Huntingdon v/s Milan --Quarterfinal matchup

MB77

I just want to praise someone who hasn't recieved it yet....Jason Norman......he has hit clutch field goals this season...think about how hard it is to just come cold right on the field and drill a field goal......the one he hit to go up 17-14 before halftime was big in the momentem battle. Great kid that doesn't get much credit for the little things he does.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to praise someone who hasn't recieved it yet....Jason Norman......he has hit clutch field goals this season...think about how hard it is to just come cold right on the field and drill a field goal......the one he hit to go up 17-14 before halftime was big in the momentem battle. Great kid that doesn't get much credit for the little things he does.

I agree 100%. Pretty tough player. He's also "King of the Wings".... :thumb:

i just tought about this has nothing to do with the outcome of the game but does anyone else think that there were excessive penalties against both h town and milan from what i heard on the radio it sounded like they were calling dome penalties that just didnt seem that it was there again i say against both teams not just milan dont want it to sound as if milan should have won because h town got it done bottom line thx

i just tought about this has nothing to do with the outcome of the game but does anyone else think that there were excessive penalties against both h town and milan from what i heard on the radio it sounded like they were calling dome penalties that just didnt seem that it was there again i say against both teams not just milan dont want it to sound as if milan should have won because h town got it done bottom line thx

There were some questionable calls on both teams. However, I thought they did a good job overall. There may have been a couple of phantom holding calls but that's typical in every game.

The difference in this game was Huntingdon's DB's. They covered the pass better than Milan's. Rushing stats were almost identical but the Mustangs killed us through the air.

Crocker's passes were on the money all night and the receivers were wide open. Lydale didn't have the luxury of throwing to wide open receivers because of how good the Mustangs DB's played.

Congrats to Huntingdon on a big win! Listened to the game after our game and it was a nail-biter like always! Congrats Milan, everyone thought this was a rebuilding year...I know alot of teams that wish they could "rebuild" so well! Good Luck next year!

Time for Huntingdon to take it to Goodpasture....Camden shot themselves in the foot too many times when we really had the edge and could have pulled out the win. I think the Stangs should handle the Cougars pretty easily and then on to the Boro!

Thanks, Lion. Think you'll be able to join us????? GO 'STANGS :huh:

I've just gotten home from the UT-Vandy game and I must say "Thank God for the Mustangs!!" Your performance on and off the field this week was outstanding!! I look forward to going to Goodpasture this week and watching you take care of business!! Remember the '99 season? Not going to happen this time!!

JP Powell, great game! You stepped it up and kept the momentum going. D-line, great job handling the Milan-O......Logan S., Brandon S., Ced, etc.......tough, tough, tough!!!!!! CBAKE, BMACK, DeAngelo, Brandon T., Williams twins, the Twin towers(Ethan and Lucas)...REMARKABLE!!!!!!You can't have a good passing game with Jerry and Boo around. Special and kicking teams-couldn't have done it without you! Chris Donald-Priceless!!

Thank you so much for giving us such a fantastic, nail-biting, hair-raising, on the edge of our seats, good to the last drop exciting and thrilling battle to remember and stories to tell our grandchildren. You're a special group of young men and the coaches aren't too bad either. See ya' in Nashville!!!! GO MIGHTY, MIGHTY MUSTANGS!!! ;)

this was a great game..well worth the 7 bucks and cold weather i enjoyed it alot...#10 for milan ran the ball good...but crocker and donald were just too much

good luck to huntingdon...

................................................................................................................................GCOUNTY you finally got one right... Crocker was the biggest difference in this one! of course Chris and Boo are Chris and Boo..olline..dline fabulous all nite...both teams played their Hearts out to the very end.. Go get the Gold Ball STANGS!!! ALL West Tennessee fans are Rooting you on! GO STANGS and lest i forget..GO COVINGTON CHARGERS!!... :thumb:

................................................................................................................................GCOUNTY you finally got one right... Crocker was the biggest difference in this one! of course Chris and Boo are Chris and Boo..olline..dline fabulous all nite...both teams played their Hearts out to the very end.. Go get the Gold Ball STANGS!!! ALL West Tennessee fans are Rooting you on! GO STANGS and lest i forget..GO COVINGTON CHARGERS!!... :thumb:

Thanks, FAN! We appreciate all the encouragement! Our young men will do what they've done all year........their BEST!!! GO 'STANGS!! :)

Well, I guess what goes around comes around.

Victor Kidd jumps offsides in 98' and scores the winning TD for Milan without a penalty. Game film shows Huntingdon scores the winning TD in 05' with 12 players on the field.

Ahh, I can't wait until week 7 next year to see what happens in the most storied rivalry in West Tn. LOL

Good luck Mustangs and bring the gold home to 7-2A. Something tells me that the state title game has already happened (again). LOL