STATE TOURNEY PICKS FOR MEN'S A BASKETBALL...WHO IS GOING ?

eagle306

What is it with yall Lake County people... yall think yall are going to win the state championship in EVERY SPORT! Right before Football season started you said. Lake county winning the gold ball. Well we all know that didn't happen. Im sry to tell you. Your not going to win state. Union City will knock your socks off your feet. They are already killing AA competition in scrimmages. Plus... just think you have one the best if not best AA last year dropping down into YOUR DISTRICT! Union City would probably won last year if it had not been for that game. Im not trying to stay on UC. Also you got to get through Middleton. Which I don't see yall doing either. Yall are good team. No doubt. BUT NOT BORO' WINNERS :thumb:

Well, I seriously think that you need to watch what you say. Because Lake County is extremely capable of wimming state so get your head out of the clouds!! And watch what team you talk about!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC will be great competition for anyone, but the only thing that can stop LC from

going to the Boro is LC. Meaning the players and coaches not staying focused on

the primary goal. Because the talent, coaches and most of all discipline is there.

After looking at these kids saturday night there rotating five off the bench could

start for any team in your district or region and be very successful.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I wonder why everyone would leave out Humboldt...I mean they did go to the 2A state tourney last year...yes they lost a couple of players but they are a better TEAM this year...and since they've dropped down to 1A, there are gonna be a lot of teams in that region that Humboldt might beat by 40 or worse...They've only played 2 games so far, Madison Academic and Milan...Beat Madison by 20 something and beat Milan last nite 81 to 30 something...They're extremely deep and very capable of beating Union City and Lake County...but I guess we'll find out Dec. 2 when Union City and Humboldt match up in Humboldt

I've pretty well said in all my posts that I wouln't count you guys out...I saw Humbolt last year and was very impressed and with only two starters gone and a 6'5 transfer moved in based on what I've been reading on these posts,they would have to be listed up there with U.C. and my Falcons..Lake Co is 2-0 at this point,have beaten two very good teams...but both these games were hard,tough games,and although I'm glad we won,at the same time , both games could have went the other way..And I believe a lot of teams in our district will suffer two or three losses...But that still doesn't mean they're not all excellent teams with a chance to make it to State...I still look for Middle College to win that other district over Middleton but it could go either way...Humbolt,Lake Co,U.C.,Middleton,and Middle...It's probably not too much difference in any of these teams but on a certain night I could see Humbolt beating L.C and vice versa..same as the other teams on a certain night...It's going to come down to turnovers and if a team is red hot ...To me ...by looking at the U.C scores against Bolivar and Haywood,without their football players ,and the two Humbolt scores in the games they have played against Madison and Milan and the two teams that Lake Co has already beaten ,in Brighton and Middle College...I don't believe there is a tougher district in the State...And let's not forget about Halls,Trenton,etc..Both these teams will be tough also..I saw Halls against Millington last week and they looked pretty good also..

The district with Union City, Lake county, Humbolt, etc. could be the best single a district ever. I can not think of a better one. My pick to win the 1a state is Middleton again they have been there before and have the experience, Union city needs to preform better in those big games but could very well beat any team in 1a. Union city just has to win that big game in the young Sisco era. Humbolt and Lake county can beat anyone on any night but can be inconsistant. A long season ahead and it will all be decided on the floor soon.

What is it with yall Lake County people... yall think yall are going to win the state championship in EVERY SPORT! Right before Football season started you said. Lake county winning the gold ball. Well we all know that didn't happen. Im sry to tell you. Your not going to win state. Union City will knock your socks off your feet. They are already killing AA competition in scrimmages. Plus... just think you have one the best if not best AA last year dropping down into YOUR DISTRICT! Union City would probably won last year if it had not been for that game. Im not trying to stay on UC. Also you got to get through Middleton. Which I don't see yall doing either. Yall are good team. No doubt. BUT NOT BORO' WINNERS :thumb:

May I remind you that it doesnt matter if you are "killing" AA competition. They may be AA but it doesnt mean they're any good it just means they have more students. They could be AA or AAA and still stink but I guess you thought no one would pick up on that!!

May I remind you that it doesnt matter if you are "killing" AA competition. They may be AA but it doesnt mean they're any good it just means they have more students. They could be AA or AAA and still stink but I guess you thought no one would pick up on that!!

And who says that you will make it out of region. You have to make it through district first and who says that you won't get put out there. You never know what can happen. LC could easily win state just as well as your team could. No one thought Middleton would beat Temple (the ones thought to win state), but they did. Also, Union City got put out first round, in the district last year. They were another team that could have been state champions. All I am saying is that anything can happen on any given night, so don't go saying LC won't make it through region until it happens. Then you can say I told you LC wouldn't make it out of region.

actually, union city won their district last year. they got put out in the regionals.