Goodpasture @ Camden

Lions4ever

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story of this game wasn't the penalties, which did hurt, but was the play of Goodpastures Offensive and Defensive lines. They had small college sized linemen. The Camden linemen did a good job, they were just overmatched by the size of Goodpasture.

Agreed size did play a part.....The lions didn't have a pulling guard that could match up and block to break the Boyds free on the outside and it was hard to break the middle open with those big bodies plugging the holes. Not much we could do about that. We did have some baaaad calls but ....you can't blame this loss on that. Goodpasture played as good as they had to to win the game...end of story! Even with the loss of some seemingly irreplaceable players I see great things next season for the Lions!

Agreed size did play a part.....The lions didn't have a pulling guard that could match up and block to break the Boyds free on the outside and it was hard to break the middle open with those big bodies plugging the holes. Not much we could do about that. We did have some baaaad calls but ....you can't blame this loss on that. Goodpasture played as good as they had to to win the game...end of story! Even with the loss of some seemingly irreplaceable players I see great things next season for the Lions!

well i am a guard you was not out there so keep your thoughts for your self

well i am a guard you was not out there so keep your thoughts for your self

Hey hold up...I didn't mean anything negative by that. Considering the size difference between our lines I thought the Lions did an excellent job. There was very little pressure put on Chad and that's a credit to the skill of our linemen. But you WERE out there and you know man on man Goodpasture's size caused trouble. When you are outsized, you're outsized there is nothing negative about that. Remember barring the called back touchdown and those 2 crucial 1st half turnovers that game was ours....and that's a credit to the job the lines did and all the fans know it. How many times did the Cougars line jump offsides because they knew they had to come off the ball fast to beat ya'll. :lol: Sorry if that was taken wrong, I wasn't calling out any players at all cause I thought you guys did a great job!

I'd like to thank all the Camden Central High School players, managers, and coaches for such another great run this year. Not one, not two, but three home playoff games at Wright Field. Ward is now 20-6 over the past two years (.769), with 5 of the 6 losses coming from top ten teams. (26-11 or .703 in his three full years at Camden) I'll put that record against any coach in the history of the school. My hat is off to this year's seniors who kept playing and winning even when almost everybody counted you out. Congrats to the junrs. and sophs. too for stepping up when you were called upon. Let's work hard over the winter and keep in competition with the big dogs.

Edited by @38320

Game statistics

First downs...Rushes...Passing...Pass yds...Fumbles...Punts...Penalties

Goodpasture

13................0-249.......2-6-0.........18............0-0...........0-0.0......9-60

Camden

12................0-122......8-17-1........15............2-2...........0-0.0......4-35

First downs...Rushes...Passing...Pass yds..Fumbles....Punts....Penalties

Riverside

12...............50-173.....4-10-1.........48..........3-2............6-26.0.....10-75

Goodpasture

11...............38-214.....3-10-1.........71..........7-4............1-32.0.....1-5

could someone fill in the zeros for me on the rushes for camden and goodpasture

and the punts. this is what the tennessean had.

I am trying to keep some stats of my own.

Edited by lchspanther

Be a little smart and look at "lchspanthers" post and history and you will find out that he/she did not post until after the LC Riverside game and before the Camden Riverside game. Why would someone from Lewis County put up the stats from a Riverside Goodpasture game. "What I am trying to say is that lchspanthers is from PARSONS.

Everyonce and a while you need to look in your stands and see that you had Lewis County support. Camden and Riverside alway talk about being from across the River and supporting each other. I do not thing the bashing of Camden is coming across the river.(Parsons)

Lewis County congradulates Camden on a great year. Yes, we would have like to have been still playing but that is something we have to correct.

Till next year

who ever lchspanther is the only thing he or she had wrong on their post was Loretto coming in forth

but it does look like riverside played goodpasture

a little stronger than camden by the stats.I wasn't at either game but

I thought goodpasture would be hard to beat for any region 6 team

i wander what lewis county could have done since they did get first in the region. but they lost to the forth seed. we will never know

Way to go Camden...Thank you for 13 weeks of entertainment....You boys came together as a team, played your hearts out and truly gave Camden a wonderful football season...Would like to say thank you to all the coaches for taking our boys and making them winners and for getting Camden back to a football town....