanigans. So, I'd say to clean your own house before you chide me for my lack of reason.

That said, there is a major flaw in your logic. Why is it "reasonable to accept that our neighbors would root for the home county team..... or at least have enough "class" to keep it to yourself....."? First, due to the arrogance of the Sumner County folks, WHHS no longer represents Robertson County. So, you are not a home county team. You are no different than Station Camp, Portland, Beech, etc. The fact that the counties split schools gives Greenbrier all that much more reason to hate White House!

Second, I am not from Tennessee. Where I grew up in South Carolina, you rooted for two teams each week.....your school and those who were playing against your archrival. That was a fact of life. Believe it or not....there is life outside of Middle Tennessee....not everyone believes what you believe. I guess that is why I get so sick of the supposed "love fest" on here between Greenbrier and White House.

And, of course I am bitter. Anytime you lose to your archrival you SHOULD be bitter. I'm sorry. I grew up in a different mentality than that. Not much of an archrival if you only dislike them one game a year. Heck.....that is how I feel about most other teams.....but my archrival.....I am going to root against them 365 days a year!

So, go ahead Dandy......continue your love fest. I'll continue to operate without reason and have a very strong dislike for my archrival!

FatCat

I normally read but do not post but you have personally inspired me. You really shouldn't have brought our Jr. Pro into this. This is a high school forum - but since you chose to do so - there are a few things you failed to mention.

Folks, I had the priviledge this weekend of watching not one, but three Greenbrier football teams have season ending losses. The other two were Jr. pro team games played yesterday. I say priviledge because that is how I trully felt. Don't get me wrong - I hate it for the kids because I know losing does hurt - but it hurts the parents and coaches alot more than it ever does the kids. After reading the posts for the last 4 weeks from some of you Greenbrier people, and being at both high school games and both Jr. Pro games, my opinion of Greenbrier has slid inline with yours of White House - FatCat.

I understand why you are so bitter - Three losses in less than 24 hours will make most people have a bitter feeling or two, but you are extra bitter because you know that your precious temporary Greenbrier football dynasties are at their end. Your high school had improved enough to somewhat dominate the region and last year you finally made it to the finals - only to have White House and Pearl Cohn drop down and ruin the next 4 years for ya...

Everyone knows White House was somewhat "down" this year but they also know what we have coming up through the ranks. You had your one and only win against White House two weeks ago and you know it will be years now before you get another.

Now back to the Jr. Pro. Unlike White House, Portland, and Ashland City, your organization refuses to split their 40 person teams into two seperate teams. They turn kids away once they reach their 40. They do this because in past years they have been somewhat dominant - other teams average around 20 to 25 kids. This is nothing more than a vulgar display of EGO by everyone involved with your youth organization. You all want to win so badly that you are hurting your own kids. Only 11 can play at a time so instead of making two teams you let the other 25 stand on the sideline and watch. I'm sure most of your parents would agree - of course there are 11 that wouldn't. This thing has turned entire communities against you. Not just White House. The kids as well as the parents from the other teams all hate Greenbrier.

The funny thing though, is as time goes by the other teams in "Your League" are getting better and are learning to beat your 40 with their 25. If they can beat your 40 with their 25, what will it be like when you finally have to cut those teams in half??? Don't answer that, we already know...

People these are the real issues that have FatCat all tore up. It has to be hard looking at the future of Greenbrier football from a Greenbrier football fan's perspective.

P.S. If the weight of the looming future becomes too much for you to bear, and you decide to move back to South Carolina, let me know and I'll help you pack.

FatCat

I normally read but do not post but you have personally inspired me. You really shouldn't have brought our Jr. Pro into this. This is a high school forum - but since you chose to do so - there are a few things you failed to mention.

Folks, I had the priviledge this weekend of watching not one, but three Greenbrier football teams have season ending losses. The other two were Jr. pro team games played yesterday. I say priviledge because that is how I trully felt. Don't get me wrong - I hate it for the kids because I know losing does hurt - but it hurts the parents and coaches alot more than it ever does the kids. After reading the posts for the last 4 weeks from some of you Greenbrier people, and being at both high school games and both Jr. Pro games, my opinion of Greenbrier has slid inline with yours of White House - FatCat.

I understand why you are so bitter - Three losses in less than 24 hours will make most people have a bitter feeling or two, but you are extra bitter because you know that your precious temporary Greenbrier football dynasties are at their end. Your high school had improved enough to somewhat dominate the region and last year you finally made it to the finals - only to have White House and Pearl Cohn drop down and ruin the next 4 years for ya...

Everyone knows White House was somewhat "down" this year but they also know what we have coming up through the ranks. You had your one and only win against White House two weeks ago and you know it will be years now before you get another.

Now back to the Jr. Pro. Unlike White House, Portland, and Ashland City, your organization refuses to split their 40 person teams into two seperate teams. They turn kids away once they reach their 40. They do this because in past years they have been somewhat dominant - other teams average around 20 to 25 kids. This is nothing more than a vulgar display of EGO by everyone involved with your youth organization. You all want to win so badly that you are hurting your own kids. Only 11 can play at a time so instead of making two teams you let the other 25 stand on the sideline and watch. I'm sure most of your parents would agree - of course there are 11 that wouldn't. This thing has turned entire communities against you. Not just White House. The kids as well as the parents from the other teams all hate Greenbrier.

The funny thing though, is as time goes by the other teams in "Your League" are getting better and are learning to beat your 40 with their 25. If they can beat your 40 with their 25, what will it be like when you finally have to cut those teams in half??? Don't answer that, we already know...

People these are the real issues that have FatCat all tore up. It has to be hard looking at the future of Greenbrier football from a Greenbrier football fan's perspective.

P.S. If the weight of the looming future becomes too much for you to bear, and you decide to move back to South Carolina, let me know and I'll help you pack.

We'll help you pack, too. Well said WH1971. ;)

Once again.....failure to know the FACTS before they post......THE White Hose Men's Club!

In the 6 years I have been in Greenbrier, we have YET to have a single team reach the 40 player limit. That means not a SINGLE player has been turned away. As a matter of fact, the first year we were in the league when my son was six, we got in late as newcomers to the area 2 weeks after their season had begun.

That is part of the HATE that exists in then so-called Men's Club based on eroneous information. They make up their facts to suit their own biased complaints. You guys know nothing about the Greenbrier program. It is quality run top to bottom......you will make up any story you can to explain why you can't beat us.

I could tell you all day the false stories told about Greenbrier, but I won't. Keep living your world of hatred for Greenbrier.....and maybe one day you will see the light realize your shortcomings are due to your own ineptitudes!

p.s. not going anywhere! My son will graduate from Greenbrier HS as did his older brother (part of that phenomenal senior class)!